Introducing Talent Jam!

Excited for a new game-jam! This is a really exciting, and unique way to present the game-jam, hopefully some new developers will get a bigger chance to share the spotlight!

Of course, it makes everything so much less unique when random kids who have never developed, just wanting some robux participate.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

This is what you’ve all been waiting for… The official details on the new Developer Talent Jam!

This will be a solo create-athon where you can flex your skills as a creator in the Roblox ecosystem, whether you excel at building, scripting, UI design, or other skill sets! Each skill will also have a certain theme which gives context to what you are making. We want you to imagine what you would contribute to a larger experience, and showcase your creative abilities.

Ready to start? Check out our Notion page for more information!

We look forward to seeing what you can create.

Best of luck!
@Parranoul & @Blackbird12138

4 Likes

Reminder that you do NOT need a Guilded account to participate. Check the Notion document for details, just a Talent Hub and DevForum Account!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Don’t forget all submissions for the Talent Jam will be due tomorrow at 11:59PM PST. It’s not too late to participate!! You’ll come out with a cool reusable creation, a virtual participation item, and possibly some cool prizes for winning

3 Likes

Hello everyone! The Talent Jam challenge is ending in 10 hours! Can’t wait to see what you can create :star_struck:

Hello, the link of our work was requested in the application form. As this Roblox game? Or can I share the link of my website that I prepared for Talent Jam?
Also, thanks for the reminder. :slight_smile:

technically we’re mostly taking experience links and talent hub profiles. What skillset are you competing for in the talent jam again?

Thanks to the post you posted yesterday, I got to know about the contest. I participated in the Building category within 24 hours. However, my screenshots were a bit too much. So I can’t upload all of them to Talent Hub. I don’t want to publish it on Roblox because the game is not completely finished.

Is this still acceptable? / is my participation considered valid?

If I want to submit an animation to the Talent Jam, does it have to be in a Youtube Format?

Sorry for the late response!! You can have it within your experience! You can also tag your talent hub submission to one of the links listed here! [Talent Hub] (Talent Hub) So a twitter video, Gyazo, or what else works! Don’t think YouTube is part of this

It’s fine if its not completely finished, we’d still like to see you submit your experience link! Also no pressure on making your talent hub submission perfect! I’m sure it’ll look great and you can always improve on it

1 Like

Talent Jam is ending in like 3 hours, good luck devs

Man, it feels good to say that, idk why

1 Like

Hello developers,

As we continue to evaluate Talent Jam submissions, we would love to hear from you about your experience participating in the event, as well as any feedback you may have for us! Please fill out our satisfaction survey to help us improve in the future.

As we mentioned earlier, Talent Jam is an individual contest. However, you will have a higher chance of success when you collaborate with others. We hope the Talent Jam helped you build your skillset, kickstart your developer journey, and made you more confident with your work.

We wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing what you create in the future!

Cheers,

5 Likes

Hello developers,

As the winners’ announcement is approaching and we have recently restricted access to our Notion page due to security reasons, we would like remind everyone of the PRIZES we offer for Talent Jam!

• All valid participants will receive an exclusive virtual item from the DevRel prize series! More info here. (Please note: we will only be using the Participation series and NOT the Winners series for Talent Jam)
  • Every developer skill category will have their own pool of these prizes that includes:
    • :1st_place_medal: 1st Place: $150 Roblox Gift Card
    • :2nd_place_medal: 2nd Place: $120 Roblox Gift Card
    • :3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place: $100 Roblox Gift Card
    • Finalists (4th to 10th place from each category): $50 Roblox Gift Card

See you tomorrow!

6 Likes

[WINNERS’ ANNOUNCEMENT!!]

Hello developers,

We want to thank you again for your participation in the Talent Jam! Now, this is the time you’ve all been waiting for - our winners’ announcement! As you know, we have selected top 10 developers for each skill category. For the sake of this post, we will only be announcing the 1st place from each category. For the rest of the winners as well as everyone else who submitted a valid entry, be sure to look out for a private message on DevForum from @Parranoul or @Blackbird12138 in the next hour or so!

Finally, introducing our gold medalists:

:building_construction: Building: mutrix
:art: UI Design: JustinPower_10
:technologist: Scripting: Mr_Griffo
:dress: Clothing: lau2971
:movie_camera: Animation: VolcanicsDev
:paintbrush: Graphic Design: f1zxyy

Additionally, we are happy to announce the 10 Best Beginner and All-Star Talent Hub profiles!

Best Beginners:

All-Stars:

For all the Talent Jam & Talent Hub profile winners, Roblox Gift Cards will be sent out next week, and to all valid participants, your participation prizes will be sent out over the course of the next few weeks!

Congratulations everyone, and thank you so much for making the Talent Jam so successful! At the same time, feel free to share your creations on Guilded so that everyone can talk about them and give feedback.

We look forward to seeing you in the next jam!

Regards,

FAQs

• How do I know if my submission is valid?

If you receive a private message from us on DevForum, your submission is considered valid.

• What if I win the Talent Jam but not as the 1st place?

The 2nd to 10th place winners of the different Talent Jam categories will receive the message confirming their placements, so please check your DevForum inbox!

• What if I win the Talent Jam and the Talent Hub profile?

Creators who have won both will receive two separate private messages on DevForum.

Note: You can officially continue to develop and update your Talent Jam submission & Talent Hub profile if you wish.

16 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.