Introducing Premium Payouts!

Where does the premium payout go? I do not see it in my trade summary. I have no idea if I even go it. This is very confusing.

1 Like

I very much love this new feature! I just got my payout today and I thought to myself; ā€œWait I donā€™t have premium, is roblox giving me free things?ā€

Short answer, yes but no. I love it. :slight_smile:
Thank you for this amazing change! Will be interesting to see how other developers plan on using it.

I was surprised when I saw the email this morning saying that I had earned 57 Robux when I donā€™t even have any public games. I just have the one game that Iā€™m working on that is private that I test on PC and mobile frequently (I have premium). To be clear, iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve never made this place public, and other than myself it has never received any visitors. I can only assume it is from this place as it is the only one that Iā€™ve been working on since mid last year and none of my other places are public either.

Edit: None of my places have ever received any visitors as I have never released a game publicly.

Edit 2: After looking at some of my other places that Iā€™ve jumped into briefly over the last few months to test various things, they also show dots like in the graph below. I could be wrong, but it seems like time spent in my own private games is being counted. Feel free to deduct my 57 Robux if it turns out there has been an error somewhere.

3 Likes

This change is a joke. I really hope Roblox was just testing this feature and plans on revamping it after the testing phase is done.

If you were projected to earn 5k Robux (which isnā€™t even a lot, for that amount of players online constantly) and only made 47 then itā€™s either this system sucks or the fact that you only get the funds the first month after or something (donā€™t remember the exact details).

7 Likes

I have a question. How do I get notifications from email about Premium Payouts?

2 Likes

My summary page does not say I received any robux yet.
I only got one email for one dayā€™s worth of robux for one game, two days ago. It didnā€™t include my second smaller game.
Whatā€™s going on?

3 Likes

No clue, honestly. I havenā€™t gotten any for any of my personal or group games.

This update is awesome! Hopefully once I get a game out to the public, I can use this to my advantage in some way which is fair and not unfair. What am I referring to? Players.

Hi thank you for telling but how to add premium payout to your game because i got a game it shows i got 32 robux in the game grid but its like a moth i did not get that robux

This has introduced a pretty interesting scenario.

My game has a money over time mechanic, so Iā€™ve created some anti-AFK systems to prevent users from setting up an autoclicker or keypresser and walking away.

However, because of Premium Payouts, Iā€™ve set it to not kick Premium users. They stay in-game, but it stops awarding them the money.

Having them AFK gives me money, so why would I remove them? I just halt the economy inflation and let them sit there. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Nice idea but how do you add premium payout to a game?

Youā€™reā€¦ youā€™re in the thread that explains the payouts in great detail.

Every game on Roblox automatically has Premium Payout.

1 Like

Ye but i got 32 robux pending but its like more then 30 days i did not get the 32 robux do i need to add something in the game? ( so that what am asking really )

Lol. Prejected stats showed I was earning 4K-5K per day across my games from this.

Hereā€™s what I got for a month: R$1,384

If this is how little this system is going to give then I am certain Iā€™m going to make zero effort to try convince people to purchase BC through my games moving forward, and instead just focus solely on monetizing my own games for myself.

16 Likes

Iā€™m wondering why my premium payouts went down in the last couple of days even if my player count stayed the same. I was starting to get quite satisfied with the projected revenues until the recent drop.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 10.12.29 PM

1 Like

Mine has done this too, though the school closures have increased overall player counts when theyā€™d normally dip during weekdaysā€¦ Perhaps the share of premium players on the platform overall is lower?

I do not really understand how Roblox estimates your robux earned, it just possibly is an estimate based off of how many players your game gets and the playtime and some math.

I see this being a good feature for small developers but wonder one thing, it can be very much abused with this like stated in a post far above this.

• Make a paid game, then tp to free one.

Easily abused by playtime in paid game + free game.

Are premium payouts subject to a transaction fee ? Like you only get 10% if you donā€™t have premium and 70% if you do?

I am so confused? I was projected to earn 300ish and only got 50, but of course i appreciate the free robux to help my group, but is there a tax that reduces it? or is it just an estimate and can be from 0 - 300?

2 Likes

The projection is an estimate. It is not a guarantee. Think of it like a program that projects how your stocks might increase / decrease in the near feature using previous trends.

1 Like