Introducing New Material: Glass

So many amazing new features recently. Glass, Beams, and the draw distance being increased… I’m loving all the new content!
It’s like Developer Christmas.

8 Likes

This is basically dual render. Now we just need higher magnification and a clearer image.

1 Like

Would the shape of the BasePart be able to distort the image accordingly (such as convex and concave lenses)?

Yeah, I think it does to a point.

This is the most lit thing ever, but…

Is this expected behavior? Not a glass expert, but I don’t think this should happen.

10 Likes

Veryyyyyyy happy with this new material. The glare is a bit much with the new lighting demo, though. Might just be me needing to tweak with the existing pointlights in the area.

31 Likes

Yeah, I’ve noticed this too. I think it has something to do with the way they render the image through the glass.

4 Likes

Guess I’ll be the first one to do it

14 Likes

Oh boy, can’t wait to fight that ingame.

1 Like

You can now make your characters look fat and short. image

Jokes aside I actually really like this and after experimenting with it, I approve! Too bad my computer can’t handle graphics beyond 7…

20 Likes

How come I can’t see “Glass” in my materials?

Did most recent update like 20 minutes ago.

Using Windows10

2 Likes

If you click File > About Roblox Studio, what does it say the version is?

2 Likes

Can’t see objects through glass unless the object is not transparent/translucent. D:

3 Likes

At least you can handle 7 graphics, I can’t play most Roblox games above level 3 graphics.

4 Likes

bon appetit

75 Likes

tried making the dragon balls from the anime but there’s a lot of jagged edges

11 Likes

I’m not so sure about the exterior but the interior was originally built by me. :wink:
By the way, you can improve the effect if you change the color of the glass to be fully white and set the transparency to 0.999. Very basic rendering trick, but still impressive!

if we want a true bigger-on-the-inside effect, the next feature we need is RT cameras

I’ve been toying around with this cool new feature, but it turns out that I don’t have as many glass objects as I thought I did, besides the occasional time rotor.

2 Likes

Yeah, 317 is the older version. 318 is the latest. What are you using to launch Studio? If you’re using RobloxStudioBeta.exe instead of RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe, it won’t update Studio. @Maximum_ADHD’s Studio Mod Manager isn’t detecting the new version either for some reason if you’re using that.

If you run RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe, do you update to 318?

1 Like

Just going to re-install

Yep, that fixed it.

1 Like