Introducing the Verified Badge!

Great update!
This is gonna stop a lot of people from impersonating notable creators and prevent scams.

3 Likes

Really nice to see! It will avoid people from impersonating creators, ect !

2 Likes

Will we get notified in the dev forum when we get it or does it just put it on our account when we meet the requirements?

7 Likes

Can it be only 2 verfication step- blabh thing, because some ppl do not have idea.

3 Likes

I really hope I can get verified! This looks awesome and I think it’s a great idea. Good job roblox!

2 Likes

What are the requirements for this? Do you need a certain amount of followers (or subscribers, something like that) and if so, how many?

3 Likes

You need like 10,000 on yt, be a video star, and followers.

4 Likes

What about those with plugins, who are very well-known but don’t meet the requirements? Will they be included in the future, as I’m very sure users would like an easy way to know if the plugin is trustworthy.

5 Likes

Plugins is like dev who made it. so basically developers.

3 Likes

Sounds great! Hopefully this would stop impersonations. Could also add a feature for the search bar to automatically search for a verified creator/dev when typing a name similar to them, some extensions do this with the user search.

For instance, If I were to type “kreek”, kreekcraft’s user would popup.

7 Likes

Yes, but the requirements are based on “engagement” for a developer, so I’m just curious if they’ll be including plugin creators in the future.

2 Likes

Alright good to know. Sadly I’m only at 1.4k but hopefully one day I will meet the criteria.

3 Likes

It’s 100K followers, and I think Twitch is also allowed. There’s a page on the requirements, go check it out

4 Likes

I’d like this. I had a place duplicated by someone else and I think this can help with verifying original creators a bit more.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s twitch as well.

2 Likes

You will meet at soon as possible.

3 Likes

During RDC it was stated that all users would be getting access to UGC item creation. How would this work with UGC creators currently getting the verification badge? I also think notable clothing creators should receive the verification badge as many clothing creator are the most susceptible to be impersonated and have their work stolen.

7 Likes

Is there going to be some type way of checking if someone is verified in-game/code (like how we can check if someone has premium or something).

2 Likes

If they one in the future, maybe prob to do with like how many people can use it.

2 Likes

So far it seems that two of my groups are going to be verified, but not my personal account yet. Is there a process for the owner of verified groups to get their account verified?

11 Likes