Introducing the "Avatar Evolution" Studio Beta Build!

Is there an ETA for the custom pbr textures? I can’t wait!

1 Like

I have created another issue on the GitHub, linked below in case anybody wants to take a look. Perhaps I’ve made a simple mistake the community could correct me on?

https://github.com/Roblox/avatar-evolution/issues/39

1 Like

The point is to UV unwrap your mesh and texture it yourself.

1 Like

What? It’s a brick? I’m just saying I wish it tiled and you could select a face, like a certain Texture object…

That isn’t what the SurfaceAppearance is for. I’ve seen talk of a separate object coming in the future which would fill that role.

2 Likes

Yes exactly, the point of surface appearance is to wrap around the mesh the same way Texture ID did, but make way for PBR materials and such.

Granted, tiling textures and decals are very important for environment design so I hope that those are introduced.

1 Like

Yea; can we fix this, or is it just an instance test?

1 Like

Yes That is really cool looking I want to try it

almost 4 month aready, and whe got no new info on this avatar evo.
whe need to how how is going on and the status.

1 Like

What’s the status on this considering the Coronavirus and all that?

They didn’t put a release date on any of this, so not sure why it would affect anything? It’ll ship when it’s ready either way. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

I think typically you should expect delays with new features like this regardless of anything happening in the world – it’s really hard to estimate timelines in engineering.

6 Likes

It looks so good

18 Likes

The avatar evolution looks so Good.

I opened an issue on github: https://github.com/Roblox/avatar-evolution/issues/45

I need to ask, would the upcoming mesh deformation support features such as Shape Keys and Bone Drivers to correct broken deformation?

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, the only things that cross over when importing are the locations of bones and the vertex deformation weights.

None of the rigging/animation QOL features in a program like Blender have equivalents in Roblox right now. Roblox’ default rig convention doesn’t even match the industry standard where bones exist in a parent-child heirarchy. You have to set it up manually if that’s what you want.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer, would be amazing if they plan on supporting those things so that one can have the high quality deformation seen in modern games.

5 Likes

When will there be an official release for the real Studio? I’m so excited for realistic games in Roblox!

1 Like