Introducing Translation Feedback

:happy3: This is an awesome change! We’ve asked for the ability to post feedback regarding translations for quite a while now so I’m glad that it’s finally being added.
Thanks Roblox!

20 Likes

Yeah, we have repeatedly emphasised and continue to emphasise that Roblox’s automatic translations are a disgrace for some languages. I can confirm this at least for my native language, Turkish. Since the release of automatic translations on the platform, the Turkish language has not improved at all and has continued on the same path.

AI cannot detect context at all, most strings will be confusing to read and totally not readable or understood. Translation feedback is only valid for the currently reported experience. What about other experiences? Will the automatic translation be able to apply the context of the game we just reported for the other experiences?

14 Likes

I’m glad. Beats having to be alone in the fight against improper translations!

7 Likes

This is great! I’ve sometimes noticed minor errors when Roblox translates into other languages, and this feature makes it much easier to report these errors!

7 Likes

I think exactly the same as you. It’s nice that they’re finally taking action against this. I like this update. :happy2:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/automatic-language-translations/1812261

6 Likes

Would appreciate if this could be fixed/changed

6 Likes

I noticed a few slight bugs with Translation Feedback.
If your experience has a GUI frame overlaying text on a Surface GUI, it’s impossible to report the translated text as inaccurate. In this scenario, I can only choose to report translated text on the semi-transparent frame without text, the buttons, and the proximity prompt (see blue overlay for selecting a semi-transparent frame). Is there any way to fix this without removing the frame?

(See bug here: The Art Museum - Roblox)

One other bug: If you try using this feature in first-person, avatar accessories are visible:

Other than that, this is a great update that I have been waiting for!
(I just submitted this as a bug report as well)

11 Likes

Why don’t you create a classic feedback system for our games just?

5 Likes

This is amazing. I’ve been working to create an international experience for users worldwide to play Roblox together. This will help!

3 Likes

Amazing feature! This will be beneficial for players and translators alike.

6 Likes

Cool but the localizations table and are still fundamentally broken with substring patterns. I was told that people were assigned to this a month ago but are there any updates and ETAs? We are going to be blocked until that is fixed and no matter how nice this feature this is, we won’t be able to use it :frowning:

5 Likes

Nice feature, but there should be a way for the developer to disable this. It is not always relevant or necessary for every experience, and can be immersion-breaking.

5 Likes

I’m curious about the process when a piece of text is reported on the platform. Specifically, I’d like to understand what actions are taken in response to reports, especially in cases where content is falsely reported. It’s essential that the moderation process involves human verification before any actions are taken against a game. Additionally, I’d appreciate if there was a way to disable this feature for games that don’t offer translations, to ensure a smoother experience for developers.

5 Likes

Hey I know it’s not on the roadmap but I’m curious if adding manual localization support for marketplace items has been discussed?

currently (to the best of my knowledge), items are all automatically translated, with no option to add manual translations on the marketplace.

2 Likes

Hello!

This seems like a nice feature which benefits everyone involved. The user gets better translations, the developer gets an easy way to receive feedback on their game’s translation, and Roblox gets the data they need to improve their translation systems. However, I think the ability to detect when a player is giving translation feedback should be added, since this could allow games to “pause” themselves to improve UX (e.g. the player won’t die while in this screen).

Are there any plans for an API to detect when someone opens the translation feedback screen?

3 Likes

Automatic chat translation, I know may not be related to this, but how the HELL is it that bad, that it doesn’t translate ANY Russian however translates some english phrases - to english phrases…

2 Likes

that’s a great system

could selecting the translation as inappropriate be used as reporting? If a player is bypassing the filter as an example

2 Likes

It’s not good that the user can select invisible parts or parts with no Text. Also UI?

2 Likes

Is it possible to block/deactivate this while sitting in a vehicle?

1 Like

I’m all for supporting translations on the platform, but I’d really prefer if this feature could be disabled / configured. Many of my experiences use multiple text labels for a singular text string due to some specific text rendering complexities; this feature not only confuses users who may be trying to provide genuine feedback but also breaks the immersion in some specific cases.

1 Like