Introduction thread for new forum members

My name is ineffities and I have been on ROBLOX for multiple years now.

I found ROBLOX actually through my friend when I was 8, he showed me it and we played Roblox Next Top Model all day and it was so much fun. Since I joined the platform, I had always wanted to own a group of some sort, and that lead to me doing building. I build for fun rather than professionally so I wouldn’t necessarily want to be hired. My goals are to expand my group and create a fun, social hangout for players to forget about their stress in the real world and just relax.

I used to do GFX Design professionally however I now just do it for fun and even for free, and then I also do some building. It’s an honour to be accepted into the forum and I look forward to the future :slight_smile:

I’m TheOnIy0ne and I have been here on Roblox since 2016, I don’t remember how I found Roblox but I don’t remember many things so that’s nothing new. I remember starting development as a builder because that’s what I found easy, but moved onto animation after seeing a friend do it pretty well. I have a couple goals and those are to release a high quality game without any sort of paywall or anything of the sort, and make it enjoyable for everyone. I’m an animator, but I can also terrain, script and use blender to 3D model.

1. I found Roblox back in 2010 and the account I am on now was created in 2016. I found it through one of my friends and I thought it was cool so I made an account and started messing around in the studio and on Roblox games.

2. I liked to code and build and wanted to create something for a while now and I just decide to learn Lua and make a demo game all in 2 weeks.

3. My current achievements are one game on Roblox called “Red Idle” I had to learn Lua and make the game in 2 weeks. For the future, I am going to work on a full all-out game and will take a little while to create. The goal for that game is to get at least 400 players concurrent!

4. I am an all in one package, I am a programmer, 3D artist, and more basically everything that has to do with game dev I can do (maybe not the best). I am mainly a programmer and 3D artist.

5. I am looking forward to creating games on the Roblox platform and hope that I can work either at Roblox or as a dev for Roblox in the future.

Greetings, my name is maikiel!

2015: I’ve been on Roblox since 2015, though under a different name that I no longer remember. I found Roblox through an ad, so I, as a gamer, decided to click on it (you’re welcome, Roblox hahaha). 2016: This is when I started using my “new” Roblox account (now my current one, maikiel). During this year, I played a lot obbies, so I decided I wanted to create one, not knowing what I was getting myself into. Little did I know, I became an obby builder…though I did use a lot of models.
2017: I started working, or should I say building, for people for free and tried to make my own models as much as possible, though I still used a few models from the Toolbox. I built my first homestore, a plane and a nightclub. I would say that the homestore would be my best build. I also started doing basic GFX and GUIs.
2018-2019: I stopped building because I entered college and had no time.
2020: I am still in college though I don’t take as much courses as I did during 2018-2019, so I have had some time to refresh my building skills. I haven’t refreshed my skills in GFX, but I will be practicing soon again. I am also going to try to learn how to make 2D art.

Through this platform, I wish to further inspire others to keep doing what they’re doing, to be recruited and to learn new things.

As you may have read, you can conclude that I am a builder, but I am currently exploring other fields such as GFX and 2D art. Though I do not have any experience of translating on Roblox, I am able to speak Canadian French fluently and I am capable of proof-reading (proof such as grades and certificates available).

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just want to say, it’s an honor to be here. I never thought I would be able to get into the Roblox Devforum.

Thank you for that.

1 Like

Thanks now i will be able to share my creations to everyone :slight_smile:
Also, i am a builder

1. I honestly don’t really remember how I found Roblox, but I would have to say most likely via a YouTube video.

2. As with most Roblox developers, I just saw the “Create” tab one day and began experimenting with stuff inside of Roblox Studio.

3. I hope I get to a point where there are people that play my games everyday and my game doesn’t just become inactive. My main achievement is having 5,063 profile place visits and 3,558 group place visits, so 8,621 place visits all together! I hope to rise that amount up expediently, though!

4. I am a builder and a GFX designer.

5. My real name is Noah and I love cats!

Hey there! My name is Byte6502.

1. I found out Roblox back in 2011 when I stumbled upon some Roblox videos on YouTube, so I decided to join up and I found it to be a lot of fun and here I am now.

2. My first experience with Roblox studio was in 2014 when I saw the old blue background studio icon and wondered what it was, so I opened it and I ended up spending the day trying to learn how to navigate around the program and messing around with free model. From then on, I would hop on and off studio now and then just to mess around with random stuff and learn new skills.

3. My main goal right now is to continue to improve my skills at 3D modelling, building and I might even try animation a bit too. In future, I hope to distribute my work and work with others. Currently, I don’t have any achievements that I would consider to be noteworthy but hopefully, I will in the future.

4. last few months I’ve been working on my building and Blender 3D modelling skills and I finally feel comfortable to join the community but I know I still have a lot of improvements to do.

5. I look forward to hopefully becoming an active member of the community!

Here’s one of my renders.

1. How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox in 2015 as an 8 year old when I was at a play date with my friend. He was playing a game, I believe some tycoon, and I was hooked immediately. The old account I used to own was stolen from me in 2016 but I recovered it.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I had this one friend on Roblox who I met playing another game, and I later discovered he was proficient at UI. I decided to try it for myself and I placed my first few bricks down. I’m still very beginner level at building but I do build every day and try to improve.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    As of now, I’d like to become a QA Tester, but I meet neither requirements for it. Also, I would like to one day get RBX model maker badge and access to EBR. Finally, I’d like to become good at scripting, building, and modeling.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I am a builder, however I am very beginner, which is why I decided to look here for improvement.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    One of these days, I will become a profound builder. Just remember that with determination, you can do anything.

Hello! I’m MaxisMatch, I have played Roblox since 2016 on a throw-away account. In 2018 i made this account, which you see me writing from today. I got interested into Roblox when I kept hearing about this platform in youtube videos. It peeked my interest so I joined.

I have about 1-2 years experience in making GFX’s, mostly cause i wanted to have my own pictures for my group.
I also built homestores soon after creating the group but I’m not that good at it. Right now I’m working on a big project (for me) - my homestore - each month I release a clothing collection, which has its own little store themed around the set. The game is called : MaxisMatch Clothing Stores. Quick description : the game is basically a little town centre with stores all around where you can buy clothing.

I am quite active on updating the game and making it more enjoyable experience!

FINALLY! I AM HERE!

I’m Tyanarus, I have been a ROBLOX user on this account since September 2008, and since earlier on my old main, that I forgot the password to way back when. I’m currently 21 (Made this account when I was 10), I’ve got a little experience in Animating, Scripting, though not to a reliable standard, I primarily work on Clothing/Graphics Design, Building, and working on Group/Clan projects.

I’ve been using the Dev Forum for numerous considerations, and not being able to impart my compliments, criticisms, and topics, has been driving me insane! Jokes aside, I cannot wait to help this community, as it has helped me.

good thanks, hbu

30 characters

Hello, I am NormalMonkey79.

I like to develop, specifically building(Trying out scripting).
I’m not working on anything big at the moment, but I’ll be open to any ideas.
Thanks for reading!

Hello my name’s thatnoobdev! I’m a noob at developing! Wait. No I’m a Very PRO developer! I’ve came to roblox when I was 4! Very old… as yes the og days… But! I saw a ad and played a Thomas game! For 5 hours everyday. Yep Thomas. :frowning: but I’m currently working on a murder game! About to release mid May-June.
-thatnoobdev

1.] How did you find Roblox?
---- I found Roblox when my older sister first introduced me to the platform. I made my first account in 2015, which I lost the password to, and my second account in 2016 which unfortunately was banned. My 2017 account (my current main account that I always use) is now the account I use for developing.

2.] How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
---- To be honest, I don’t really know. I eventually just started to make simple games on the platform (they’re lost now), and got a little better in it. I made some friends, and when they started new businesses, I asked to develop for them. I slowly started to move off from building in Roblox Studio to actual modeling in Blender, which is now my specialty in development.

3.] Current goals/achievements on the platform
---- Not going to lie here, I don’t have many hopes to achieve in my Roblox developing career. I just want to make people happy by helping and/or making games for people to play.

4.] What is your role in the developer community?
---- My role here in the developer community, as I have mentioned in the past introductory questions, is being a modeler. I’m not fantastic at it, but I’m always getting better.

5.] Anything else you would like to include
---- Nope, that pretty much sums it up. As you may know, I am known as Memphis. Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Yo! My name is VolkVe, and I’ve been a member on Roblox since 2015.

For my first couple of years I wasn’t into programming, but I was super interested in Scratch as a kid, and eventually started learning languages such as Python and Java. I started learning programming in Roblox around late 2019, so I’m still learning the ropes. My goal is being able to create amazing worlds only my imagination could discover, and share it with other people! I’m primarily trying to learn programming, but I also make music as another hobby. I’m looking forward to being a part of this community!

1 Like

Hello, I’m Stephenthefox you can call me Stephen.

I found roblox about 7 years ago when I was about 11.

I began self teaching myself around the age of 12, doing so I would take other peoples scripts and edit them till they were what I needed and slowly started learning how to make my own scripts. 6 years later I can learn how to do almost anything on roblox and script it all myself, however I am here for help and helping.

My current goals here are to help as much as I can, and to be helped, allowing myself and others to be challenged by the problems I may face.

I am a programmer, builder, animator, and UI maker (all self taught), however I prefer using blender or AutoCAD for building.

Hi,
I’m Andrew. I found out about Roblox quite a few years ago while I was looking through some YouTube videos. At first, I had no idea what this platform could be. After what I’ve explored it in detail, I was completely amazed about the fact that players can create their own games for free.

I like to spend my time in studio developing basic games for roleplay-based communities, and the reason behind this is to make others happy.

I always wanted to remain a face that hides in a shadow, that’s why I haven’t joined DevForum until now, but here I am: discovering the endless possibilities and opportunities of Roblox! :grinning:

I’m new here. Thank you for the awesome introduction to the devforms.

Hello, I’m Kyles45678, but you can just call me Kyle or Kyles. I found about Roblox back in 2010-2011 due to my cousin showing me the game, and ever since then I’ve been a part of Roblox. I started developing in Roblox Studio from scratch back in 2012 after taking an interest in programming and game developing with my younger brother. Ever since then I’ve been learning more about game development and programming as a whole; thanks to me teaching myself Lua, I was able to learn many other programming languages in my school and clubs much faster. My goal with this platform is use it as a resource for game development, primarily on the scripting side. I also like to help other people out with their programming problems, so if you have a problem, feel free to message me. My current role is scripting and programming in general, but I have experience doing animations and modeling/building. I’m one of the developers of the previous Black Magic fighting game, as well as the head developer for the fighting game Leagues. Currently, I am remaking leagues due to the lack of fighting games on the Roblox platform. Thanks for reading, and have a good day!