Introducing the Verified Badge!

great implementation of the verification feature for… well obvious reasons

i have no issues with it

7 Likes

That is a awesome feature that’s really important for Content Creators, UGC Creators, and Developers on Roblox. I hope other Community Contributors like Roblox Community Translators can benefit from this feature.

8 Likes

With this point, it may be an issue with developers being hired or just developers in groups, and It may be an issue where you work hours and hours on a game, and It becomes successful your group owner gets the badge but not you. Would you get the badge or not?

Either way a great idea and hopefully this will be a great addition to roblox development.

5 Likes

very excited about this If this can stop impersonating :pray:

6 Likes

Will there be a point in time where you can apply for it instead of meeting these current requirements?

4 Likes

Updated the post to clarify.

Yes, at this stage, we will be granting the Verified Badge to notable Experience Owners and UGC Creators, along with select Influencers, Video Stars, and partnered Brands. This is just the first phase of our new program - we hope to invite even more creators and new creator types to get Verified in the future!

41 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for the response. :+1:

8 Likes

Great update!
This is gonna stop a lot of people from impersonating notable creators and prevent scams.

3 Likes

Really nice to see! It will avoid people from impersonating creators, ect !

2 Likes

Will we get notified in the dev forum when we get it or does it just put it on our account when we meet the requirements?

7 Likes

Can it be only 2 verfication step- blabh thing, because some ppl do not have idea.

3 Likes

I really hope I can get verified! This looks awesome and I think it’s a great idea. Good job roblox!

2 Likes

What are the requirements for this? Do you need a certain amount of followers (or subscribers, something like that) and if so, how many?

3 Likes

You need like 10,000 on yt, be a video star, and followers.

4 Likes

What about those with plugins, who are very well-known but don’t meet the requirements? Will they be included in the future, as I’m very sure users would like an easy way to know if the plugin is trustworthy.

5 Likes

Plugins is like dev who made it. so basically developers.

3 Likes

Sounds great! Hopefully this would stop impersonations. Could also add a feature for the search bar to automatically search for a verified creator/dev when typing a name similar to them, some extensions do this with the user search.

For instance, If I were to type “kreek”, kreekcraft’s user would popup.

7 Likes

Yes, but the requirements are based on “engagement” for a developer, so I’m just curious if they’ll be including plugin creators in the future.

2 Likes

Alright good to know. Sadly I’m only at 1.4k but hopefully one day I will meet the criteria.

3 Likes

It’s 100K followers, and I think Twitch is also allowed. There’s a page on the requirements, go check it out

4 Likes