Roblox is launching an exciting new partnership program - the Game Fund! We are looking for developers who love to experiment with new technology and want the opportunity to bring their creative vision to life on Roblox.
Starting in July, we will begin accepting applications for the program. Our goal is to partner closely with you to provide funding and support for your content development. Funding for approved participants will start at a minimum of $500,000 per project.
With the launch of the Game Fund, we want new and existing developers to have the resources necessary to build the next generation of Roblox experiences. This program is designed to support developers who are eager to push the boundaries of what Roblox experiences can deliver. Come ready to show off innovative gameplay, ambitious visual designs, and creative ideas that are unlike anything else on the platform!
We will prioritize ideas that encompass:
- Multiplayer focus
- Cross-platform, with mobile optimization in mind
- Social mechanics as key to the experience
- In-game avatars that reflect elements of the user’s platform avatar identity
- Ability to leverage ‘Metaverse’ items (i.e., that can be equipped on platform avatars, like the ones you buy in marketplace)
If you are accepted into the program, we will partner with you to define key deliverables for your project and provide funding based off of your progress towards these milestones.
More details on this will be shared with you as you progress through the application process.
- Age requirement 18+
- Details about you and/or your team
- Short description of your project
- Pitch deck (high-level strategy, design specifications, etc.)
- Project milestone schedule and budget
Spots are limited: If you feel like you and your project are a perfect fit for this program, please use the link above to submit your application.
Applicants will be selected on a rolling basis throughout the second half of 2021. If you’re interested but not quite ready to apply, follow this thread for updates, as we will be reviewing applications periodically throughout the year.
We can’t wait to start this journey with you; let’s build something incredible together!
How do I apply for the program?
- Follow the application link here to submit your project and start the process.
Do I have to be a studio to qualify?
- We are accepting applications from solo devs, small teams, and studios. All applicants must be 18 or older.
Do I need to have an existing experience on Roblox before applying?
- No, any developer is welcome to apply. This includes existing or new Roblox developers, and indie developers/studios who have not yet begun their journey on the platform.
Can I apply with an existing experience?
- We are looking for any project that will represent the next-generation of Roblox experiences. The ideal project will showcase innovative gameplay designs and ideas that are unlike anything else currently on the platform.
What criteria will Roblox use to determine funding?
- Applications will go through an internal review process. We are looking for projects with innovative gameplay, ambitious visual designs, and creative ideas that are unlike anything else on the platform.
How will I know if my application is accepted?
- We will be reviewing and selecting applications on an on-going basis. Our team will email you as you progress through the application process if you have been accepted.
If I am not accepted into the program do I need to reapply?
- We will be reviewing applications and accepting applicants on a rolling basis throughout the year. You will not need to reapply.
What additional support is provided to participants in the program?
- Developers and studios participating in the program will get the same support as any top Roblox developer.
If the studio is owned by someone over 18, is it still possible for any of the studio team members to be under 18?
- Everyone applying to the program needs to be at least 18 years old. If accepted into the program, the developer can have individuals under 18 be part of the development team so long as the developer complies with all applicable laws in engaging minors to work on the project (this will be covered in more detail in the agreement that participants will sign if accepted into the program).
P.S. And please give a warm welcome to @mkivtt who will be heading up the Game Fund program!