Introducing Talent Hub Open Beta - New Platform to Find & Post Work!

The Talent Hub is still in beta, and Roblox is allowing only some creators to access it. To know if you are one of those lucky creators, go to https://talent.roblox.com. If you aren’t, check periodically the page as Roblox is regularly expanding invitations.

1 Like

Why should we have to do that just to upload an image lol. It should just be a button.

2 Likes

As I said before, you can use markdown to embed images on the Talent Hub.

The Account PIN is intended to be a parental control feature. There is 2FA for security reasons. However, I agree that Roblox wasn’t clear about its purpose and I think it will soon remove this limitation.

I have to disagree: DevForum’s recruitment/portfolio is just a normal topic on the DevForum like this, where everyone can write what they want, often being unclear and breaking the rules.

Also, DevForum’s recruitment/portfolio is so slow, while Talent Hub is much more faster: think about portfolios: it took me days and days to organize and write my portfolio here on the DevForum, while on the Talent Hub you just have to fill some fields and the result is way better. The same is for recruitment: here on the DevForum, a recruitment post usually takes days to be written and well-organized, while on the Talent Hub you can fully set up your offer with just a few clicks.

Last but not least, with the Talent Hub being clearer and having a pre-made format, it will be more difficult for scammers and ghosters to hide behind their bad-made posts.

Seems like this was implemented. :tada:!

After adding my portfolio, I feel like it would be way easier to work with something akin to what we have here on DevForum, with a text editor that shows all our different options - be it embedding images, marking down text, or making

Summary

these!

, I find it to be a much more intuitive & UX- and beginner-friendly approach. I still don’t know how to add images :’(

4 Likes

I’m incredibly excited about this! I’m sure it will be a great way to find developers! I have a question though, this isn’t my main account since my main is >13 because I set the account age as something stupid (:man_facepalming: ) but will accounts under 13 be able to use this new feature?

1 Like

Well the embed markdown was something I wasn’t aware of, thanks for that info! However, it’s quite complicated to make it decent due to the character limit of 300.

I somewhat agree with your points as well, but considering how hard it is in the first place for artists to get visibility, I don’t know how that will go in the future: for my case I’m afraid to see a great reduction of orders because of the lack of information I could’ve shown on the first page.

1 Like

Yeah I looked up and checked every info lol.

1 Like

It would be cool to be able to make a portfolio on there :thinking:

1 Like

Yea. I have to still rely on showcasing my work in a #bulletin-board post, as I can’t make a portfolio/showcase on the talent hub.

FYI, Roblox’s 2FA is notorious for being bad, and weak. You can easily bypass it if you get your victims cookie, and then you get complete access to their account. The “Parental Pin” prevents them from switching your email/password/phone/settings, so you can get your account back faster. Even though that might not have been the intended purpose, it’s what happened, and Roblox shouldn’t make people turn off a form of “security” to see non-verified posts, especially when account restrictions exist(To be fair, Roblox did say this was a temp solution, but it shouldn’t even be a temp solution).

1 Like

Oh and looks like you cannot view people with the warning icon, why ?

EDIT : Roblox has automatically added a filters on the search creator page to only see verified users (you can disable it)

I just got carried in by the most recent wave, and I must say I am super excited!

Suggestions:

Bugs:

11 Likes

So now that I have access to the Talent Hub, I can now give my thoughts on it.

Basically, I don’t really like that the fact that only Roblox Staff can verify people.

Anyone who’s not verified is completely hidden from the search results which basically makes impossible for any decent employer to find you.

There should be a better solution to verification, whetever that’s by account age or by the amount of time spent on DevForum.

I realize that the whole point of the verification system is to prevent the Talent Hub from becoming Collaboration V2, but a lot of non-verified users are actually professional with their clients and have a lot of experience with jobs like I do.

So we should be verified in some way, that way the Talent Hub can be more useful.

I get that the verification system will be changed eventually, but it’s still a good thing to point out.

7 Likes

While the Talent Hub looks promising, I’m disappointed by it’s current state.
By hiding unverified users, the platform effectively becomes useless. Overall, the platform feels rushed. I would’ve preferred that the team come up with an alternative for the pin restrictions. Most developers use pins to secure their accounts, and until an alternative solution is offered, developers will need to disable their account security to use the Talent Hub. A solution that could work is to have a separate parental controls setting for your account, which would not be tied to the account pin.

7 Likes

No problem! I like helping other developers! :slight_smile:
Yes, the 300 characters limit could be a problem also for me. :frowning:
And yes, I agree that for artists non-GFX getting attention and, so, commissions is quite hard: I can confirm that as I am a non-GFX artist and I have some problems with finding a job/commissions. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have another question: what’s the difference between “Part-time” and “Commission”?

I have suggestion: Translator must be added to Skills.
Translator is job so I think it must be added.

3 Likes

Hey! We’re continuing to add to the list of allowed domains as we see people use a diverse set of reasonable sites to showcase their work. Personal sites is an issue we’re still exploring, as I would like to enable the ability for users to link out to their sites as well.

We don’t directly remove content that’s not ok, even when we flag it - so that’s not a bug. You can just go ahead and edit the page, then save it to resolve the issue.

9 Likes

A part time job could be a complete game which you put 10 hours a week in it per exemple and a commission is just an asset. Idk if it’s clear.

2 Likes

Hey! It can take a little time to appear in search because it’s going through moderation - we are hopefully soon adding a little tag to content so that the poster can see when their content is awaiting moderation (and therefore temporarily hidden from search)

4 Likes

Hiya, it would be good if you could inform all developers about this as it is not clear that posts need to be verified before they are published. This is the first I have heard about them needing to be verified at all, is the system going to be automatic or manual? If Manual how long will it take approximately for a post to be approved? Thanks Devi

4 Likes