Introducing the Learn & Explore sort

The new sort is going to be an amazing idea to learn everyone around the Game pages, to understand how education works and how they can learn on Roblox! I’m so excited to see the update, and I hope these will be useful and fun for everyone.

Thank you so much for the update! I’m really interested to see more updates coming on Roblox. :happy3: :roblox_light:

5 Likes

This is actually incredibly useful. I like this direction.

5 Likes

I don’t see this going anywhere, most game developers are in their 20s and younger. Not sure what they can offer education-wise, and I don’t think there’s an audience that comes to Roblox looking to learn anyway. What we really need is a sort that adapts to the genres that you play most and shows games accordingly. The games page is already cluttered with junk I don’t enjoy and this will just add to that.

9 Likes

This is a nice and helpful update. It will help a lot of people, plus lots of people will find use out of it.

3 Likes

I sure will suggest your Lua Learning game, as this site really was helpful and it helped me to understand some things. I am happy that Roblox has add this feature, as it really will help unpopular educative game to reach the sunlight! The only good place i know is Lua Learning, so i am curious to see the others types of games for learning Lua. I now know the most things on Lua, but new scripters not, so i really want to see the others… Thanks Roblox!

5 Likes

Full disclosure, I have submitted to this game sort as I believe Roblox Titanic is highly educational.

Overall, it’s not clear if adding more sorts that players may or may not be clicking on will effectively get interested players to the huge diversity of games waiting for them.

There is a deeper problem about the concept of a “one size fits all” games-page.

I think the best future would be if there were personalized recommended sort algorithms based on tags both the developers and players attribute to games.
I think developers need to leave the paradigm that a game has to be front page in order to have the chance to show off to all your niche audience.

15 Likes

This is a really great update for people who like to learn new stuff. Developers will also greatly benefit from this. Good job Roblox

2 Likes

This was an amazing feature. With school out, more people can learn. It also gives a chance for games such as Lua Learning a chance to grow.

3 Likes

This update is really useful for educators, especially during this time! Really excited and interested to see this feature on the games page!

2 Likes

US isn’t even close to the only country with schools being closed?

3 Likes

Well I would assume that Bloxxer is just talking about how this may be helping people around him. That and the fact that roblox’s HQ is in the United States so some might argue that Roblox would be more focused on the US rather than other places (not that they aren’t focusing on other places)

Anyways, this is a really great thing Roblox is doing, especially since a lot of schools are most likely going to be closed through the rest of the Academic year.

3 Likes

I like this update!! But I’m a bit concerned on how it will make us learn and explore?

So if this were to make it on the Learn and Explore feature, this will teach people how to rob things in real life? How will moderation come with this too?

8 Likes

not every thing is going to make it to the page plus there is a 0% chance jailbreak is going to make it on the section.

3 Likes

I’m not saying everything will go onto the page, but I’m saying how will moderation come into this and how will Roblox determine what is educational or not, or is this a genre you can put on your games?

1 Like

I believe they test the games in a way to see if there is any educational value

2 Likes

I thought this was about fixing game discoverability on Roblox. I am slightly disappointed.

This sort is pretty cool tho

3 Likes

Wow, super excited to see how this works out! Great to see Roblox adding more features to expand its education efforts (fun fact: there are some additional tutorials there that aren’t on the DevHub).

Quick question though: Will the applications close/have a deadline any time in the near future, or will they be left open for a while?

4 Likes

oh wow, this is really incredible this will help a lot the education of the boys and girls on the platform or in their schools developing their potential!

Roblox is getting better and better it’s really cool to see how it evolves. :sonriendo:

1 Like

I disagree with the first part. The Roblox platform has games such as Maths Scoops (which I saw on Twitter a while ago and now appears to be discontinued) which targets the younger end of Roblox’s primary demographic (being children, of course). I think that the games that are currently selected that could pose an issue.

You see, most of the games lean towards the second category of “Learn and Explore”, “Explore(ation)”, such as SCR, Pilot Training, Mt Everest and the various showcases on offer. imo, the first 2 games I mentioned aren’t very “explorational” per say and are extremely arcade-y so anything they learn from simulating machines isn’t going to be very much The educational games that are actually on offer focus primarily on logic with board games and smatterings of English, P.E (gymnastics!), science, music and programming. The lack of maths and art is apparent (and I hope that more games will be added eventually) but then again, Roblox isn’t exactly an education provider, is it.

In response to the second part, I haven’t really run into this problem because of how I find the games I want to play. I type some key words into the search bar and I’ll find a game that I’ll like. I’ll make friends and then I run into more games I like since they’re more likely to play similar games. Of course, this isn’t true for everyone and I want to see Recommended and similar sorts improved, but then again, more often than not, it isn’t a hinderance because of Roblox’s nature as a social gaming platform.

5 Likes

Well, this seems like an really good feature. Can lag testing games be educational? In my opinion, players can see how lag effects their devices and they can at least learn something from it…

2 Likes