Introduction thread for new forum members

Welcome to the community, nice to see you in here.

1 Like

I just noticed i’ve been accepted into the devforum and man am i excited.

My name is Martin i’m a danish college student playing roblox since mid 2010. I started getting into developing with my good Norwegian friend @Eiger together we’ve advanced our development skills over the years and done projects of our own and for others. We both started off building and i later got into scripting and somehow i ended up getting into devforum. Very excited.

2 Likes

** • I found Roblox with youtube. I just watched a video and I saw "Roblox Highschool”.

• I started the roblox development in 2016 when I saw the “Create game” button.

My goal is to learn Rbx.lua. and to develop a real and a good game on Roblox.

• My Role in Developer community is Builder.

• Hello, developers! I’m Alex, a new member. I’m 13 years old, I joined in Roblox in 2016. I started to develop thigs in 2017.** You can go to my profile for more information about me.

Hi there, I am Terrariabat. I have been on Roblox since late 2012 and I started playing as a guest about 2 months before I made my account. I joined Roblox cause I wanted to make cool stuff. I mainly have found my passion in scripting and primarily making giant systems.

Goals
Learn new things, thats about it

Achievements
Getting my dream position in Pinewood Builders, leading the Italy ro-nation, and working for The Nighthawk Imperium’s Dev team.

Hope to see y’all around!

1 Like

That’s really cool how you self taught yourself scripting at 9! I can’t even remember what I was doing at 9!

Welcome to the developer forum! :smile:

i wish i could flag you for necrobumping but its not a necrobump. im also not new.

1 Like

If you aren’t new then why are you posting on the “Introduction thread for new members:thinking:

to welcome other members, up my read time and look and see if anyone’s posting any cool content here instead of #development-discussion:cool-creations or something

lets continue in dm before post flag/merge

One of the few times I’m responding.
I’m interested how the goal of learning lua is going to go for you. It’s very cool, to say at least.
Welcome! :wave:

1 Like

Hi, I’m Guestdere though most people just call me Guest.

I found Roblox back in 2012 when a close friend in real life showed it to me, I’ve been playing ever since. I started development probably around a month or two after joining when I realized that Roblox had the capabilities to let you make your own games. My current goals are to make (and finish!) a showcase game and learn how to 3d model in third-party programs so I can create meshes.
My current roles in the community are as a builder and moderation staff for a few groups.
Lastly of the utmost importance! I love the color pink!

I’m very grateful that I was given the chance to join this forum I look forward to talking to everyone and expanding my development repertoire.

1 Like

Hello, I’m Gravitydefier but most people call me Grav / Gravity.

I found (via means that I do not remember) and started playing ROBLOX in 2009-2010, but started really getting into it as a true community member in 2014. I first got into development as a builder in 2015, as It was dawning on me that I wanted to pursue a path in game development. I figured ROBLOX would be a good place to start out. I started watching tutorials, and that ended up snowballing into a hobby of building primarily architecture and mapmaking.

I’ve spent the last couple years at a small level working on projects with friends that have all sadly fallen through. I’m coming onto this site in the hopes that I can learn much more about the craft and start climbing up the ladder as a developer on ROBLOX.

My current skill is building, but I’m also trying to get a grasp on 3D modelling and voice acting / audio production.

1 Like

Hello!
My name is Duckzye and I just recently got accepted into the ROBLOX Developer Forum!

I found Roblox in 2012 after searching for different games to play because I was getting tired of my old ones.

I got started with development when a friend asked if I could help him develop a system in his game that he couldn’t find anyone else to do. Now me not knowing anything about scripting accepted his request. Since then I taught myself and I’ve been scripting ever since. Later on I started testing out User Interface designing and found out I had a liking to it.

My goals are to grow my business group in the Roblox community to provide a fun and safe environment.

My current role in the developer community is Programmer and UI Designer

Thanks for reading this! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey!
My name is Dysche, and I recently got accepted into the DevForum as “New Member” through the automated process. I did apply several times before this, but never got a reply.

I joined Roblox back in 2011 because I was looking for a place to create my own content on.

I started my development career on Roblox after starting a music&lighting group a few years ago, before then I was mainly helping others and creating small individual project. Since then I’ve progressed to full-game development and have been the main scripter for several games with 1M+ plays.

I plan on growing my own game studios on roblox, Trixo Studios, and am currently working on a minigame-esque game. On top of that I want to help others achieve their goals, as I’ve been mentoring and teaching other developers for years now.

I have nothing much else to say, other than thanking everyone who reads this. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Everyone

So my name is SoRo, I am quite known within the communities by my professional and supportive posts. I also encourage other users to listen to the community and understand their points of views. Somebody out there could have the best idea in the world! I also enjoy being part of the community, by watching other developers do work, it makes appreciate their time and efforts putting into the game. Not many people understand how much work is putting into a game, and I do notice it a lot, and I do show my appreciation.

Down bellow is other information about me! I turned it into a spoiler as it is a lot to read!

How did I get into Roblox?

How did I get into Roblox?
Well, it all started with a google search: “how to develop games.” I then saw Roblox amongst the list a while back and that’s when I knew about Roblox. It did startle me not knowing how to build, so I moved onto doing Unity courses for my development.

My younger brother was then playing Roblox 2 years ago, and I was watching him play Mining Simulator, I enjoyed the grinding aspect of that game and then so, I played Mining simulator… Well, long story short. I played many other games, got involved with the community and it got me inspired to learn LUA and building. I also do a lot of moderation for a few games and streamers, so having that community experience helps me understand what the community would like to see in games content-wise.

How did I get started with development on the Roblox platform?

How did I get started with development

I spoken to some developers through Twitter as well as contacting the founders on how they started out building and programming. They all pretty much said the same thing. They said:

“Keep practising and take your time into making things, every detail is important. Don’t think that a good game would take 1 day to make, you need details and you need tons of game content for people to do and enjoy.”

So for the past 3 months, I have been learning through Dev Forums resources, I also been watching some videos. I have also been reading through Roblox’s resources on learning scripting. As the saying goes, “brain will work better every time you learn something new every day!”

Current goals/achievements on the platform

Current goals/achievements on the platform
My current goals & achievements are:

• Able to be comfortable with the building sides of things.
  • Able to understand more advanced scripting.
  • Growing a great team to build some amazing games, as well as growing a community.
  • Constantly learning new things. Able to try to implement new things in the studio.

There is more to add, but I believe that is the top goals that I wish to achieve here.

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)

What is your role in the developer community?
My art design isn’t the best, that’s definitely something I need to learn one day.
But Programming and becoming a builder will be my main role in the community.

That being said, I enjoy giving out compliments and being inspired by developers here in DevForums. I think I gave out 4 messages to the developers through twitter saying how much I appreciate them writing a huge descriptive thread on the resources category.

It’s truly amazing!

Other

Other things to say
Nothing much else to say apart from keeping making awesome posts, especially when it’s to do with helping others. I always have been a team player that works for a long a team. (Been playing Ice Hockey for 10 years) And that taught me a valid lesson regarding to working in the team.

“No matter what, you’re still a team if you fail, nothing can break the team. Only the sore losers already accept defeat. The true winners are those that join, competes and do their jobs.”

Smile quote (Picture)

share your smile with the world, it’s a symbol of friendship and peace.

So that is it! I hope you enjoyed my introduction thread, I am very excited to meet and assist developers here at the DevForum. Let us keep creating, and show the world what imagination we can create here at Roblox.

SoRo

1 Like

Hey, just wanting to say thank you for allowing me into this big community! My name is dornuthedude, I first found Roblox when I was 8 years old(13 now). My cousin was currently in my house and he introduced it to me. I was still an 8 year old so of course, I forgot my account password after I finished playing and never really been online until I turned 11and found Roblox again. I was lucky and guess my password and sign in. I started to play a few games(first game I played was about Yugioh) and got interested in the coding of the game since I was already programming for 9 years old(first programming language I learned was java but was pretty bad at it). I soon learn what Roblox studio is and the programming language called Lua, learn slowly and here I am. The biggest achievement I had on the website was finally being able to use DevEx. My first cash out was 100k robux and got $350 from it. My role in this community is a programmer. Thanks again, Dornuthedude!

3 Likes

Hey, I’m timothy_teakettle and I started Roblox in 2008, and subsequently began to learn programming on it starting in around 2010 by messing around with pre-written code and seeing what changing various parts did.

My current goal is to complete a full game that gets a large quantity of players playing at once.

1 Like

Now that’s a lot of New Members

Welcome to all New Members. Don’t forget to read and understand the rules! :smile:

Hey, I’m a roblox player since 2016, and builder since 2018. Roblox is a game that I discovered by playing free games, and now I’m still playing :grin:, I enjoyed create my first house and I still enjoy builds that I make. Now I will try to finished my projects and make new things.
Let’s hope a great future to everyone!

1 Like

Hi I’m im_tool. (Really stange to introduce myself “Hey I’m im_tool” nevermind)

I got started developing by myself. I downloaded “Roblox Studio” opened a new game and everything was so weird. I didn’t understand anything that was going on what even was “Roblox Studio”. I learned from scratch on how to use the tools that Roblox Studio provides. I only knew how to create basic things like a house using 1x1 studs. Inspiration supported me a lot from other games/developers.
(I found roblox in 2017 and started building around beginning of 2018)

My goal on the Roblox platform is to be able to talk and share ideas with other developers! I would like to be able to teach others the techniques I use for Roblox Studio. (I would really like to attend 1 RDC!)

My current role in the community is a builder. I would like to learn to script.

1 Like

Hi, this is my first comment I’ll ever post on this forum to which I am really happy about!

Firstly, I would like to address that my comments on this forum will likely not always be perfect in grammar or spelling due to me not being a native English speaker. sorry :frowning:

But anyway, I found ROBLOX back in 2013 because I happened to notice that my cousin was playing some weird lego-like game what turned out to be ROBLOX!

The reason why I started developing is due to me having a desire to make myself more known on the ROBLOX platform. So I thought a good game or a decent model will do the trick on the leveraged exposure. :+1:

My goals on ROBLOX is to socialize with people and make my self known inside the community.

My role: builder :hammer:

My personality:
I am quite an extravert, I love to socialize with people and find new friends. I love to play games like ROBLOX and work in my garden.

I am from Belgium and I am a multilingual speaker, I speak English, Dutch, and kinda French fluently

Here I will end my introduction thread, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it!

• Golden
2 Likes