Introducing Localization Language Picker

Hey Developers,

We have just released a new Localization Tool that will allow you to test your games in all of the languages that Roblox currently supports!

In order to test out this tool, head on over to the Plugins Tab and select “Test Language”.

The new feature makes it easier to test your localized game. If you haven’t localized your game yet, this article will help you get started: https://www.robloxdev.com/articles/Roblox-Localization-Tools

Once you’ve localized your game, you can use this menu to test in English, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish!

Language%20Picker

If you want to test your game in a language that is not currently supported by Roblox, add a column to your LocalizationTable for that language, and enter the locale ID into the text input box following (Custom).

Stay tuned for more awesome Localization Tools coming soon!

70 Likes

It seems the new studio updates are going to make testing less redundant and more productive. Sweet.

7 Likes

Sweet!

One of my major gripes with localization is the constant need to update the spreadsheet when adding text to the game (hence, getting translators who are perpetually interested in helping out the game). This is an annoyance, but a necessary one for a fully localized game. Adding more languages makes the effort linearly increase.

I want stats on how many of my game’s players are using each language, to even determine if all the effort is worth it.

We need stats

24 Likes

Yay!!

With the coming updates would the bug for languages like Arabic be fixed where the writing appears backwards?

It’s the only issue i am currently facing which prevents me from translating games to Arabic :confused:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Awesome! Also, check my localization post :slight_smile: for those who want to localize their game to Brazilian Portuguese!

2 Likes

Finally this is a must needed feature!

1 Like

We hear you on this and are working on something that might help. Stay tuned!

6 Likes

Will you add more languages in the future?

Perhaps Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Finnish, Czech, Slovak, Slovenian, Italian, Turkish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.

13 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.