Introducing Premium Payouts!

I think that this is a good way to get some extra money by encouraging others to buy ROBLOX Premium. People may say it’s a waste of time, but I find it nice that people can get an amount of revenue normally and by premium payouts; people may not get much off of it, but it still adds up in the future.

Everyone has their own opinions, I personally think this is a wonderful way for people to earn a little bit more money than they usually would.

Premium Payouts is an good update, but this will make people that has premium go to some game, like an baseplate game, many people will ask to premium players to join ther game so they can earn robux.
This will be kinda annoying to premium players.

Yes, that may be true, but people can just ignore whoever is nagging them. I understand where you are coming from, but the user can easily stop the issue by ignoring the person nagging them to join their game. It may be annoying, but it actually can help people who don’t have premium get a small amount of money from friends willing to help them out financially.

1 Like

Small question what happens if the game is a group game, will the robux go to the owner or the actual group?

Thanks.

2 Likes

The paying works the same as normal gamepass and developer products. Thus, all of the earnings will go to your group :slight_smile:

Great first month boys. In a year i can afford a cup of noodles! :smiley:

Was averaging 50-150 players then dipped past week 5-20 players and
got 16 robux.

4 Likes

Screenshot 2020-03-15 at 19.17.30

This message is honestly rather uninformative, ‘Your game’ could imply a whole host of things given I own royalties in several games across several groups as do many other developers.

Also as stated the amounts received from premium payouts Is negligible from my experience, in a game earning 70-100k robux/day it was only getting around 14 (yes, 14 not 14k)from premium payouts.

6 Likes

My game averages 1k players a day, and was projected to earn at minimum 5k a day. I’m not even really sure how to respond to this beyond giving the benefit of the doubt, and perhaps it’s a bug?

3 Likes

Much like everyone before me, there’s a lack of information about which game I received this payout from and what the reasoning was behind the massive difference between predicted payout and actual payout.

I don’t think that amount is accurate and I think that it’s a bug. I got a message similar to yours that said I made 44 Robux but I’ve made more than that so far. Also, it seems like they are still working on Premium since all the Robux that you’ve made are not reported in the group’s premium payouts/user’s premium payouts.

Do premium payouts get split with a royalty setup, it is very misleading with the email if they are.

I own a 40% share in the group and both me, and the group owner received identical messages involving the payout.

1 Like

Only the owner should have got an email since it’s automated to group owners doesn’t make sense you got it.

1 Like

Hello!

Few things I’d really like to point out at first payout…

1. Is there any reason why those information are sent by mail? I don’t think people feel comfortable to receive 1 mail daily for every game about premium payouts.
    (I’m assuming its 1 msg for each game daily, because the mail I got exactly presents premium feature income from one of my games)
  2. Is it a bug that the money does not display in economy summary after getting the message & mail?
  3. Why should I receive a mail telling me how much Robux game has raised (Especially since it’s under group in my case and I don’t even know which game it is). Could it be made so it sums the payouts for every user and sends one summary (with list including each game) daily?
3 Likes

Premium Payouts only seem useful for very small scale devs to me, being fully honest.

I’ve received 64 R$ when my game averages 500 concurrent players and 100K~ R$ daily.

As you might guess, 64 R$ compared to 100k is literally nothing.

I wonder if Premium Payouts will ever be improved. I don’t see myself adding premium benefits at all right now. It simply isn’t worth it.

9 Likes

Looks like this is disproportionately going to benefit front page games more than small - mid size games ;( would’ve preferred a devex rate increase instead of this feature

3 Likes

I think it would be a good idea to set a minimum amount of playtime for games, so that small amounts of robux doesn’t get taken away by people playing their ownmade baseplate game just to get a littlebit more robux for free.

Fantastic update. One of the reasons I stopped developing on this platform was because there was a low diversity of game styles that could actually turn a profit on the website. This goes a long way to making more kinds of game viable. I’m hoping this will encourage a greater variety of games being made and getting played going forward!

Hello! :slight_smile: I can’t seem to find any logs how much we got from premium payouts, besides via email…
Can I find it somewhere? Since the game is a group game.

Also, it looks like the payouts didn’t get added but that might just be me.

Hello,

I’ve gotten the same email, and if I’m not wrong, I believe that everyone’s premium payouts are on hold for a couple days as observed by my groups pending robux. I’m assuming that once the funds are released, they will be distributed and honor my groups auto payout system.

Am I correct on this?

Rank by gameplay time: 518
Payout:

i kinda figured this would happen, only really there for the big games to earn extra…

6 Likes