Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello all,
I been on Roblox since 2016 and developing since 2017. Despite nor having any too popular games, being on Roblox has definitely been an educational experience. I am a self taught Programmer and I am pretty good at it.
I’m happy to be able to join the community!

Hello! my name Tardisman7, and I have recently just became a member On the Developer Forum

How I found Roblox was because one of my cousins introduced it to me back in 2013 and started experimenting in 2015, the first game I saw was a flight simulator game.

How I got started with developing on the platform was because I wanted to express myself through creation

I do not know what my role is in the community, I am frequently switching between programing and building

That is all.

Hi I am borntobuild forty six
I found Roblox from a youtuber who played Roblox and I thought I should join and on 2016 I did.
I started to script because I wanted to make game and people make game on front page and it looked cool. I watched peasfactory scripting tutorial and it was very nice. My goals are to get at least one project of the many I haven’t finished done. I program stuff, I can degisn UI and build stuff but I like to program stuff the most. It is very nice to join this Roblox forum, I am very happy.

1. I found roblox from a friend back in 2013. (On a different account)
  2. I originally started development on the Roblox platform because I wanted to try out new things.
  3. My goals are to improve my programming skills and make a successful game.
  4. My current role in the developer community is a programmer.
  5. There’s nothing else I would like to add, this pretty much sums it up.

In 2017 I believe. I dont exactly remember what brought me there but I was early in my highschool year, not a freshmen but early, I played a game called Naruto RPG Beyond

With a feeling that coukd make better games than I was playing. I was mad with all the foolery I was putting up with playing roblox. My favorite games were all anime rpg games with “toxic” communities if you will.

To start a successful brand on roblox, with a fan-loved skyrocketing game that`ll blow all the old anime games I used to play out of competetition, and to compete with the most popular anime games

Programmer. I assume this means the owner of developed games

I`m up next believe it

Hi ! I’m iCoconutt; finally a member on the forums :relieved:

1. How did you find Roblox?
    My memory of joining is really foggy lol; I just remember starting way back in 2010. I most likely saw an ad and decided to play ROBLOX.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    At first I got onto ROBLOX studio just to play with free models and play with the premade maps ROBLOX provides, but later on I ended up getting myself caught up in Lua and building games for the fun of it and it kind of just became a hobby.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    Create a game that makes the front page.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Programming is most likely my best role. I’d like to get more into GFX, and sharpen my building.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    Nothing else really. But I have big plans for my future on ROBLOX so look out for it. :lying_face:

Hi there Roblox players!

1. I found Roblox back in 2014 at a party.

2. I was looking for a scripter for my game, and then realized I could make money from making GFX

3. I would like to improve my GFX and complete my game.

4. As stated previously I am a GFX artist, but I would always like to get better!

5. Stay safe you guys!

Hello all I’m KiyokoHoshi and I’m happy to finally be a member on here.

1. How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox when I saw an ad and it looked fun, but I do not remember when I joined.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I wanted to make a Role-Playing game so I stared building maps and models in Blender, just
    so that I could understand how to use the studio more.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I am very excited to make apparel for people to use on their avatars and to make a game that I have been working on for a month so far, I hope to one day make it real.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I do 3D modeling and I am an artist, I want to get better on both modeling and art so that I can get
    stuff done even faster.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    I don’t have much else to say but I do hope to meet people on here that will help me out with helpful criticism and hope to be successful at making a game.

I’m new to the Devforum community I’m Xezum, I’m at Roblox game developer looking to make a difference in the community. Iv’e been playing Roblox for 10 years now and ever day on this plate form has gave me new opportunities to meet cool people and grow as a developer.

1. I found roblox somewhere around 2009 however I didnt make my first account untill 2010
  2. I just recently got developing and scripting because I think it’ll be useful skill to have in the future, plus i’ve got nothing better to do during this pandemic lol
  3. I’d like to learn how to script and build in roblox, my friend just recently started learning Blender so i’d like to be able to put his meshes to use in builds like vehicles and even tanks
  4. My role in the developer community currently would be building and programming, this may change in the future
  5. Glad to meet you guys in this great community, I’ll be seeing you when i ask tons of questions on why my script won’t work in the future!! lol

Hello Everybody, I am new here and its a great pleasure to be a part of the forum

I have been playing Roblox since years. It was always my dream from young age to make a game on Roblox. I recently started developing so I am a beginner Builder / Programmer. There’s a lot to come in my Dev life I am still learning lots of things.
Thank you Roblox for accepting me :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m Kooltalha who got his recent membership and wanted to make an intro impact.
You might see me more often now on different threads. Feels good to be part of the community!

Howdy! I’m demofocus!

I’ve been playing Roblox for a while after my friend introduced me to the platform. I really enjoy helping people and I’m excited to be a part of the devforum as I feel this is a key place that I can help out however I can!

I’m really excited to start talking with people and I hope I can help with whatever you need! Feel free to shoot me a direct message on here or on my twitter (linked to my devforum profile) and i’ll try and help you as soon as I can! :smiley:

Hi I’m Ace_GameAdventurer, you can call me Ase like all my friends does.

I have found about roblox because of my old classmates back in 2015. They were talking about this specific game called roblox then i tried to join in their conversation and knew about the game and downloaded it as soon i got home. Though my old acc is created back in 2015 but my current account is created around 2018 for the reason that i lost my old acc when i stopped playing it.

I was always interested in developing since i joined roblox and understand on how it works. I started as just creating some random stuffs and just create for fun back in my old acc.

Right now my goals are to be a better artist and improve my skills on making digital arts. Right now i just started on making digital arts.

Im an Artist

'Sup. I’m Isaiah, a game designer and a former Python programmer that doesn’t care at all.

1. I discovered Roblox in September 2015 by by seeing a pop-up ad while playing an emulated version of Street Fighter Alpha 3.

2. I got started with development in the Roblox platform three years later after I left the game because of mostly bad updates and came back because I wanted to make my first game. My laptop can’t handle Unity and Unreal Engine 2, and making Doom maps took too much work. After two months of reading the Lua documents, it was still hard to make a decent game, so I resorted to using free models instead.

3. I’m currently working on a new arena shooter called Crossroads With Guns. It’s Crossroads. With guns.

4. My role in the developer community is a builder or game designer.

5. I’m decent at C++ and Python but suck hardly at Lua because of its weird syntax.

1. I found Roblox through Youtube videos in around 2013 which led me into joining and signing up for Roblox.
  2. I’ve recently joined many roleplaying Starwars groups and decided to make my own which led me into development in the Roblox platform.
  3. I’ve yet to have no goals completed yet as I’ve recently started but I’ve been improving on my building skills through projects that have failed recently.
  4. My role in the developer community at the moment is a Builder.

Hello there! I am LeoTheNinjaWolfie900, and I am so excited to be using the DevForum as a development resource.

(How did you find ROBLOX) - In 2016, my friends recommended ROBLOX to me. I started playing, and I learned almost instantly that it had potential to be amazing in the future, and also at the present time in 2016. And here we are today, in 2020.

(How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?) I started in 2017 (I didn’t develop on the account I had in 2016) when I started using this current ROBLOX account to develop using free models, and was astonished to see how everything worked. I also took a peek at the scripts. I didn’t know much about scripting then, but I have gone such a long way since then which makes me very proud to see that.

(Current goals/achievements on the platform) My current goal is to learn more scripting and get my building skills more up-to-par. I am always trying to find ways to improve and I think that ROBLOX as a whole and the DevForum can really help me with this.

(What is your role in the developer community?) I would call myself an intermediate scripter, UI Designer and Builder.

Once again, I really think that ROBLOX has a great potential. I will be on the DevForum to learn and read more with the community. Thanks for letting me be apart of this amazing journey. I hope to see you all around!

I am new to the DevFourm, I worked very hard to be in here thank you.
I found Roblox because my friend Jack, He introduced Roblox to me, I found it fascinating how people worked together and crated a community So that is how my life on Roblox began.
I just want to make people on this plat form Happy, And become a better manager, Builder, And scripture.
I am a Builder, and Roblox manager, Thank you for reading :wink:

Hi, My name is teambowie(You can also call me Bow!). I was inspired to join Roblox because of Videos, A Family Channel and One of them was playing Roblox! It’s been a lifetime I feel like of how I have achieved goals and dreams of mine that I would never had! I’m very interested in creating a Career even though I am not even close to college out of building so that I can also express my showcases. I want to be a very good builder and be experienced, It’s been my dream to do that for a long time(Even not on Roblox.) because I’ve always been interested in building no matter what, and In the end, I got what I want and love my builds and games on roblox! It’s amazing the platform Roblox is and I’d love to be a player to watch it grow(In the Various Ways)

Hello Everyone!
My name is doddlehead26 and I’m a aspiring animator
I joined Roblox 4 years ago and like many others I played peoples games,but then I got curious so tried Roblox studio and learned the basics and I found out about animation,which quickly peaked my interest and my goal is to someday be great animator and to get more involved with this great community.