Introducing Rights Manager

I’ve submitted many through YouTube. But it’s different than giving away photos of yourself and license.

1 Like

Can’t wait for these features to be added in the future! Would definitely like to see a system similar to YouTube.

Additionally, I have a few questions:

• Will there be any changes or improvements to the DMCA counter-notice process in case of false reports? The ID verification is a nice security blanket to deter some bad actors, but I feel like a better counter-notice system is still needed.

• Will there be any changes or improvements to the remediation process to appeal the 3 DMCA strikes prior to permanent account termination?

2 Likes

This is a great step forward, but I can already see this getting abused eventually just like on YouTube.

1 Like

When I don’t ID-verifry, will I get the Wrongs Manager?

What even is the point of this? Could anyone at Roblox explain why you refuse to initially provide essential information like this?

2 Likes

This was very long overdue! It’s a big step in the right direction. I do have to ask, where do Roblox created assets come into the picture?

After reading it over, it seems only rights holders can file a takedown request. So what about copies of roblox made items? Will owners of Roblox made items, such as coveted limiteds, be able to file takedown requests on copies of such items even though they aren’t the creator?

I love this and its def needed but I do have a few issues…

so underage devs IP rights don’t matter?

why even give us the rejection information atp

Now lets be real here… most parents won’t feel comfortable putting their id into a 3rd-party…

Also is there a system in place to prevent false claims? currently its way to easy to just lie to support and have the claim approved :skull:

4 Likes

In order to use this feature I’m required to verify my phone number - which then becomes a recovery option. This is an account security risk.

This is because of a relatively simple attack called “sim-swapping.” This attack makes it so that bad actors can take your phone number. Meaning, a phone number is NOT a secure recovery option.

I want to use this feature but do not want to open an attack vector to my account

4 Likes

There needs to be a way to verify a phone number without forcing it as a recovery option. Or don’t have phone verification at all.

5 Likes

what about Public copyright licenses like Creative Commons and Public domain this may impact scp games in some way.

This new tool doesn’t change how licensing works on Roblox. As long as creators are following proper licensing agreements there should be no difference.

I hope roblox soon with this implements ways to challenge takedown requests - especially with the recent rise of fraudulent claims.

3 Likes

Odd question, but what happens when someone steals an asset then spam reports the original and it gets deleted.

So you’re unable to file it under asset / asset protection and instead need to upload file(s) that the infringer probably has a copy of as they managed to reuploaded it.

It’s kinda finicky here, since most likely Roblox won’t acknowledge the deleted asset and bad actors can just spam report to save themselves from punishment since most likely Roblox won’t acknowledge deleted assets

Some clarification would help a lot for this

2 Likes

But for example I’m uploading a game today and a game that has been created 1year ago is like mine. Do you think I can strike him out ?

I hope this feature doesn’t get abused because it happened multiple times on other platforms (YouTube, etc.)

2 Likes

When this work like in mine message Roblox is broke

This is something that my studio faces and it’s so annoying :confused:

4 Likes

Best feature ever! We can take down leaked assets in no time

2 Likes

Would models that are made collaboratively with other people’s work (eg. one user creates the mesh, another specializes in constraints, one does the scripting) count as an intellectual property?

1 Like

This is what I am scared of. I hope Roblox has put in place some measures for bad actors.

6 Likes