Introducing Level Up Shorts!

Hi developers,

Today, I’d like to introduce you to Level Up Shorts! This new format is shorter than our Workshop or Roundtable videos and will focus on foundational design topics, such as today’s Core Loops and Prototyping.

This shorter format will also allow us to produce content more frequently, so we’ll have even more Level Up videos for you soon!

We will periodically add new design topics and links to the YouTube videos to the list below. Follow the post for notifications when we upload a new video.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Core Loop

In this Level Up short, Roblox Game Insights game designer Dspav introduces the concept and functionality of core loops: the essential, repeated actions that players take to make progress in a game.

:memo: Prototyping

In this short presentation, Roblox Game Insights game designer Dspav explains how testing your mechanics and UI early can help you identify problems, fine-tune your design, and find the fun faster.

:chart_with_upwards_trend: Analytics

In this short video, Roblox Game Insights team designer Dspav describes the key performance indicators that measure a game’s health across engagement, retention and monetization.

Next Up: Feature Analytics!

Remember to turn notifications on for this thread or subscribe to the DevRel YouTube channel if you’d like a notification when we post another Level Up Short!

106 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Cool!

It’s good to see that Roblox is getting back into interacting with the community, at least a little bit via social media.

0 dislikes. as it should be.

11 Likes

This information is actually very valuable and strategic information. Thanks to you @BreakfastCandy and the whole team for sharing these with the community from more accessible platforms. :roblox_light:

I eagerly await the other parts. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Really like this idea, I don’t usually watch the full videos from the Level Up series so having short documents or clips will be very useful and will not take much time from developers.

10 Likes

Very cool! I like how they’re shorter than the round tables and packed with tons of helpful insights! Thanks Developer Relations!

8 Likes

Love this! Shorter ways to pack helpful notes :eyes:

8 Likes

Communitization is always good.

3 Likes

This definitely looks interesting I’ll need to check this out.

6 Likes

It would be fine to have a Core Loop template for our experiences. Like RPG, Baseball, Jailbreak and RHS.

Very intressting, this makes me think about some of my Project again.
I am really investing a lot of time into thinking about the general Concept and Game Mechanics, I’d never think that this is actually helping that much. Thanks Roblox Developer Relations!

Have a nice day guys! :grinning:

~ErsterBrawler

2 Likes

Hey, everyone! A brand-new Analytics :chart_with_upwards_trend: short was added today. Check it out to learn about key performance indicators and what they mean for your game!

2 Likes

Very important statistics are mentioned in the video. Really like a guide! :bar_chart:

1 Like

Do you possibly know where i could find this?

It is good that Roblox is getting back into intwracting with the community.

Thank you, (Developer Relations)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.