Introduction thread for new forum members

Yeah, anytime dude. drop me a dm and lemme know.

Hello! I’m LuciferXIV,

I mostly do exploit patching and a sometimes do database related scripting, I’ve been trying to learn other things from older works I’ve done before focusing on certain things.

It’s great to finally be a part of the developer forums!

Hey! Great to have you here on the forums. (:

Hiya! I’m Desirevoids,

Currently, I’m a Learning Website Developer and a Discord Bot Developer. I make Discord Bots for ROBLOX groups when requested, or I offer for free. I found out about ROBLOX through some of my friends at my old school, and from the two years I’ve been on this platform (Started on Savitar3467) I can honestly say I’ll be staying on this platform for a while. How I got into Ro-Development in a whole was joining the first place I’ve ever worked at, Slurpz and there I was hired as Vice Chairman and I got into learning to script. However, right now I’m kind of “grounded” to Discord Bots and Websites due to my laptop breaking and currently I’m saving up for a new one.

Thank you DevRelations!

Sincerely,
Desirevoids

Hello! i finally got a new member , i’m so excited :smiley:

so i found roblox on 2012 , my big brother recommended me to play this… and i played it and it was fun. i first started with development by watching some youtube tutorials, they teached me the basic, and then i started experimenting stuff. i started with development on roblox because i really wanted to create a RPG game , i love them alot, my first game i played ever was actually RPG called “maplestory”. so my current goal is to create an Fan made Undertale RPG game, i really want to finish it, but unfortunately there’s a lot bugs in my scripts that i tried so many ways to fix and i can’t find solution, so i hope this forum will help me solve those bugs. my role in developer community is programmer, i’m not the best programmer but i’m trying to learn new things everyday, so in the end i will be a good programmer.

Hello, I’m DoubleDog_DareMe. I’ve been around for a hot minute. The Devforum has been an immensely helpful tool for keeping up to date on studio features and getting out of the odd situation or two. It’s with great joy that I can finally contribute and help others just as others have helped me!

I’ve got work under my belt as a builder, as well as dabbling in graphics and art. Admittedly I am not a good artist, but I can make the results happen with enough time. More recently I’ve been designing interfaces, with my largest project so far being my work for Meridian Studios (Expanse; Skirmisher [Update Log and Info] 5/8/2019) on Expanse and Expanse: Skirmisher.
Here’s a peek of the latest frames: https://gyazo.com/d40e80ecbd21f859d29167cff692ff26

If you need any feedback on interfaces or art, hit me up here on the forums or my discord, DoubleDog_DareMe#2733!

1 Like

Hello I’m Arbeiters. I’m not sure how I found out about ROBLOX but I did so in late 2012. I probably found it through some advertisement because before ROBLOX I was into flash games a lot. I’ve shifted accounts a lot since then because I was only a child and losing password usually meant losing the account (which I had foolishly named after my real name).

ROBLOX has been extremely inspirational to me. I was introduced into gaming at a very young age (at about two years old I used to sit next to a keyboard and punch keys). I played a lot of games and got scolded multiple times for it by my parents. My father believed I was wasting my time and introduced me to Scratch (yes that MIT project with visual coding). Create my own game!?! WOAH!.

While Scratch found the hidden game developer in me, I believe ROBLOX solidified it. When I found out in 2012 that all these games were made by regular people just like me, it was truly shocking and mind blowing. I could not wait to get into making games. HOWEVER, unlike Scratch, coding on ROBLOX was truly terrifying at first sight. I frequently gave up and became annoyed.

In 9th grade I met someone who I can not thank enough for what they had pushed me to do. In 9th grade, I met @BuilderBudCarl, one of my best friends, and found out that he was a SCRIPTER in ROBLOX. I was filled with jealousy and on the fine afternoon of 17th May 2016, after I had finished taking my last exam (it was the urdu exam, Carl :slight_smile:) and was finally free for the summer vacations, I promised myself to take the challenge of scripting on ROBLOX.

It’s been 3 years since that moment and I still think about it sometimes. I believe it was the turning point for my life. My goal now is to become a game developer by profession. I believe a similar moment will happen in my future professional life when I’m stuck in a difficult situation and I’d think back about ROBLOX.

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

I first found ROBLOX in 2008 and have enjoyed being here since. I started development in ROBLOX with trying to make my own obby using a collage of Free Models and slowly taught myself to build and script using them. I love playing ROBLOX and a current goal of mine is to introduce my own games to ROBLOX. I have experience in a lot of fields including UI design and building but my main focus is programming. I look forward to continuing to develop on ROBLOX.

Hello, I’m new to this community. My username is marltonjohnson9876 and it is a pleasure to meet you and everyone else who reads this comment.

I found roblox from a youtube ad, funny enough, I decided to click and give the platform a try. It didn’t take me long to adapt to the new environment around me.

I first started development I think around 2017. I came across a group (SCPF) that had good games and I just wanted to create games like that.
My current goals on this platform is just to help anybody that needs it and get feedback on my builds/development.
In this community, I’m more of a programmer. I want to start building because I don’t want a game where it is just scripts and a bunch of bland buildings.
Addendum: Every odd number has an E in it.

1 Like

Hi, I’m PixEclipz, and I’m really excited to be a new member of the DevForum!

I found out about Roblox from an internet ad back in 2011, and about a year later I ended up trying the game. As a 10-year-old, playing DriveBlox Unlimited turned out to be really engaging, to the point that I found myself hooked on the Roblox platform in general.

I started developing on Roblox about 5 years ago, after seeing a couple of scripting tutorials on youtube. I already had some JavaScript experience from a class I had taken, so transitioning to Lua was fun.

My current main goal is to release a certain game I’ve been working on for two years. I’ve really only gotten serious about scripting when I started working on this game, and every time I learned a new critical skill in making the framework for the game I’ve decided to start over with a better system. Turns out you learn a lot about (labor) efficient programming when you decide to script a large scale game from start to finish.

My role in the developer community is as a Scripter and animator, though I also do non-Roblox related programming, including FRC Robotics and backend web development.

After reading through these forums for a couple of years, it feels really great to finally be posting a reply for the first time. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello,

I thought it seemed like forever before I got the notification that I can finally post on the forum but reading some other intro’s maybe I got lucky. I certainly did a lot of post reading and learnt loads! Which I think is the idea.

I also get the feeling I might be a fair bit older than the average member. I discovered Roblox through my kids who played it for ages before I noticed you could build your own game. I’ve toyed with game creation since Flash Actionscript but never really completed anything. Some time and a lot of javascript application coding later I find myself here.

The platform is great. I’ve got the bare bones of a game scripted up and have a notebook full of ideas to implement in it.

I’d say scripting is probably my strongest skill but I do have some design background so hopefully that’ll help with the UI.

Biggest challenge right now is animating. Wow - I really appreciate the art form after trying a few bits. Any pointers on this would be massively appreciated.

Looking forward to being a new member!

2 Likes

Hey everyone I am new here! Glad I’m finally here so I can connect with all of you!

I am a builder and Joined Roblox in 2011, also have been building for 4-5 years. Currently working on projects that I would love to show off to you awesome people soon. I hope I can support everyone on this forum and I’m look forward to be apart of this cool community!

Thanks a lot!

3 Likes

Hello there!:roblox::woot:

The name’s Flip! I’ve been playing Roblox for 4 years now. I remember when I was little,and had a totally different account I heard my friends talking about Roblox. I remember opening the website and enjoying myself. It was fun!. Years later I find it again. And somehow I keep coming back for more. Each game is created by a set of people with great ambitions. Now I want to get involved with those people and help them achieve their ambitions. I’ve been producing music for 2 years now, I plan on becoming a composer as my career. I want to give back to Roblox by producing music and helping games achieve a sense of originality, by simply having original music! Really hope to meet and work with many of you devs out there in the field! :happy2:

Cheers!:roblox_light:

3 Likes
  • How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox through an ad back in 2011 and played it every since!
  • How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I opened up Roblox Studio and was like, what can I do with this? I looked through the toolbox and discovered a whole new world. Then I tried making things my own and went onto rendering!
  • Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I would like to be able to make better and more high qualities renders/builds as time progresses.
  • What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    GFX Designer and Builder.
  • Anything else you would like to include
    Nope!
3 Likes

Hey i’m Tsunen! I started playing Roblox in 2013 and have been playing since. In 2015 I started making buildings and just random models(which were very bad) and I have been getting better and improving ever since. I am a builder but i’m also learning modeling as well, my goals here are to help others in their paths to become better devs and I also hope to find some good work here!

2 Likes

Hello.
I’m StompyDonut426. I have been a Member of Roblox since 2012. I’m now currently sixteen years old. I was 11 years old when I joined Roblox. As my passion for development started around early 2014, where I begun Building models and lobbies, just for fun. I found Roblox when I searched up another game, I always ignored the ad, until one day I decided to click it and I’m not playing and building on Roblox to this day.
I’m happy to be here, part of the DevForum Family.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello! I am HiroYun, but you can call Hiro! I am new here and also very new at development (Started this year on a new big project!). I glad to be here with you guys, that’s it! Byee! :smiley:

1 Like

Sup all my friendly bloxians! I’m C3RB a casual roblox user who recently dedicated his summer to learning how to make games in Roblox! Roblox has been a part of my life since I was a wee little one. My journey of Roblox began back when Roblox was a naked game with limited possibilities. Scripting has always been an interest of mind but I could never comprehend how to work Lua until recently. Now I dedicate my time to learning how to script and enjoy the feeling of getting something to work how you imagine it. I even went to RDC in like 2012 back when it was just becoming a thing!

I also grind Old School Runescape all day and am awaiting the release of Classic World of Warcraft (so if you have a firecape or want to dedicate your life to getting fat and pounding liters of mountain dew all day) We might just become friends!

Nice to meet you all ^

2 Likes

Hi all,
I’m new to the development side of Roblox. I have only been playing Roblox for a bit over a year. I have had experience in the pass with programming and am currently learning all aspects of Roblox Studios to make some games and have some fun while learning. I’m not much of a talker but i would post a bit about myself.

Hi, My name is Bohors and I am new to the Developer Forum. I have been on ROBLOX since 2011 and began developing in 2015. I have taken an interest in building for which I have progressed out throughout the years and I’m keen on coming here to offload my knowledge as well as gaining and learning some from other skilled developers.I have achieved many things throughout my time here such as owning multiple military and medieval communities along with creating Greek/Roman maps, military bases, cities and towns along with other different types of architecture. My role in the community is building but I’m always open to expanding my knowledge with other sectors of development as well as improving my building skills.