Introducing Studio Visualization Modes

Finally the settings are more accessible. Whoever made this happen, thank you so much.

8 Likes

Such a good update. The amount of times I’ve gone into the studio settings just to turn on CollisionFidelity and or NavMesh (or the other pathfinding ones) visualizations made me want something like this for a while now. Definitely a major UX improvement. Already have taken advantage of this!

6 Likes

Nice!
I have always had a problem with @macmaniac1234 adding in pointless GUIs that clutter my vision, usually for info and without toggles. This will help so much!

8 Likes

we will have him removed from earth immediately for this behavior.

6 Likes

The example shown here is Pirate Island (UPDATE) - Roblox but isn’t that special considering it’s just a bunch of sketchfab models :woman_shrugging:t5:

6 Likes

They murdered the search bar. :cry:
An whatever this is.

7 Likes

I have 14inch monitor and then this is my Studio:

Usually, when I saw stuff, I’m also expecting to scroll feature and Its missing.
And I found a solution :sweat_smile: thankfully I can close some and I got this:
Place1 - Roblox Studio 8_15_2024 12_23_51 PM

Hopefully we can scroll up and down this. Overall, I love this update!

4 Likes

I’m personally having two issues:

1. Clicking on the gear icon crashes Roblox Studio sometimes (especially when re-opening games.
  2. It also doesn’t work in some games at all:
    afbeelding

I wonder if others are experiencing the same thing

5 Likes

I get a two big FPS drops when I open the menu, and one when I close it, which feels bad.

And also, I find it really annoying how it sinks input in the viewport. I want to right click off of the menu and immediately start rotating the camera etc., but instead the input is sunk (consumed by the menu to close itself I guess) which I means I need to click a second time to start rotating the camera. I would also rather the menu stay open when I click off of it so I can quickly turn things on/off without having to reopen the menu every time after I do something else. I also want to move the camera around with WASD while the menu is open but that input gets sunk too.

8 Likes

Well well well, now that we’re gonna start using that top right area for buttons, why dont we add back these buttons :thinking: :thinking: :confounded:

13 Likes

Some useful things to add to the menu:

• wireframe view
  • attachment view
  • weld view
  • ‘show light guides’ (see studio settings)
  • editor quality level adjustment (automatic or number from 1 to 21)
  • Implement most of these ‘physics’ settings:
  • view ‘stats’:

In it’s current form you have to click outside the menu twice for the viewport to start registering. This feels unresponsive.

Not sure how far you can go in copying blender but their layout is perfect imo. So atleast some ‘inspiration’ would be good:

Notice the menu is split up in multiple buttons aligned horizontally at the top.

There doesn’t seem to be a scrollbar implemented. This should be added, and the menu should probably be restricted in size to the viewport height.

11 Likes

I would honestly love if you were my co-worker. No one is excited / hyped these days. Thank you for this. I needed it. Sick features. I look forward to using this.

10 Likes

Please add:
Locked View
Weld / Other constraint view
Invisible parts view

But yes this is all around a small but great update. I probably won’t need it too much but I can definitely see its usefulness.

7 Likes

This is beautiful, I hope the visualisation of navigationmesh can be improved, there’s a LOT of black spots where I have to get my camera JUST right to see the navmesh of a room.

4 Likes

I love how hyped you are!! :grinning:

It’s nice whenever you see people happy about their work. :smile:

3 Likes

Does it work for raycast/shapecast?

3 Likes

may be a DPI thing

but unsure, lemme know

3 Likes

I’ve enabled the feature again and FFlagDebugStudioShowBrokenVisualizationModes, because I was curious what this may be about.

That Fast Flag, had such an interesting term “broken” in it, I just had to take a look at it.

I think the true broken thing about it, is that it DOESN’T fit my screen.

2 Likes

Going to marry this update. I love it!

4 Likes

Is there a way to add my own visualization modes? I have a library called gizmo that makes it easy to add custom debug visualizations and there’s an attribute on workspace that allows you to toggle them. It would be nice if this could just be a part of the same pane.

8 Likes