Introducing our New Localization Tools!

Does chat also translate? Because I’d like to know if it’s possible to have a conversation with someone else who doesn’t speak my language and not know they’re typing another language?

1 Like

Chat doesn’t translate as of right now. The Lua chat team would need to add translating to it.

1 Like

All of them.

11 Likes

Seems like quite a good addition to the platform :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome!!

2 Likes

Roblox intends to support all 6909 languages?

According to the Ethnologue? That sounds quite crazy.

5 Likes

One word: ¡GRACIAS!

1 Like

This is great but I can’t help but notice that it takes up a lot more valuable plugin space than it should. The animation editor is acceptable because it takes 2 spaces and is used often. The localization tools take 5 spaces and will not be used as frequently in most cases. I would be cool with this if it could be enabled / disabled like 3rd party plugins.

The placement of the buttons seem rushed. Maybe consider updating them to be more accommodating?

8 Likes

Yesssss awesome!

#french ftw!

1 Like

Has this been released yet? I attempted to test it outside of studio and I couldn’t find anyway to change my language to Spanish?

1 Like

The localization tools already have been released. There is a known bug where the tools will not work in team create.

1 Like

I know the tools are out, but what about in an actual game? Because I tried going through my settings and stuff and looking at the wiki and couldn’t find any information as to actually change your language from English to Spanish (as an end user).

1 Like

Currently, you can only change your language on the mobile app. However, it is expected that it will be released on the website very soon too.

5 Likes

10/10 going to make one for Chinese

1 Like

:smiley: Bigger player base for Roblox

1 Like

I’m having another problem, I can post this as a proper bug report if necessary but…

1. When I upload my spanish translations, then convert the language to es-es, then play solo, everything that was in ServerScriptService, ServerStorage and ReplicatedStorage disappears. Workspace is fine.

2. And when I start a local server, the language is just in en-us.

Thanks!

Also I hope my game will get more players now that i’ve translated it all. (see this post :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Is there a way to “broaden” or remove context? There’s a lot of repeat strings in my generated table. I’m wondering if setting the context to blank would make it so it translates every possible instance of that string?

2 Likes

Context is used to rank, not filter matches. You can remove context and delete all the duplicate source entries.

Context is matched from the right for ranking right now (I want to replace this with a better fuzzy match on the future). You can just delete from the left to broaden it currently.

3 Likes

Is it possible to translate stats column names on the player list? - and if not, are there plans to support it?
The text capture plugin does not seem to catch it, as it’s using Name and not some Text property.

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone asked already, but does Roblox plan to support other languages for studio itself.

Also, it would be cool if localization tools worked for plugins too.

1 Like