Introducing the Game Fund

I don’t know when this application will have a result. How long should I wait? If I start on a project then get accepted, do I need to shut it down or will Game Fund wait?

1 Like

Great to see Roblox is offering this! :orange_heart:

Are you still accepting applications for this?

Thanks

2 Likes

Yes we are still accepting applications. Thanks!

3 Likes

That is cool

but on the other hand

I cant even managed 100 dollars but this… sorry for those developers who dont have money managemenr skills.

Question

1. Did you think that scammers could just easily apply and came up with a fake project idea to just easily grab the $500,000.
  2. Is there any contract or terms involved.
  3. What if I use that money to start a company, what will you do.

PS. Im just 14 years old so dont mix me up. I am just asking questions, so i could get ready for the real world.

1 Like

They require KPIs for money to be given + they have contracts and the like I’d assume

Do you have a deadline for applications set in stone at the moment? I’ve been prepping mine; I wouldn’t want to miss it but I also don’t want to rush it. Is it just by the end of the year?

2 Likes

Hi @Lockefair yes ideally we would like to receive the applications before end of year. Thanks!

5 Likes

Will we be told if our game isn’t accepted?

3 Likes

Hey @mkivtt,

Would it be fine to submit the application early next month? My team would still like to apply and we’ve been putting a lot of thought into the game design. The last couple weeks of this month are holiday season, so it would be easier to get the application submitted sometime early next month.

Is that fine?

Yes it is ok if you submit in early January. We are continuing to keep Game Fund applications open.

2 Likes

Hey, do you know generally how long this program will be running? Are there any plans for continuing this next year? I know its probably too early to say anything for sure but is there a general idea of where this is going or if this was more of a one year trial kinda thing?

Edit: I’ll give some context. Me and a buddy have plans of prototyping an idea for this, but we don’t want to spend the next couple months prototyping things and planning and getting everything organized if in like February or March or whenever it’s announced that this program is no longer running

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have changed my mind about applying last year. I first want to obtain an additional 300k USD to use as extra funding for this project. After that, I’ll probably submit an application around January 2023, depending on the circumstances of requirements from Roblox by then.

I’m confident in that this game fund will still be running by that time.

1 Like

Questions I have to ask roblox staff who made this:

Why put in 500,000$?
You could put in atleast 100,000 max, but 500,000$?? That’s a lot.

What benefit would game fund give you?

1 Like

Just got around to finishing my application last night. The form was still open, but will late entries such as mine still be looked at?

1 Like

Yes we’ll look at your entry. Thanks!

2 Likes

@mkivtt The submission form asks for a “concept/design document” to be included in the pitch deck. Does this mean we should provide a detailed game design document along with the pitch deck slides or does it just mean to describe the game concept in the pitch deck slides?

1 Like

Hi @Spynaz, either is ok. You may include a detailed gdd if you have it, or just describe the game concept in the pitch deck slides. The application form will only let you attach a single file, so be sure to zip first if you have multiple files.

3 Likes

Sure feel free to submit when you are ready. The program is currently still open. Thanks.

2 Likes

Do you receive a confirmation email upon submission? I submitted months ago but didn’t get any confirmation it had gone through, I’m wondering if it did (I realise of course it could have just been silently rejected)

4 Likes