Introducing the Verified Badge!

Sweet update! The verifyed badge looks Cool… like me!
I can’t wait for this update!

I was waiting for something like this… Lol

4 Likes

I think this is a very great feature, there’s so many impersonators out there. I hope there will be application soon!

I don’t really like this, I feel like every five minutes Roblox is rolling out some new update, mainly just unnecessary things that sure could be used and it’s great they at least are trying but just my opinion. Still, a cool feature in the least. (for most)

Even if Roblox doesn’t keep the information, and the company is certified and trusted, it is not guaranteed to the user that their information is safe. There’s always stuff happening behind any company that’s not being told to anybody that isn’t a part of the company. There’s people all around the internet not comfortable with sharing private information, and having a lot of stuff, not just being able to have verification badge, locked behind that is unfair for those who aren’t.

This update is really good, and has a really good goal, but the way they introduced it, makes it unfair for some people. It would be really nice, if the age verification wasn’t a requirement for this, and many more other updates to come.

3 Likes

Will the badge appear in-game? If so would there be a way to hide it?

I’ve also seen a lot of people show on other platforms like YouTube and Twitter that they received the verified badge, however none of them has it visible on my side. Is this going to slowly roll out like display names showing on website based on the region you are in? Or is it only visible at the moment for those that got verified?

The age verification policy is here, stated in there

• Roblox does not receive a copy of, or have access to, your Biometric Data.
  • Our service provider, Veriff, deletes your Biometric Data within 90 days after collection, unless required by law (such as a warrant or subpoena) to keep your Biometric Data for a longer period.
1 Like

Also I don’t believe it’s rolled out on the website yet

Would it be possible for smaller developers like me to be verified? Like people with at least 10k+ visits?

Will the feature be rolled out entirely today, or will it take a bit longer than today to get it rolled out everywhere? It seems to also be regional based, as I live in Canada and I don’t have the feature, or my own verification badge yet.

2 Likes

This is a fire update, but are we supposed to not be able to see the people who have the verified badge?

I think they already have a badge to prove they are the real youtuber

Probably right on verified badge as they decision. Those are security very much added updates on roblox very imagine on user safety for great step towards preventing impersonation.

And even though are investors. I am looking around that more updates are badge is a verified issues features safety are layer of security, is a question though ? (imagine on server or player list probably) and you can more developers also have API access with holder in game on verified users for roblox and even are development are good prove that successful in game which was according to developers purposes to updates ? as well star creators or notable and more as verified badge (probably voice chat).

I’m really loking forward to this but, my biggest concern is if collaborators/co-owners of group experiences will get any recognition? They haven’t in the past like with the Crown’s that were distributed. As the owner of a very popular group, I was awarded all the Crown’s but my Co-dev was not.

I owned the group for the past 3 years but the group is currently under her ownership as I’m taking a mental health break, so does that mean if our group or our accounts are eligible for verification only she will get it as the current owner?

1 Like

I think this badge is a good identification for real UGC and Experiences Owners.

1 Like

Nice! I think that this would really help reduce people scamming with accounts and with impersonating others!

ah yo i remember emailing Roblox a couple years ago to add a feature like this, Really happy that its finally being added

1 Like

Roblox followers are a complete joke. I have many of them because I sent and accepted random friend requests in-game before 2014. And today, they do nothing.

4 Likes

Awesome Feature! This is a huge step towards preventing impersonation & fraud

Was in the theater at RDC when this was announced initially, awesome stuff. Great work.

1 Like