Introducing the new Creator Store!

this makes me so mad as a small developer with no budget, i dont want to hook up a debit/credit card to roblox vs just saving money from sales

4 Likes

uhh??

Being able to purchase plugins with R$ is great. As a developer, I have robux on my account. Itā€™s easy to browse and make purchases this way. I am not looking forward to the additional friction of making USD payments.

6 Likes

Ok so Im a bit indifferent to this, Will there be limits on how much you can upload, also this USD sales, Roblox being a global thing in my opinion sticking the general Roblox currency Robux is much better. Not to mention the fact that things can be used to scam i think

2 Likes

To deal with usersā€™ concerns, maybe Roblox could allow sellers to sell their assets with both robux and USD (if they choose), but their itemā€™s price is automatically converted from USD to robux so that theyā€™d receive equivalent robux according to the current devex rate, with extra to offset the fees that Roblox takes. I.e. the user pays (significantly) more, but theyā€™re paying for the convenience of using robux, and the creator still earns the price theyā€™ve set. I imagine calculating this offset is complex though, and this adds a layer of complexity to the store.

9 Likes

That would also imply that robux is worth more than the USD at that point. Roblox should just not take a percentage off of the robux sales.

4 Likes

Someone finally gets it!

I do not want to funnel more money just to buy plugins if I can help it. I donā€™t mind paying a higher price with the Robux I currently have.

8 Likes

I understand your frustrations with how some developers are going to be left out, but this is going to last short term for those developers who donā€™t have the resources to engage. Again, youā€™re also not realizing that Robux vs USD is awful on the market, and everything will suffer in price due to it. USD and Robux cannot coexist as a means of selling or buying as the Roblox communityā€™s perceived value of Robux will stifle USDā€™s relevancy. Thus allowing mass amounts of artists to undervalue their creations to keep up with people lowering and lowering prices ā€“ which if youā€™re new here on Roblox, youā€™d understand how badly UGC is suffering from this.

2 Likes

Not sure I understand, this shows the opposite actually - that robux is worth much less, and so you need more of it.

2 Likes

cool update but removing robux purchases is abhorrent.

7 Likes

the only thing roblox saves is the hash of the ID, aka a mathematical representation of the ID.

2 Likes

okay, but this hash can still be used to lookup the ID from the databaseā€¦ otherwise they wouldnā€™t save even that.

1 Like

I know thats how the world works, but I cannot afford to pay the money I have to buy food and pay bills on plugins and models, my reply clearly states that, if I wanted to buy a plugin, I would probably buy it using the (small) amounts of money I have earnt on the platform that comes in the form of Robux. I would not be able to do this when Robux payments are disabled.

This update also proves that Roblox is ignorant towards the developers who are not able to earn real money through DevEx because they are under 13 and the developers who cannot afford to buy Robux and rely on Robux donations and sales to fund the creation of their games.

If you want to make more than pennies selling a plugin sell it at a price above 100 Robux, its as simple as that.

8 Likes

What about inappropriate assets that didnā€™t get moderated in the Toolbox, but actually cause the gameā€™s owner to be moderated when inserted?

IMO, Toolbox and automated place scanning should use the same criteria in order to avoid this type of situations.

1 Like

Roblox does not store the raw ID information and cannot access it. The Roblox systems only receive the hash value which does not contain any PII.

Please review ā€œQ: Is it safe to verify my age this way?ā€ and other answers under https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407276151188 and I recommend taking this topic to a separate thread if you want to continue the discussion, since it is somewhat off-topic here!

5 Likes

Can you please make it that the Creator store has both Robux & USD options? Making it USD-only will only make the lives of starting Devs without DevEx much harder, this only will benefit successful creators on Roblox and will only discourage new developers from continuing.

6 Likes

Hello!
I have a plugin that is easily worth $50 that I would like to sell on the creator marketplace.

Are there any anti piracy measures in place, or are there any plans for them?

3 Likes

Even so, it ruined the experience with the Creator Marketplace; even the smallest mistake causes your item to completely disappear from the catalog, and because of this you have to literally guess what needs to be done to get it to pass moderation.

1 Like

Itā€™s done. But yeah I agree that, even if itā€™s good, it could be improved.

1 Like

Now, I think this is an ok change, however what if it were possible to go for either Robux or USD?
I think that this addition would satisfy us all and nobody will complain about it.

2 Likes

I reported this asset months ago as it contains NSFW ā€˜female assetsā€™ and it has not been deleted.

Considering this and the fact that ROBLOX continues to push out this new IRL currency idea onto an online game that still utilizes its online currency for multiple other things, Iā€™m just not going to have high hopes for anything in this coming year.

2 Likes