Introducing the Game Fund

unbelievable, this is amazing for those who really need it

4 Likes

I believe the accelerator program is more engaging, involving talk sessions and other things rather than just being outright funding

3 Likes

Such an amazing idea! Good luck to those applying! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s insane tho I wish they could at least give Robux as funding for 16-18 years old people.

3 Likes

500k dollars per project??? with that type of money i can only imagine what would happen

4 Likes

Seeing this is extremely exciting! Proves people’s points wrong that Roblox does not support newer developers.

4 Likes

Yeah, but if that is the case then this would essentially render it useless.
Given that they will still be sitting with you and giving you accompany throughout the program from start to finish, if there is even a finish.

The Goals are somewhat different, I agree, but Game Fund is a much more worth it deal than Accelerator because it also seems more serious about creating a game, and the experience you gain here is much better than the one you would as an Accelerator, in-fact the payment would probably be lower as an Accelerator than this.

And if they are taking this much more seriously, then the selection of the Developers would be much more biased and the chances of someone who is unknown yet have the skill to be selected are much lower than it already is for an Accelerator. It just falls down to preference and is very subjective.

3 Likes

This is AMAZING, my best wishes to everyone who applies :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Wow! Nice opportunity for all the Robloxian Imaginators :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Now, hold your horses right there! 500,000?!

8 Likes

This seems like an awesome opportunity! Great to see Roblox doing things like this; good luck to anyone who applies and I can’t wait to see the results of these projects!

4 Likes

This is amazing, excited to see the games that come out of this! Thanks ROBLOX!

3 Likes

This is a lot of money! I wonder what’s going to be made with all of this money.

Hopefully it doesn’t go to the wrong people.

8 Likes

Is this program a one-off thing? Or will it be happening in future years as well?

I might be interested in applying in the future after I have more experience under my belt.

7 Likes

The accelerator was made for giving expierience to developers and this is made for giving funding.

Does this confirm that Roblox treats different ‘tiers’ of developers differently?

4 Likes

Minimum??? Roblox, this is cool

2 Likes

This is a great step on the way to improving the platform.
But I believe the way roblox prioritizes this isn’t the best idea.

5 Likes

The only games i think will get accepted and be able to make something like this are probably Brookhaven and Adopt Me lol.

6 Likes

I have a lot of hope that this program will finally give developers more of a reason to create better and more ambitious projects, especially if they’re aimed at an older audience.

Currently, there’s not much of an incentive for developers to create a huge project (such as Adopt Me) due to several factors, so many will instead create games like “SHOVEL POOP SIMULATOR” which can be pumped out consistently for these developers to make much more revenue than they ever would with an actual game, not to mention these games may hurt the image of Roblox to be able to attract an older audience where it’s already seen as a game for young kids. Especially with Roblox wanting to reach an older audience for long-term gain, I don’t think this would likely happen for the foreseeable future unless if Roblox is able to help give developers an incentive (such as the Game Fund) to make games that push the limits of Roblox.

While this may harm smaller indie developers like me due to more competition, I think in the end this is the step in the right direction and I’m excited to see where this goes! :tada:

9 Likes

Can’t wait to see the games that come from this 500,000 minimum funding from roblox itself.

2 Likes