Introduction thread for new forum members

Hi Everyone!

I am Tyler, mainly known as tylnav on Roblox. I first joined roblox in 2016 and discovered it from my friend recommending it to me as me and him had about the same interests and we’re looking for a new gaming platform to enjoy being on.

Recently, last year I had started to work frequently around in studio building and creating tiny simple things and putting them together or as much as finding many items throughout the toolbox and making interesting creations with them, I then started creating some models myself and publishing them for games they would be useful for in the future.

I was told about the Roblox Developer Forum back then and I decided to check it out a few years ago, but recently I was told about the positives, the great help and also its community it had, so that’s what made me try it out today. I tried out the site and got used to it while being active and browsing on it for the past week making me intrested up to the point where I was really active and reached the point of being an active member on the Devforum. I was really excited that I have reached this point and I plan to keep being active and achieve higher goals one day.

Ever since I started using studio constantly, I was interested in Building, so I chose to take the role of “Builder” in the developer community.

My current goals are to make more creations with my imagination and create a small game that people would like to explore and possibly visit again. But, mainly as a starter I want to continue to expand my building skills before starting and creating bigger projects.

As I would like to say I feel welcomed in this community and as I can see it can being very friendly and helpful in many ways to that I hope to exceed my goals that I have on this platform, thank you all!

Hello, I’m a new member of the Devforum, and it’s great to be apart of this community

I remember ROBLOX when it was previously called “DynaBlox”. Of course, I went through so many accounts throughout the years, but in 2016, I wanted to try something new. That’s when I decided to try out the Studios Development. I was in love once I first clicked on that application, and I’ve been building ever since. People usually think that you need some kind of teacher in order to learn something new and vast to your knowledge, but I managed to self-teach myself, and I still do to this day. I would love to be known as a renowned Developer and for other Developers and players to cherish my work. Like I have stated before, I am a builder. Been building for 4 years, and many more to come! :wink:

(Forgot to mention, I am Willinestic, but people just call me Willy for short)

Although I have been here for almost half a year, let me introduce myself!

I am Crrustyy, a keen, determined developer who makes all sorts of things! Since I am not really popular, I spend most of my time playing my own games with my brother, MightyBloxMason, testing it out to make sure its ready for public release.

I found ROBLOX in 2015, because my friends were talking about it. I quickly got into it and made my first account, which I sadly lost. I then made another account then began playing again!

Although this account is young, it has the knowledge of a 5 year old (not literally, talking about how long I have been on the platform - I am a teenager :wink: ).

My goals include:

• Make it to the front page
  • Make enough to DevEx at least once
  • Make people happy with the things I make.

My role is a Programmer on the developer forum, as I love to type!

Bonus info: My brother is a trader :slight_smile:

That’s all for now!

Hi, my name is napsu2 (roblox username)
The way I found out about roblox was on Youtube back in 2015.
So my goals for roblox is to become a developer.
I currently have no good role for roblox since I don’t know how to script, build, or make GFX stuff, etc.
So I joined the Devforum so I can learn to script and build!

I’m pretty much new around here. Its been a couple of years since I wanted to come and join the DevForums team. Really glad to be here.

I’m SP3CTR3_Nobel, but better known as KBPlays. I first found Roblox when I came across a well known Influencer on the YouTube platform called DanTDM or The Diamond Minecart and ever since decided to embark on my amazing journey on the Roblox Platform. I started developing a game which is no longer around called Fruits Tycoon, at the time I didn’t build as good as I am now but I used Free Models to experiment around with the Roblox Physics Engine and worked on building more when I realized the complexity of learning Lua coding. (though I am getting better everyday) My goal on the DevForums is to help as many people as I could with my abilities and skills I have learnt throughout my 4 years journey. In the developer community, I am best well known for my GFX, Building and some programming, I’d must say, if I had not found Roblox, I don’t think I would be so talented, for Roblox to allow me to expand my imagination, it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I would like to thank everyone for this. :slight_smile:

Hi I am shepp2004 and I’ve been a scripter on Roblox for about 4 years but I have only just joined the dev forum.
I first found out about roblox in 2012 but I started developing in 2016, and I started by watching scripting tutorials on Youtube.
I have a new game called “Tropical Paradise” which I am going to sponsor soon.
I’m really glad to be a member now and hopefully I can help people with any scripts they need!

Hey guys! I’m pretty new to the forum.
I found Roblox when my friend had invited me to play a Warrior Cats RPG 5 years back. Time flies… I started to mess around with Roblox studio some time after I found out I could make games and made this rpg with a bunch of free models and no coding. That was about 4 years ago, but now that I’m older I realize that I want to get into game development as a concept artist when I grow older. Knowing that there was such a big development community on Roblox, I wanted to take advantage of it and start my journey here. I am currently learning some coding and I am proficient in the arts. I can do character designs, some environment designs, and illustrations. I am looking forward to learning about 3D modeling, UI design, and Building. 3D modeling will have to hold off until I invest in a better computer though haha :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope I can work with a group on a game some time!

I am new to the developing scene on roblox and I’m still learning. I found roblox by other youtubers. I started developing because it was fun and you can get a lot of robux from it and real money! My goal is to get at least 1k players at once. I am a builder and trying to improve. I am currently working on a sword fighting game.

Hi, I’m Mine_rr, and i’ve been a builder on Roblox for 4 years. I joined the forum recently, with my account existing but never being used.
I found Roblox in 2015, and started developing later the same year. I got very into building.
I’m working on a project with my best friend, we run a group!
Glad to be a member, and I cant wait to help people with building inquiries.

Hello, I’m Jason, a new member, I’ve been trying to get in for a few months now. I have recently started learning how to script and hope to learn more from this community. https://gyazo.com/f473106983bb2ca436fba9574cb61d50
this is a project I’m currently working on. I’ve got nothing else to say hope you have a nice day ahead :smile:

Hello everyone! I’m savyov. I’m a new member. I found ROBLOX during 2015/16. I’ve recently learned how to build and script. For now I’m not working on a project but I’m planning to. I’m glad to be a member. Got nothing else to say so have a nice day. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’m cold23tuy. I found roblox back in 2011 and I couldn’t tell you how haha. Back then in the early days of my time on roblox I would build little places just like my friends had. We’d make simple obbies and have fun using “FREE TYCOON KITS” to build the castles of our dreams! For the past couple of years, I’ve been dabbling in all forms of development. Over the course of many failed projects, I’ve gained a relatively good understanding of the Lua language in roblox. I also enjoy building and animation although I’m quite poor at the latter. In the coming weeks and months, I’ll be continuing work on my latest project for which I’m very excited. Happy to be part of the community!

1 Like

hey! I’m FPSPwnz0r, formerly racerking31.

I found ROBLOX through a friend of mine as a kid. since then, I’ve been endlessly tinkering and coding, on-and-off ROBLOX.

I got started with developing on ROBLOX as a hobbyist. most of my first games were just a bunch of free models cobbled together. later on I’d make a few thematic obbies about climbing towers and a few amateur first person shooters here and there.

I’ve been somewhat inactive since 2018 but I’ve returned because I’m interested in seeing what ROBLOX has to offer in 2020. I’m reentering as a programmer, but I was also interested in building before I went on hiatus.

getting accepted is really encouraging - happy to be here!

2 Likes
  1. How did you find Roblox?
    I first found roblox about 6 or 7 years ago I believe when I was just 13 years old, and some of my friends from school told me to try it.
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    When I got a bit older I started delving into Lua and the roblox Studio.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    My goals are to collaborate with other robloxians to create high quality games.
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I am a GFX and UI Designer mainly, but I am aspiring to become a better scripter.
  5. Anything else you would like to include
    Nope, just happy to finally be here!
2 Likes

Hey guys! I am A_Trendy

I have been on Roblox since mid-2017! I found Roblox by accident while randomly clicking Youtube videos, and somehow managed to come across one about Roblox. Since then I have been in love with the Platform and have been creating and running many games and projects. I currently have 6 groups that I own and manage. (Arizona, Astro Interactives, Astro Kids, Honeybee Publishing, Peppermint Power and Robloxian Adventure). To date, I have 300 thousand total visits between all my games and growing! I would like to thank everyone who has helped me with my Roblox experience, and I plan to make many games (Maybe a few onto the popular page!!).

Your Friend,
A_Trendy

2 Likes

Greetings. It’s great to be in the Forum now, mainly because I look here for inspiration and aspire to be a better builder and designer. I like to think I’m an amateur at both of these. Thank you very much for accepting me!

I’m naaan0, though I can be referred to as Naan. Started ROBLOX back in 2013 on an old account that was hacked (lol). At first on my old account, I would use free models and build things that I thought were really, really plain. I only started getting into actual showcases and stuff a few months ago. My goal is to create original, realistic builds and get better at 3D modeling and Graphic Design. I hope in the next few years I can look back on this and hopefully, I can say I achieved my goal. Thanks again!

Ah yes, hello!

I am DevHumor. I’ve been scripting for around 4 years. I’ve began playing Roblox around 2012. Back then, I always imagine how games were made and the though process that went through it. After discovering Roblox Studio, I began figuring out how to make my own game on the wiki, but it doesn’t involve any scripting. For the scripting side of things, I have used the developer forums for scripting help and applied solutions that other developers suggested into my own scripts. Today, I have many side projects I have been experimenting and playing with, and these side projects I have saved locally dated all the way to March 2016!

My goal here in the developer forums is to get involved with helping others on scripting and be part of the programmer role. I am also willing to learn more about scripting and even outside of Lua while helping others and learn some new things such as building, graphic design, music composition, and others!

It’s glad to be part of the developer forums!

Hello there! I am Impulse55467 and I have been an aspiring builder on this wonderful platform since 2017.

I originally found Roblox in 2013 when my brother showed it to me. I had a blast playing it, but I went away from the platform for a while until I found it again in 2016. From there, I became very interested in the development side of Roblox and I started to create simple builds with my friend.

The main thing I want to achieve on this platform is to create experiences that make people think, that make people feel, and experiences that everyone can enjoy. While I mainly focus on building, I am also interested in creating music and creating animations! I am very thankful to be apart of this wonderful community, and I can’t wait to share my builds with all of you!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am TommyVBelfort.

I have been on Roblox since around mid-2017. I found Roblox when I was usually on browsers searching for online games until I found Roblox. From the beginning of that point, I started loving Roblox and I have created a few builds.

I started developing on Roblox when I would notice YouTubers like ModelCreator building on Roblox Studio and that is where I started from. I would like to thank everyone who helped me to get along with it.

My main objective is that I want to create games that people would enjoy, While I am intermediate in building, I will also want to learn about scripting.

I am just thrilled to finally be part of the developer forums and I wish everyone to have a good time here.

1 Like

Hey I am GamingBoy113, and I am new to the Roblox DevForum!

I found roblox at the end of 2015, as a friend of mine recommended it to me and I instantly got sucked into the enjoyment of the platform. For a while, I didn’t actually know that you could create games yet I loved playing them.

When I found out you could make games, I was quite interested and wanted to go down the programming route (still to this day I think I should learn it) but I have ended up building. I enjoy building because, I can just put on some music and spend hours just making my worlds become visual! I still am learning how to build, but it is a practice thing and I’m constantly learning new and better ways to do things.

My goals on the roblox platform, is to create a game (it doesn’t need to be big) of my own once I have more experience and have a network of other developers who can help me in the process, that people can enjoy and play. My biggest achievement is probably realising that my builds, are worth a small amount at this current time. This is because I thought they were worth nothing! I have also had some offers from people, to join their development team some I have accepted so I can get more experience working with others on the platform.

I am a builder mainly, but I can do UI and GFX just I prefer building.

I can’t wait to see you around roblox, keep going with your dreams and hope you all have a wonderful time! :grinning:

1 Like