Introducing Premium Payouts!

Did any premium users join your game and play it for a bit?

1 Like

This bothers me too.

I am going to humbly say I concur entirely with Ted here - Itā€™s not the fact that either side - those who make games on Roblox ** for money ** or those who make games on Roblox ** for game creation/concept knowledge and just the gist of achieving a money-less skillful thrill ** SHOULD represent what EVERYONE should follow.

Some developers (Myself included) arenā€™t built around the concept of charging players for any product or perhaps creating game-sell/marketing models, and yes, I could care less whether or not my game makes money - I simply would like better tools and technology as stated by Ted so that we can create what we wanted in the first place; a pretty, fun, fantastic, and enjoyable experience for all, not (Key word) just those with Robux or premium.

Finally, in a laconic sentence - As with Ted - tools, engine evolution and experience first.

2 Likes

I get that small developers wonā€™t really get a whole lot of robux from this but what you have to keep in mind that every robuck counts, we should all be glad that we get anything at all.

1 Like

Yes it says i got 33 robux pending in the premium payout but i did not get it for now its more then a month.

I would like to deeply apologize for wanting an income, Iā€™m sorry that Roblox is allowing developers to earn a living without milking every player. Iā€™m sorry that Roblox is a company who need to feed families, both employees and developers.

Itā€™s unfortunate that Roblox has a priority list and uses a range of departments to work on a range of things; both fixing and improving. Itā€™s with great sadness I express the technical debt on the platform to you.

Finally, I would like to personally apologize directly to you for being unable to take the time out of your 24/7 work schedule to make something yourself to fix this issue.

I hope you understand and accept such an apology from me and I hope you make light of this statement to further improvement the platform.

24 Likes

Yeah this whole Premium Graph page makes absolutely no sense and needs to be explained better or redone.

First, premium payouts since 3/31/2020 have been tripled, my graphs still are showing the same amount of Robux earned.

Second, Iā€™m a part of Egg Hunt with 800,000 plays a day. Before I had 500 premium plays and received 1,000 Robux. I now have over 40,000 premium plays a day, and the calculated amount still shows, 1,000 Robuxā€¦ Idk how thats even possible.

Third, the solid line is supposed to represent ā€œpaidā€ robux, meaning it has finished pending. It says that this occurs 3 days after it has finished calculating over 28 days. 28 days ago today was March 11, add the 3 days waiting period and our solid line should be at March 8th, but its showing a solid line up to March 12th.

Fourth, we are shown a premium playtime score, but this number is completely irrelevant it seems. My score went from 50 to 1,000 and I received LESS Robux.

Fifth, it says premium data is calculated daily CST time, but it seems to me that the graphs are calculating from March 10th to April 7th. Does this mean the graphs and data are behind 28 days?

Here are some graphs to represent my complete and utter confusion on this feature.

More information: Average playtime in March was 9 minutes. Average playtime the past few days of April has been 12-13 minutes.

Can someone please explain how any of this makes sense because I am completely confused on how any of the data and graphs shown on the Premium page make any sense whatsoever.

7 Likes

Fellow egg hunt dev over here. My graphs look basically the same, except my payout actually went down:

Clarification and more transparency on how this system works is essential.

6 Likes

I think the Robux are considered paid once theyā€™re in pending.

To do this I would have a separate script or function that is exactly the same as the premium one but determines whether the player gets the premium-only feature by username, not whether the player has premium or not.
e.g.

if player.Name == [tester username] then
    give premium-only features to player
end

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

I would like to add onto this by saying itā€™s best to check the UserId rather than username since usernames can change.

1 Like

yea i figured that out a day later haha

2 Likes

What category is your game , depends on that tooā€¦

Thats a good question actually!

2 Likes

So Premium Payouts is basically like the Tix feature? When a player joins your game you get a ticket, but now Itā€™s if a premium member plays your game a lot you get robux.

1 Like

how come it says ā€œPremium playtime Robux earned depends on your Premium playtime scoreā€
but the two donā€™t match in any way on the graph?

3 Likes

itā€™s how much premium players play your games other than other games and how much time they stay in your gameā€¦

2 players wonā€™t make a differenceā€¦

yea but I think the Premium playtime should match up with the Premium playtime Robux earned donā€™t you think

Got another example of the payout/score correlation makingā€¦ Absolutely no sense?

To be clear here, iā€™m not complaining - this has been a really nice boost in income & helps me feel more secure about Roblox being a viable side-career whilst iā€™m in education but the system does seem to behave quite strangely as illustrated by confused people above.

2 Likes

So whatā€™s the equation? How many premium members = 1 robux?

If id have to guess, id say they use something like this:

local premiumPayout = Math.random(premiumScore/2, premiumScore*2)

On a more serious note, it has something to do with how many other games said premium player has played. We can never get a definitive answer this way since it all depends on what games the player plays, But yes this is very confusing.

1 Like