Introduction thread for new forum members

1. How did you find Roblox?
    In 2011, I was on a website called ninja kiwi. I was playing bloons tower defense when I noticed an ad on the side of my screen for roblox.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I saw a bunch of youtube videos on designing and realized I wanted to try it out for myself. Since then, I’ve expanded my knowledge in several other categories.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I want to fine tune my skills and eventually release my game.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I have experience with GFX, building, animation, art, and designing, but right now I’m mainly focusing on programming.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    I find it really funny that it took me 5 years to become a member.

1 Like

hello, my name is pierce4343!

1. I don’t remember how I found Roblox, due to me first joining back in 2013.
  2. When I first worked on Roblox Studio, I wasn’t too good at it (because I was very young), but at this current point of time, I like to work on my own games with friends! (by the way, ~80% of my games are abandoned)
  3. I’m hoping I can make a game that can get a lot of attention, and that a lot of people will enjoy!
  4. My best role in designing a game is being a modeler/builder
  5. I’m not good at 3D modeling.
3 Likes

I found Roblox in 2016 from a friends suggestion. (Fun Fact: I almost didn’t join!)
I got started developing on Roblox after I grew out of younger programming languages.
I found Roblox studio and thought “This is really cool! I can make my own games!”. So I began looking up tutorials on YouTube and gaining a lot of LUA coding knowledge.
My current goals are to create new experiences for the Roblox community! Specifically ideas that haven’t been highly saturated.
My role in the developer community is a Programmer! I also like to help mentor younger developers that are just getting started.
I would like to thank the Roblox Team for this amazing platform to work on!

1 Like

in the future, there will be a rtx 4090, and a youtube video called the amazing digital circus, this will happen in 2023

2 Likes

Hello everybody! I’m Void_Xiety, or as most of my friends call me, Void.
I found ROBLOX from an ad in 2011, when I initially played on “Guest” accounts, since I was little and had no clue how to make an account, until around 2013 when I made my very first account, in which I lost.

In 2014, I began to learn how to Build on ROBLOX, and I always loved how developers made really cool structures. This inspired me to insert a brick, and to practice! I’m still developing to this day, and run my very own group!

I have to say, my major goal for my ROBLOX future, is to become a successful GFX Designer, and Builder. I also find interest in Scripting, but don’t know that much other than a couple functions.

Since I love to make 3D GFX Renders of my friends Roblox Avatars, and have made 2-3 game thumbnails for people as well as a couple Group Icons, I’d like to declare myself as Artist in this community, as seen by the Role beside my name. I also love to build, and joined the group for that as well on the DevForum’s.

I’m so happy to start being included in the Developer forums, and cannot wait to help, and to get feedback on my work! I’m still learning a thing or two, so if I do something incorrectly, please do let me know!

Best Regards,
Void_Xiety :white_heart:

2 Likes

I found Roblox through a friend in the second grade, I’ve been playing ever since and I’m a Junior in High School at the time of this post.

I started developing for my first group just a few years later when I stopped hopping on and off guest accounts back in the day and settled on 1 account. I did so for my first Scotvian group known as the Scotvian Military and it was largely comprised of free models and ugly parts. Since then my development skill has improved.

Since the construction of the 1st group with only 200-400 members over a span of around 4 years I’ve published a game with 500k visits and 40+ concurrent at all times for the past few months. With the release of such a successful game we now have 2.9k members compared to the 400 we had a few months ago and we continue to grow.

I am a Game Designer and Community Owner.

Roblox has been an integral part of my experience and my status as a DevForum member would expand my abilities. The main reason why I play at all is because of my group. I’ll write an article on the history of my group sometime, not many groups last this long without dying.

Sincerely,

infantrymvn aka trumbama
Founder of the Republic of Scotvia

1 Like

Hello there! My name is ZonixGod. I first found Roblox because my cousin was playing it and showed it to me. I really got started with development with a group I used to own. Some of my current goals are to get better at building and scripting and to make a hit game. I am a game designer, working on a cafe game and a few other ones.

1 Like
    I think I was on youtube watching some videos and I seen people playing roblox and it looked fun so I decided to test it out
    I wanted to make my own games so I started messing around with free models and later on I started making my own models and make some decent games
    I have so many things I want to do but for now I just want to improve
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I am a builder/modeler and i’m really good at it I have been doing it for the past 3 to 4 years
    I am very excited, get ready to see me on the dev forum a lot.
2 Likes

heyhey I’m new to all of this & I hope 2 get 2 know all of you and contribute to the community : >

A really good friend of mine made an account for me and well there’s this now

I recently started a group and got into designing clothing!

I want to make clothing that everybody can lean towards. Whether that be in any style :slight_smile:

As said above I’m a designer but I’m also planning to learn a little bit of everything so we’ll see how that goes :cowboy_hat_face: :love_you_gesture:

5. Anything else you would like to include
    Sooooo if your looking to be friends or teach me about anything contact me through my dizzy or on rbx. Dizzy: ChuChu_Train01#6759 / Rbx: @Pinkachu_tish

Check out & join my group if you’d like! Distant Moonlight - Roblox >>

1 Like

Greetings! My name is yumricee, previously xDoMiNoXx from way back in 2012!

I remember I was playing those old 2-player online games with my brother and clicked on an old Roblox ad (with the original logo and everything), and am still going! I actually loved playing building games from the time when I first joined to now which inspired me to try my hand at game-making. I’ve researched so much and wanted to be part of this community that I finally got here.

My short-term goal is to get a hang of programming, and eventually, I could complete my overall goal, to make a front-page game! Although, I have an inability to be confident of my work, I wish to overcome that in the process.

As for my abilities, I’ve been trying my hand at 3d modeling, GFXs, GUIs, composing, but building is where my talents lie.

In the process of it all, I wish to see the community to develop with me and to make friends.

1 Like

Hi, members of the Roblox devforum.
I’m happy to be accepted to the forum.

Since my discovery of Roblox, I’ve always wanted to create games for others to play and I am already working on my very first game which I will soon release onto the platform

I am best at programming but I can also create graphics and builds.

I plan on making m good use of the devforum to maximize my abilities.

1 Like

Hello there, my name is MaddameMari!

I found ROBLOX in 2016 by a friend who told me about it! Back in 2017 I believe it was, a friend of mine had an F3X game and our friend group would build stuff together! Over the past few years, I have been getting more interested about the developing aspect of ROBLOX! My best achievment so far is having 2 games with over 1k visits (group games)! At this moment of time, I do not classify myself as anything as I’m still testing out different things until I find the position I enjoy the most. Anyways, thank you for accepting me in, I’m very grateful to be a part of this community!

Have a great day,

MaddameMari :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hello! I am Golden_DartFrog.
A bad idea for a name, probably. I just love those little creatures. They are beautiful but very poisonous.
I’ve heard about Roblox’s platform from a friend of mine, I started developing almost immediately, I enjoy using the Roblox Studio, it was pretty easy to learn Lua.
I am a humble programmer and GFX creator.
I’m looking forward to see you all in the future.

Hi!, I find roblox 4 years ago because my brother said me of a cool game, and i confirm its a cool game :slight_smile:, I started with development 4 years ago too, but my skill of building increased one year ago, My current achievements are, Bricksmith Badge, Friendship Badge, Homestead Badge, Welcome To The Club Badge and veteran badge…

My role on developer community I guess its Builder.
I want include this burger blox that i made yesterday

UPGRADED : 1231231.PNG

Hello! I’m a new member.
I found roblox a few years ago because by friends kept talking about it. I started a few months ago and got into development a few weeks after that because it was very fun to create my own games and not be limited to just kits from youtubers. My current goals/achievements on ther platform include: Finishing my story game, I made a cool lightning effect in a game, 2,000 visits across my games that I have made, I scripted a game called “The Breaker Show”, I have made a game called “City Hangout” for my friend in the group “Team Aw3some”, and have created some menu UI that I think is really cool. My role in the developer community is a scripter.

Hello there! I am Jativez, and personally I am named Jay. I found ROBLOX in 2016 from being invited by a friend. I started developing in 2017, I was inspired by many builders on the ROBLOX platform. My current goal is to set an advantage to become ONE of the biggest realistic & low poly builder on ROBLOX. As said above, I am a ROBLOX builder.

I would also like to say welcome to the newest Members who have also made it as well. Also, thanks to the Developer Relations for accepting me as a Member.

I found Roblox in 2016 when a youtuber I was watching played the normal elevator. I decided that it looked fun so I went ahead and made my own account and started playing and had a lot of fun. Some time later I found out about Roblox Studio and had alot of fun messing around and building. Now Ive started learning blender and found out that Im decent-ish at animating. Uhh whats next, goals? Id like to have a small team in the future and maybe learn a bunch more lua. I hope to make new friends and have good times here in the dev forum! :slight_smile:

1. I saw my brother playing when I was young, and really wanted to join!
  2. Some of my artistic friends were getting commissions on here and feedback, and I’d like that as well!
  3. To set up a good profile!
  4. 2D Drawing!
  5. I love to do drawings, for anything.

Hi guys, so basically I am a teenager who programs roblox games, I started this year and I am realy proud of what I have achevied !

PS : Im sure you are asking yourself « What is this head », I received it in april from StarMarine.

See you,
Fabrice :smile:

1. An old friend of mines shown me, & he no longer plays it
  2. Got inspired by gfx artist & some close friends of mines doing them/ posting them and I started learning from there.
  3. Well my achievements rn is to keep learning gfx until I do better than my renders & probably learn more of it.
  4. My role would probably be gfx artist (but I’m not sure since I just started 2018/2019 ish)
  5. probably got nothing on this part