Introduction thread for new forum members

I’m Dom/SynchroCrawler and I script & make UIs.
I’ve wanted to make a game since 2018, since I liked Roblox alot. (I still do!)
My goal on Roblox is to become a popular developer, and make a cool game for other people to play!
My role in the developer community is UI Designer.
I honestly like Roblox alot.

Hey hey people.

1. I’ve found ROBLOX by watching my brother playing it. Took me around 2 year to find out what game did my brother play because ROBLOX have multiple games and I just blindly type everything the game contained in Google.
  2. I’ve tried to help people to make group games because I want to speed up the development and boom, suddenly I found my calling and start finding my talents.
  3. My goal is to atleast make a group games based on my favorite novels.
  4. My role is a 3D Modeler. Because with 3D Models, you can make all kinds of fun stuff and show it to people.

Hello everyone, I am a new forum member, I sort of need help so if anyone is willing, just dm me at Shrek Wazowski#2988

Also how do I make a topic, I sent a topic and it says pending. How long does it take until I can actually show my topic

Wow! I have finally gotten In! Everyone here is awesome and keep up their great work! I am currently working on a game coming next year which will be awesome! If you want to see more stuff go follow my twitter to see some of my work.

1. I found Roblox through a family friend 7 years ago.
  2. I have always admired Developers and all they do to keep Roblox as it is today.
  3. I hope to improve my skills and make new friends.
  4. I am currently focusing on GFX and possibly GUI in the future.
1 Like

Hey, I’m new. Or not new but a new member!
I found Roblox about 5 years ago because I had friends who played it. I decided to give it a try and soon got tired of waiting for new games and decided to get into making stuff on my own. I’ve slowly gotten better over the years and now I’m working on a game that I think may be successful. I work on most everything myself. I’m pretty good at building, Intermediate to moderate at coding, very good at UI Design, and Semi-good at modeling. P.S I use blender!

I’m happy to be a member and cant wait to make more stuff!

3 Likes

Hey! I’m Maestrius, I’m new to the DevForum, having gotten it just now. :smiley: I’ve been trying to get in for quite some time now and I’m happy to say: I finally got in! Would you look at that.

I’m a Render Artist, not the best for sure but hey, it’s better than nothing, right? I am mainly active on Twitter (@MaestriusRBX) and I post quite a bit over there. My current goals for Roblox is to get some level of amazing when it comes to GFX. I hold at least a year of experience and I really enjoy it! I enjoy receiving criticism to improve my work more and more, nonetheless, I try to practice frequently so that I get better as time passes!

1 Like

Hello to everyone on the Dev forums! I’m a pretty average programmer, and have been using Roblox to practice scripting in my free time (which I have a ton of due to a certain pandemic) and am loving that I’m able to contribute here!

I hope I can contribute to these forms meaningfully. Happy scripting to all! :smile:

Hello everyone!! My name is Evercyan, I also go by Cyan so if that’s preferred go ahead!

I believe I found Roblox sometime in early 2012, possibly around Spring? I used to be crazy for games like Minecraft and decided to go to Google to see if I could find more games like it. I saw one of those top ten lists and found a few games on it like CubeLand, Manic Digger, and BlockLand and preceded to try them out. Shortly after I also found “ROBLOX” on the list and it looked cool so I joined the first ever game I played (on guest mode), Roblox Titanic and shortly fell in love. I then created an account called ‘arrey123’ and just months later created another named ‘CyanSparkleTime’.

After playing games for awhile I already made a few friends that went by the names of HiroLeagueEditor, PigZombieFlash, and Zekrom6810. Back when RPGs were huge and were constantly hitting front page there were also these free model kits that let you build your own. My friends taught me how to create them and use Roblox Studio 2013 and then soon I was creating many little games while playing them with my friends. On CyanSparkleTime I ended up making a few games which got decently popular at the time, ‘The Legend of Destructo RPG’, ‘Mortus RPG’, and ‘Sombrius RPG’ (which was a collab with one of my older friends, ‘SolidDare’.)

Sadly, I later eventually got terminated due to nasty copyright issues with some of the content I was putting in those games. I started making original IP on my new account Evercyan (still using free models - but slowly learning how to script my own content). I was creating a few more games on my old group ‘The Sparkle Time Studio’ like INFINITY RPG, Crimson, and Divinity. Then in December of 2017, I was about to release the biggest update in Infinity for that year to start off 2018. After that update released I decided to start completely rescripting my game and stop using free models like I was.

Now this year I’m happy to say that my game Infinity is now done with the improvements after being through so many stages of development from going to a small free modeled game to my favorite project yet. I like to think of development as an infinitely long but very slippery ladder. You always start at the bottom and work your way up. Each of my projects have become bigger and better ever since my first ever actual game, Destructo, released. I believe it’s time for me to move onto better things from Infinity and I hope to eventually release something even better than it in the near future. Sometimes you slip down very further from where you were on that ladder, like if one of your projects does worse than you anticipated and you believe you hit a ‘peak’, but it’s just one of the missteps that will help you learn on the way and eventually become better. My goals on the platform is to keep climbing that ladder to get where I want to be. One of my favorite moments in the eight years I have been with this amazing community is the first time I ever hit front page after just waking up one Saturday morning. There’s just no words to describe how you feel seeing everyone love your creation and crave for more updates and actually feel inspired to add so much content for your growing fan base. Even though I haven’t been on the front page in a few years I hope that I can once again live that dream and grow even more, while still pursing game development on Roblox for as long as I can.

I’d say I have been more of a game designer and builder up until late 2017 when I learned how to code from a few online friends. Ever since then I have always been much more fond of scripting. My most favorite roles are probably scripting and UI design, though I always love to better my skills as a builder and designer.

Sorry about that huge reply but I’m very glad to be here and I hope that I can help everyone out as much as possible.
Just remember to never ever give up on your dreams and always follow your heart. As long as you have the motivation and courage to pull through, you can literally do anything you want in life.

3 Likes

Hi I’m mostly new to the DevForum, and after using it as a research tool I’m glad to official be joining this great community as a member.

My names imnotRummy, and I ironically go by Rummy, I’m a Roblox Project Manager for small games. I love learning new things and plan on using the Forum as a tool for doing so on the Roblox Platform. I look forward to communicating with you all, and sharing ideas.

I’m looking for a good group, If you wish to chat with me tell me your discord username.

Hey! I am a new member on the dev fourum.

I found and began playing roblox with a couple of my friends via xbox around 2015. Ever since I slowly moved to PC and I now occasionally play Roblox games.

2: I began developing/using the development platform on roblox in 2017 when I was trying to make a game where my friends could join and have fun. It was a very buggy, free model filled, shooter.

3: My current goals on the platform are to continue to develop one of my latest projects called Close Quarters Combat, which me and a couple of friends are putting a lot of time and effort into.

4: My current role as a developer is programming and building, I also am in charge of the GUI. I can really do a bit of everything to be honest.

5: I look forward to my experience here :slight_smile:

Hello my name is BobSutherland and I am very happy that I am apart of this amazing website. I have been a roblox member since 2016 and a roblox game developer since 2016.

Hey! I’m Rep and I like to develop roblox “games”. ← more on that later

I found Roblox in 2012 when a friend of mine at the time suggested it in elementary school. Ever since then I’ve been in love, not just with the simple but powerful games from back then to even today but also with the community of all kinds of different people that love this game too!
I’m pretty sure it’s just always been something I do. In 2012 when I started my friend that introduced me was also into developing small games for friends; Things like basketball or racing with very simply built arenas and free models. I’ve always known how to use studio really, but it wasn’t until 2017 when I learned how to script, and that took my skills as a developer to the next level.
Really my only goals on Roblox are to have fun; This might sound a little weird but I can easily see myself as an old grandma still playing Roblox. I’m so proud of the work I’ve been able to do on this platform though, I say “games” in quotations because very little of what I work on is really game-like. I prefer to create tech demo’s or just simple ideas I had in roblox. I’m really proud of everything that’s on my profile right now out of over 100 unique places I’ve made on my account. For example, I made a popular joke game called Desert Bus in roblox and in my opinion it’s wonderful.
Really I’m a one trick pony, I can script; I would like to think that I can script really well, all of my friends and everyone I meet through Roblox tell me that too. If I spend enough time I can replicate models I have images of, but I wouldn’t call that a skill, more like just a general attention to detail.

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the dev forums! finally heh

I wanted to join the community, because I am curious about Roblox. It’s a great honor to be accepted here.

I found Roblox when a friend told me, 3 years ago. You might notice that my account is not that old, because I changed when I forgot my password!

I started creating in the Roblox platform two years ago, immediately after I learned that I could do so. I haven’t created anything special, except for a (not that good) obby (Escape the mine obby - Roblox)

I prefer building, because I am pretty bad at scripting. ready to help anyone who might need my help!

Edit: 3 months later, I prefer scripting and animating rather than building…
Theyoloman1920

Hi, I’m TwinTurboGT3RS,

I joined Roblox back in 2016 and found it to be an amazing game platform. I was told about Roblox by a friend. A few months later I learned about Roblox Studio. As of now currently I am a builder and novice 3D modeler trying to learn as many skills as I can. I joined the Roblox DevForum in July of 2019 and never really used it much up until a couple months ago. Well, that’s all from me, now you know some about how I got to where I am now.

hey there,

I am finally a member now. I remember joining Roblox years back. I never thought i would be interested in becoming a developer, but here i am. I mainly focused on scripting. Even though i am still a beginner, i can’t wait to learn more and i can’t wait how far i will be in 1 year.
I hope everyone is having an amazing day/night.

XYZLambda

Greetings, and Salutations!

I’m currently a member of the forum. Roblox has been a big part of my life. My initial purpose of using the developer forum was to grow as a developer. However, I meant a lot of new people! I’m thinking of starting a development team! Thank you Roblox! Never give up on your dreams!

Respectfully,
Programmxr

How are you all doing today?

My username is koolkid1796, though I have been meaning to change it for a long time now. I found Roblox through a friend and haven’t looked back since. I have always been interested in game design and thought Roblox would be a good place to start. Right now I mainly do 3D Modeling, but I am currently in the process of learning to script and I wish to get to the point where I can fully make a game on my own.

I can’t wait to improve my dev skills along side you all!