Introducing Rights Manager

Can I use this for a function on somoene else’s script I’m made I don’t have access to the whole geme anymore cuz the guy for who I’m made it scammed me he not payd me so that function is from my

1 Like

Apparently this is a good idea in theory, as it might be more efficient to avoid sending messages to support all the time

I would say that people should form some sort of purchase contract with each other

1 Like

Can this tool also be utilized to remove items that infringe on Roblox’s IP?

We can’t report items we dont own or have the rights to. Only Roblox can remove items that infringe on Roblox’s IPs.

That’s what I suspected. Kind of a shame as it would be nice to have a more streamlined, effective way to report items that infringe on Roblox’s IP that isn’t DSA.

i have a bad feeling about this. i hope people will not take others experience just because a house in the game is similar to a house they made in their experience.

1 Like

it probably will no copyright system online is perfect.

Did anyone get this feature? :uhh:

I’m very interested in the experience if you’ve used.

Because this feature is quite really interesting for me, I want to try it out as soon as possible… (Haven’t got access yet)

And hopefully it will make our lives easier with filing a complaint of intellectual property infringement… :ohmy:

Thanks you, Roblox

I don’t think we should introduce a copyright IP system. Copyright itself has never really worked for individual artists but rather for large corporations that abuse this power. Copyright should be something we, as a society, should abolish if we value freedom in online spaces.

1 Like

“Hey guys, I don’t like how copyright works, so Roblox should just break the law and ignore it!”

Regardless of what you think of copyright, it is a LAW that everyone has to follow. Roblox has already been sued a few years ago by Universal Music Group for copyrighted audios, so there’s no way they’ll lax copyright protection anytime soon.

3 Likes

Interesting question. I buy assets for my games on a regular basis. The sites where I buy them from state “for in game use.” which means that I have the right to upload a purchased asset to Roblox for use in a game, but not let others use it. The whole audio privacy thing is great for this. But it needs to be extended to models and images.

2 Likes

This is awesome. My compliments to the Chef.

1 Like

All the more reason to be original.

1 Like

I was more so aiming about the potential abuse of it, not a rightful takedown. I’m worried that similarities could constitute as a rightful takedown and large games would monopolize on it.

1 Like

I registered yesterday and reported a few creations that stole from me. Now the rights manager is completely missing from my creator hub page and I have no idea why.

Original works have nothing to worry about and from what I’ve observed people do get away with quite a lot. If someone feels as if the content they produced is in the yellow or red zone when it comes to copying, it probably is IMHO. Keep things fresh and it’s a non-issue.

1 Like

@iGottic @FrancisHUnderwood @LowPolys

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. We can understand how our messaging may have been confusing. If you receive a DMCA takedown report that you believe was submitted in error, you can file a counter-notice. Instructions for filing a counter-notice are provided to the user when they are notified about the content removal. Learn more about the counter-notice process here.

3 Likes

@extrarius @sandwich_lel

If you believe there was a wrongful takedown on an asset you have a license for, you can submit a counter-notice. Successful counter-notices result in the removal of the related strike from your account. Learn more about the counter-notice process here.

So where did the rights manager go? It’s just gone. It was there the other day, I submitted a few reports, and now it’s not under my creator dashboard, and going directly to the page’s URL results in a missing page.