Introducing the "Avatar Evolution" Studio Beta Build!

I cant wait to make my own textures and I no longer have to use unions and parts! when will it come out

1 Like

Hello, i just got an issue, the file is not compatible with 32 bits devices. And my laptop is 32 bits, i hope this gets solved :+1:

Will we be able to deform parts and not only meshes? If so, there are even more possibilities! I’m imagining some cool vertex deformation terrain. I hope vertex deformation gets implemented with this! Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Parts are just cube meshes. Also AFAIK the object in question would require a bone structure and vertex groups to deform. If you want to just make terrain out of meshes. Use Blender, or any other mesh software.

4 Likes

This sounds great, I’ll definitely be using this for animating!

3 Likes

Same! Also creating much more interesting models and in depth models for my games.

2 Likes

I’ve spotted SurfaceAppearance in release Roblox the other day, and although it’s only parentable to MeshParts and seemlingly does nothing, I’ve noticed that this is new…image

4 Likes

where you get that from or it from officially roblox or it in beta only?

1 Like

Insert a MeshPart in release Roblox studio and click on the + that opens another type of insert menu, search for “SurfaceAppearance”

1 Like

uh it not there ;-; I thought it in officially release…

1 Like

odd, i’m running roblox straight from the start menu

3 Likes

also I check but there dont have AlphaMode in SurfaceAppearance…

1 Like

What? I said nothing about an AlphaMode in the beta build. I’m saying that i found a non-functioning surfaceappearance in release roblox with this new option.

3 Likes

OH! I see now… thank you for replied also sorry if you are doing in middle of something…

1 Like
  1. Is the New Character Controller package stable enough for us to start exploring customizing components and making our own? Or will the package be seeing substantial changes in the future?

2. The Bone documentation (Bone) mentions that “Physical Constraints directly attached to Bones will use the transformed positions for simulation.” Can I get some more detail on how I can set this up? Also, what does the new AnimationConstraint do?

4 Likes

Related to the interaction between Physical Constraints and Bones, I have created the following issue report:

https://github.com/Roblox/avatar-evolution/issues/38

2 Likes

My desktop seriously crashed 3 times when I accidentally extracted it on my desktop

1 Like

I can’t Open it even i extract it already
is it for 64-bit?

1 Like

Yes the executable is 64 bit, if your system is 32 bit then your out of luck.

1 Like

when is everything going to actually go live and whatever and when is phase 3 coming?

1 Like