Introducing the new Creator Store!

Honestly, I don’t trust the moderation and then the appealing process of the moderation is horrible, so if you want to improve something, there it is. The problem doesn’t lie in the user interface design, the problem lies within the actual moderation.

I’m sure out of the >90% “spam” you deleted some new ones and ones that aren’t spam. I’m sure that the people that appealed these bans, were furious that their assets got taken down. I can go on for days on how moderation and moderation appeals suck on this platform, and there’s been very very very many of these already put up as feature requests.

It’s a good step in the right direction, though the step is a bit out of the way and we need y’all to step in the right direction, and walk straight. Honestly, it’s a fantastic improvement from what it was before, but there are still some things that need to be worked out.

I’m more happy to sit down with a person and talk about all of the things wrong with moderation and moderation appeals if need be.

21 Likes

Fair, but should there also be a Robux option? For more Younger devs?

19 Likes

Source: it was revealed to David Baszucki in a dream

35 Likes

Why are you calling it the Creator Store now? What was wrong with Marketplace? The old name felt much more community-aligned; a marketplace is where many people come together to buy goods from various vendors. A store is a single location where people come to buy goods from a single entity. It doesn’t make sense, and it doesn’t feel nice.

Also the word store is jarring to me as a programmer because it collides with terms like memorystore, datastore, secret store, and other similar tech.

39 Likes

Or simply anyone wishing to be more on the safe side since that one DevEx provider ended up getting databreached.

9 Likes

Absolutely. It should be possible to convert Robux into dollar credit at DevEx rates just like with ads. But instead of another abstract currency, 1 credit should be equal to $1.

16 Likes

Legitimately, why can’t we have the option to use Robux? Forcing USD only makes things less accessible. Classic Roblox move, “fixing” something that wasn’t broken.

25 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, i got warned 3 times trying to upload assets for my own personal use and the assets where not inappropriate

12 Likes

Can there be a better way to verify accounts? Im not adding my ID or phone number to my Roblox account. Any developers who use DevEx should automatically be verified

18 Likes

Wdym? Like the USD option for the update entirely?

6 Likes

Can’t really easily fake an ID or Phone Number

9 Likes

Personally, I really love the idea of being able to sell your models to other users. and have wanted something like this implemented for years.
But I don’t exactly see why it has to be USD only;
as it limits Who can purchase the models to a Mostly older audience.
I’m not sure about some of you guys, But
I find it more convenient to just buy Plugins/UGC/anything on the platform with Robux as you don’t even need to think about it. I will go and risk 400 robux on a model on a whim But I wouldn’t do that for an item that’s 5 USD.

8 Likes

Happy with the USD pricing change, creators deserve to be paid more than peanuts for their work. Something like the convenient conversion in the Ad portal however would be an appreciated parallel so creators can use their platform earnings directly to fund development without having to go through devex manually first, or use money out of their own pocket.

19 Likes

Well, To be fair. I have noticed a DRAMATIC improvement in the toolbox.
Used to be that you would search for something specific and you would see the same model copied and pasted for the first few pages.
and now I mostly see unique items.

10 Likes

Agree! The marketplace is way more policed and has less viruses than in… 2018

9 Likes

This opens up a lot of doors! I could license music through the creator marketplace.

9 Likes

I urge you to provide us as many specific details on what this can look like as soon as possible

I would love to start creating assets for the creator store ahead of the release, the sooner the better! however there are simply too many unknowns as of right now to actually go ahead and start production

core questions I immediately have:

-Will we be able to provide source files (blend/substance files for example)
-Will the models have to be freshly uploaded, or will the ability to enable USD sales retroactively apply to all existing models
-Are there any special content guidelines to be mindful of
-Are there different types of usages for the models we sell

I’m assuming for the most part, it’ll function identical how the library has historically operated, but without being told this directly I am concerned to start production.

This is coming from a UGC creator with over 5 thousand accessory uploads and I believe many of my marketplace workflows will seamlessly translate to the creator store as soon as I know the limitations we’re working with, and I’m expecting to have potentially hundreds of assets day available day 1 if we get meaningful details in a timely manner

P.S not a fan of the phone requirement

9 Likes

This doesn’t sound like a really good update. Everything is working fine as it should, so why change it?

and what would happen to Robux? Are they just useless against these type of purchases? Do I have to pay for 2 seperate Currencies for different assets?

7 Likes

I like a way for model creators to make money, so, I think everything (besides the USD requirment) is fine

4 Likes

i really dont like this. like at all.

I already cannot DevEx because I’m under sanctions, and seeing this makes it further worse for me because then I won’t be able to purchase plugins AT ALL.
Unless there will be a proposal to this to continue purchasing using Robux, I am strongly against this change.
It gets even worse if you’re a beginner developer. You’d have to accumulate 30K Robux to DevEx so you can even buy something in the first place (which is not fun! D: )

also it really sounds like we will be phasing out robux.

TL;DR: The move they attempt doing is very controversial and is gatekeeping developers who don’t have a debit/credit card AND money to start with, unless a proposal is done to continue supporting robux as an option (e.g. this)

15 Likes