BuiltInPlugins show up in Manage Plugins

As a developer, it’s too difficult to cope with plugins that come installed with Roblox (e.g. UI editor / localization tools) and have some negative impact on my workflow. The only way to mitigate this is to disable them by navigating to Studio’s install folder on the local disk and deleting the plugin. This process has to be repeated every time Studio updates. If Roblox is able to address this, it would save me the trouble of either painfully manipulating the install folder of Studio every time it updates, or just allowing the plugin to hinder me.

To address this issue, built-in plugins should show up in the Plugin Management tab where they can be disabled or enabled. Examples of why developers may want to disable default plugins:

• Someone else on my development team localizes the game, so why am I forced to have the localization tools I don’t use take up 15% of the space on my plugin tab?
  • Similar stories as above for animation editor and any plugins which may become official in the future (e.g. dialogue editor)
  • WIP plugins which are destructive to developer workflow. Obviously we want to improve the plugin so this isn’t the case, but we shouldn’t be forcefully preventing developers from using Studio during the meanwhile
  • I want to use a different plugin than what Studio offers. E.g. an animation editor highly tailored to my game – I don’t need the old one in that case, and in some cases it’s impossible to even use a custom solution if the official plugin is forced (e.g. UI editor)
34 Likes