We’re thrilled to introduce package diffs, a step forward in expanding the diffing capabilities in Studio. From today, this feature is available to all for any package you can access.
New to packages? Learn how to get started here.
With package diffs, you can:
- Compare any two selected package versions
- View the 3D visual diff of the final output
- View the properties diff for any instance
- View the script diff across all scripts
- Understand changes to the package hierarchy
Try using package diffs to:
- Review updates and their impact on your copy
- Compare your local changes against the latest version
- Understand the content of past versions before restoring
Package diffs highlight our latest tech advancements in Studio. For the best experience, we suggest using this feature for package versions that are created after this release.
Select “Compare Package Versions” in the Explorer menu. This option is available for all packages that you have access to.
Select any two versions of a package to compare. When there’s an incoming update, the default view compares your local copy with the incoming version. Otherwise, it defaults to comparing your local copy with the latest version.
Select instances to navigate diff views. Understand changes to the hierarchy with the following indicators:
- Changed instance
- Added instance
- Deleted instance
- Pan with a drag/click of the left mouse
- Rotate with a drag/click of the right mouse
- Zoom using the mouse wheel
- Press the “f” key to refocus and center views
- Controls are synchronized across panels
The “Visual Overview” tab will always display the final 3D output in this release. While visual diffs for 2D objects and descendants outside the root aren’t currently supported, we’re committed to enhancing this feature based on your feedback.
- Changed property or attribute
- Added attribute
- Deleted attribute
Script diffs are available for all scripts. Script diffs in packages use our existing diff component, ensuring that upcoming improvements benefit all.
Kudos for reaching the end!
Your early feedback will be instrumental in guiding future decisions and enhancements. Dive in and let us know!
Special thanks to the Robloxians who made it happen: