Introducing Talent Jam!

Hello @Game-Jammers,

We are very excited to announce two game jams for July! First being the Talent Jam on July 8, followed by the Connect Challenge on July 22! We will have more information to share about the Connect Challenge very soon, but for now let’s dig deep into the Talent Jam.

The Talent Jam is a brand new initiative I am planning and hosting alongside @Blackbird12138!

This will be for any developer who is looking to meet other like-minded devs, start acquiring commission work, get hired by a studio, or start their own studio on Roblox someday! We will embark on this journey through tackling subjects of up-skilling, personal branding, and understanding what opportunities are available for you and how you can try to achieve them.

Timeline

The Talent Jam will be broken down into two components. The first being an educational/social component that will kick off with the launch of our educational resources, Talent Hub onboarding, and an event onboarding within the Roblox Global Developers Guilded server. This will then be followed by an interactive component in the form of a Talent Jam Create-athon which will happen on July 8th! More information to follow in the coming days.

This is an estimated timeline for how this event will be run, with more official details coming in on these key dates.

Heads up

Guilded and Talent Hub will be the tools used during the event.

Guilded: This platform is for our community members to engage and network with each other in our dedicated #Talent-Jam channels! It can serve as a good place to receive feedback on your TalentHub profiles, Talent Jam creations, and generally meet others from the community!

You can join our Guilded channel here! Once you have joined, look for the Talent Jam section located on the left sidebar, or click here.

Talent Hub: This event is about personal branding and building reputation. Talent Hub is the future for building your professional brand on Roblox, finding teammates to collaborate with, getting hired for work, and hiring talent!

Be sure to keep an eye on this page as we will be updating this DevForum post with more information, and launching our dedicated landing page.

See you soon!

[Update] July 5, 2022

[Update] July 8, 2022

[Update] July 20, 2022

95 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 11 minutes.

This looks very interesting, and will help many developers. Sadly, I don’t have guilded.

Edit: A lot of people are saying it’s easy to get guilded. But I am not allowed to have, not even discord :sob:

20 Likes

Seems interesting, possibly a way for small developers to gain some popularity and flourish themselves. Hopefully Roblox doesn’t do a funny and ruin it for everyone (looking at you Rthro). It has a lot of potential.

4 Likes

Wowwwww July is gonna be a super packed month! Can’t wait for Talent Jam & the Connect Challenge! :partying_face:

17 Likes

Wohoo! I’m totally going to participate in this!

Also wouldn’t be easier to do it on Discord, since lot’s of people preffer Discord?

10 Likes

Can’t wait to participate in this, pumped.

6 Likes

Such a fun way for the Community to interact and knowledge share!! Super excited for this :happy3:

7 Likes

Also for those who haven’t made a Guilded account: We use it for official Roblox events - If not for Roblox, make an account for us :smiling_face_with_tear: :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Going to participate in it!
I am very excited!

4 Likes

Exciting! Might participate! :pray:

4 Likes

Finally! An event that’s catered towards freelancers! It’s nice to see Roblox focusing on us some more.

5 Likes

Wow, what a thrill to participate and it’s such a fun way for the community to interact and get to know your knowledge :happy3: :wink: :roblox:

4 Likes

It’s cool that you’re expanding the concept of game jams, Talent Jam and Connect Challenge sound really cool :grin:

4 Likes

Welcome back the legendary acreol :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@Blackbird12138 is prob my fav moderator now no offence other cool mods

5 Likes

Hmm, Talent Jam

Its all about education, but its fun yet
Since its on guilded, I can try and participate :happy2:

Thanks for hosting @Parranoul and @Blackbird12138

Overall the event seems cool and interesting and cool and interesting

5 Likes

What are the prizes? :smirk:
Another avatar cosmetic?

5 Likes

For how much Roblox bought Guilded, yea Discord servers are a thing of the past for Roblox Events lol.

3 Likes

Is very helpful for all developer :+1:

3 Likes