Introducing Unified Game Permissions

This is very useful, especially when you have a temp devs, interns or someone you donrt want to trust with too much power.

1 Like

Finally, Will this allow us to showcase some things in studios without having the worry of people being able to download the model and steal it?

1 Like

Finally, Testers can be a thing, without needing to grant them direct access to the source code!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it possible to add “collaborators” to games who are not on your friends list or in your group? It can be somewhat of an unneeded issue to have to add people to your friends list and remove them later on if they want to help you with a small task in your game. It should be an option in the current “Privacy” settings, similar to who can follow you in-game or trade with you. It just seems more appropriate than friending someone to invite them.

Here’s an example of what it’d look like:

10 Likes

A great addition would be adding a prompt to the owner of the place when a person is trying to download the game. My friend had someone get mad at them, download the game and SELL EXPLOITS for it which stressed out my friend and led him to close a game that he worked on for more than a year. Owners should give permission to the downloader first to prevent people leaking things or being toxic for no reason.

7 Likes

FINALLY! This is a lifesaver and an amazing addition for collaboration with others. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Awesome update!

I think it would be super useful to add per user permissions for group-owned games as well. Per role-set is great, but if I have multiple projects and I need specific developers to work on specific games, then that’s not really easy to do at the moment. This can sort of be solved by creating specific developer roles for each game, but then again, what if someone is a developer for multiple games and needs to have access to them? I think adding per user permissions to groups will make this update even better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long do you think it’ll take?
As it’s as feature I’d love to use for my game. (:

2 Likes

It would be nice if they also saw those games in the Group Creations page for ease of access. Otherwise the Group Creations page on the website sort of becomes useless.

4 Likes

This is perfect! We can finally split permissions through different games which helps decrease the creation of multiple development groups. I wonder if group payments are the next idea. :wink:

4 Likes

I have waited this for too long… thx nsgriff

2 Likes

This simply is not viable. If you are giving anyone even read access to your game in studio they can steal all of your work because the source for everything is still directly replicated to their computer.

Your situation is unfortunate, but I guess you will have to be more careful next time.

3 Likes

I actually ran into this on accident prior to the announcement because my friend said “hey, you can change the player number on our game right?” (The game was on his account, but I was in the team create for it.) I told him I couldn’t because I’m not the owner and can’t configure the game, but then suddenly realized I could.

Much appreciated update, as now I can fix when my buddy is being lazy and not updating the thumbnail picture :eyes:

3 Likes

FINALLY

Ive been waiting for this feature for so long! Thank you!

2 Likes

Up until two weeks ago, this was my favorite addition to the developer-oriented feature catalog.

The ability to add groups to my user-made games as players or developers, and the ability to add individual users to my group games was a life-saving feature. I am saddened that this has been removed, as this effectively makes this feature useless for me.

I hope to see this extremely important feature added back, as it aided development.

PS: I would also like to note the extreme importance of group-rank based permissions for packages, as I often wish to share a code library with developers of a certain group, and the best way to dynamically do so is to add them by group rank.

3 Likes

Finally, a new feature has arrived! The feature is going to be very helpful and useful for everyone; as for giving permissions, collaborating, the Play feature and other features will be such an amazing idea, and I can’t wait to use this. :happy4:

With the permission of the new feature, it’ll be also a great and helpful idea for your friends and by everyone to test out your own game, which can get very exciting for the update!

Thank you developers for making the new feature, and I hope more features arrives in the future on Roblox! :roblox_light:

4 Likes

A big improvement will be if you’re allowed to add groups to another group game in the permissions instead of limited to 1 group. For example;
We have group A and Group B,
Group A
Is our official group that has all role sets from fans to testers and everything else. It’s also the location were our official released games are located.

Group B
In group B we have all games and updates that are in development. This is also the group for our official testers.

In the early testing of this feature you were allowed to add “Group A” to “Group B” permissions so we could allow the testers in Group A access to the games in Group B. But it seems it has now been removed officially. I made originally a report of it here but it seems it wasn’t a bug but intended.

But for us it was very useful and important that we can add other groups to the game permissions of another group. Because we have multiple groups for diffirent testing reasons. And we don’t want to require all testers being in multiple groups.

2 Likes

I have a question about this, So if i wanted somebody else besides me to advertise a group game, can this be used to have it so users with the permission to create + edit group games to be able to run game ads wouldnt be able to do specific things on studio by having the play permission toggled?

2 Likes

Does this mean we can expect recurring group payouts by game in the near future?

love it just gotta say one thing, can you add a permission where they would be able to change the lighting cause I worked with some people and they kept on ruining the lighting.