Introduction thread for new forum members

1. An old friend of mines shown me, & he no longer plays it
  2. Got inspired by gfx artist & some close friends of mines doing them/ posting them and I started learning from there.
  3. Well my achievements rn is to keep learning gfx until I do better than my renders & probably learn more of it.
  4. My role would probably be gfx artist (but I’m not sure since I just started 2018/2019 ish)
  5. probably got nothing on this part

Hiya! My name is Taylor, and my username is allocated as ervful. I found ROBLOX through their company promoting their services on YouTube, as well as the on-going growth of their community when the game was published. :wave:

I was inspired by other designers to pursue my dream of developing, in which I further came across graphic designing and building. :eyes:

My aspirations are to become a successful graphic designer as well as builder, and successfully become a known commissioner. :smile:

GFX Artist and Builder.

1 Like

Hello, I go by Elijah but my username on Roblox is Cynxx.

I had a classmate in grade five who sat next to me in our seating plan and he kept mentioning ROBLOX on a day to day basis so I got curious and looked it up one day. I ended up making an account sometime in April of 2014 I believe. Eventually, it led to me switching to this account because I had lost the password for my original one.

When I started to explore the site a bit more I realized that I was able to create games if I really wanted to and I found myself trying out the different tools and modes in Studio. I’ve been playing around with development tools since 2015.

My current goals as of this moment are to create some showcases, maybe even get back into GFX because I used to love being able to commission for others. :smile:

My role is a Builder, GFX Artist, and I’m looking into becoming a modeler and possibly a programmer because I am very independent when it comes to developing.

Just that I like the color purple and that I hope my games don’t turn out badly because of my colorblindness :laughing:

Hello My name is zpecx,

I found ROBLOX in 2016 via Watching a YouTube video,
I found my love for development when I started just playing around with ROBLOX Studio,
Some of my goals are to create/work on a successful game that other users can enjoy,
I have lots of roles in the developer community e.g scripting, building, gfx, Gui and Game-art (Gampasses)

zpecx signing off, :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. How did you find Roblox?

Someone told me about how much fun it was about 4 months ago.

1. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I found out about Roblox Studio and gave it a spin. Loved it.

1. Current goals/achievements on the platform

Develop a game that is fun and engaging and maybe make a living out of doing it.

1. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)

All of the above although I am most comfortable programming and building.

1. Anything else you would like to include

My first game on the platform. It is still an Alpha and subject to change, I would welcome any constructive feedback but even if no one likes it I have had great fun developing it! Go Roblox.

https://www.roblox.com/games/5211200254/Trekkie-Alpha

It is an honor to be accepted into this wonderful community. :partying_face:
Happy Developing, Friends!

-BradsBiscuits

I found it because of youtubers playing it and it looked fun.

I started using free models because I didn’t know how to build or script but a few years later I learned scripting and most of the stuff in my game are scripted and built by me now.

Getting my game to the front page.

Programmer

No

Hi there, my name is Ben and my roblox username is Aspirinqz. I joined roblox in 2016 on a different account and then switched to this account in 2017 and I’ve been on roblox ever since. I created my own group which currently has 3.5k+ members and growing continuously. I love the roblox community, I’ve met so many nice people through roblox, some of which I am still friends with today. I’m excited now that I’m a devforum member and I look forward to some more great adventures and reading hehe, thank you!

Hello I just joined the dev forum because I needed something to do during quarantine. Also I’m not that good at scripting or building either.
My account was made in 2015
My group is…

https://www.roblox.com/groups/6653211/Crazy-Colors#!/about

Also if you under here then welcome

Hi there!

I found the game because my friends were playing and did not understand what this game is so I asked them and they told me Roblox I tried to play and I got addicted.
(Builder)
I started building things because I wanted to build a game for myself and my friend.
Founder of El Paso Border Patrol Roleplay and we have about + 38,000K people in the group

1 Like

Is a month considered new? Oh well.

Hi everyone! I’m an alt account for the DevForum, mainly a programmer who also enjoys game design!

Hello, I’m Embercol!

I feel really excited for joining the devforum, and it’s a honour for me to be here. I’ve been wanting to join since a really long time.

I found Roblox thanks to a friend I play games with, and I stayed on it due to the possibility of creating my own games.

I started just watching tutorials on youtube and messing around with what I learnt.

My goal on this platform is to make games people can enjoy! I want to make original games that haven’t seen before on Roblox, with the objective of making a fun experience for anyone instead of making a game just for the money.

I’m mainly a scripter, however I do a little bit of everything because I like making my games by my own.

I’m really glad I was given the chance to be part of this community! From what I’ve seen this is a really healthy and nice community wich I’m really proud to be a part of now! I hope the games I make become something enjoyable that people like. Thanks for accepting me!

2 Likes

Hello, I am excited to work with everyone here, meet new people and learn new things!

I found Roblox when I was on YouTube watching one of my favourite YouTubers at the time which was named The Pals, original Subzeroextabyte. I saw that they kept playing Roblox and I did the logical thing of trying it out for the first time and I absolutely LOVED it.

I started by making an obby called Solar Obby it was a small obby which mainly consisted of me duplicating the different pieces of the Obby Kit to try make a unique and fun obby. Other than that, I used free models only. The closest thing to scripting I’d do is copy and paste the script of the kill block from the Obby Kit in to a different block which didn’t have it.

:trophy: My current goals on Roblox Studio are probably to become a master of scripting and building. I believe that goal is far from now but I am positive that I will reach it one day.:trophy:

:hammer: The role I’d classify me as is mostly a programmer as that is what I am trying to do the most right now, however, I am alright at building but I don’t build the most detailed models if I’m being honest. Honestly, GFX and UI Designing is not for me just yet but I plan to try master that as well in the near future such as 2022. :hammer:

I would like to say thank you so much for letting me be part of this programme! I am very excited to join this and hopefully learn from other people to make more unique things and help more people! The kindness goes on! :smiley:

:smiley: :herb: Have a nice day! :herb: :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, I am Computer_Vibes

I am happy that I’ve gotten promoted to a member in the forums. I love to help and contribute!!
Q: How did you find Roblox?
A: I was introduced to Roblox when I was 9 from a friend at school. I quit playing for a bit and picked it back up in 2017.

Q: How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
A: I was 16 when I picked Roblox back up and at the time, I started to have interest in programming and content creation. Roblox was perfect for that because it made content creation very simple to pick up.

Q: Current goals/achievements on the platform
A: I like to make games just for pure enjoyment and I don’t plan to make money/robux off of my games. However, my goal is to improve my scripting skills and expand to building too. Maybe work with a group one day.

Q: What is your role in the developer community?
A: Scripting and an artist. I am practicing my building skills and I hope to be a builder.

2 Likes

As funny as it sounds I don’t have a clue anymore; I was too little to remember back when I made my first account.

I am in a community for a roblox game that isn’t run the way I’d want it to, so after suggesting some changes and being told that if I didn’t like the way it was run I could go and make my own game… I began doing exactly that. Around a week after I decided I’d do my own thing instead of just doing a game in the same fashion as the other guys’

It’s really simple, I just want my games to succeed and become something big in the platform.

Game Designer

I’ve been hoping to get into the forum for a while now, and I’m happy to finally join this community. I hope to meet new people in here and be a part of all this.

Hey, I’m orange632423, and I’m new here

I have been playing Roblox, which I found through my older brother, since 2013, and became a clothing designer at the beginning of 2020 because I enjoyed drawing traditionally and wanted to get into digital art. I was also inspired to do it because of my sisters and other designers who make cool stuff. Some hopes and goals I hope to achieve are learning to build and model stuff and improving on my clothing designs.

Anyways, I’m glad to get to be a part of this community. Bye! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello! My name is zosify. I’m a builder on Roblox and work with 3D modeling as well.

I found out about Roblox from one of my classmates in school a while ago, around 2015. I decided to try out Roblox, and eventually I started to grow fond of Roblox and all of its games. I played as a guest for a year until I made this account in 2016.

I started building in 2019 as something I would do once in a while. I got inspired by the design of different maps and many showcases. My inspirations have been AerialsAbove, SetDefault1, and many more skilled builders. I would build once every two weeks until in September 2019 I really decided to take it to the next step and build everyday, in my endeavors to becoming a great Builder and Modeler.

I have already contributed to several games, including Building Simulator 2 and Guesty. I am also the map builder for Math Simulator, and am a builder for a variety of upcoming games. I have accumulated 4,000+ followers on twitter and I am known for my builds and showcases.

I am a builder and also work with 3D Modeling.

I love drinking tea, rainy days, and pets.

3 Likes
  1. The way I found Roblox is actually an odd story. It was the summer of 2014, I went to my mom’s work constantly and I always took my laptop. At the time my mom’s co-worker got me to start playing Habbo hotel and another worker’s son (he’s about to graduate college now) introduced me to Dynamic Flight Simulator on ROBLOX. Dynamic Sim was popular at the time.
  2. I accidentally started developing. September of 2014 I accidentally entered the ‘Develop’ section of ROBLOX and I was curious. So, me being the curious guy I was clicked ‘Create Game’ and started inserting a lot of free models, and made my first game. Throughout the years, I would create more games inspired by popular games until three years ago where I would start building with my ideas and imagination.
  3. I have the basic achievements that every player would acquire throughout the years.
  4. I am a GFX Designer and I am mainly a builder.

I don’t quite remember how I found ROBLOX, but I know I have been a long time player for at least 4-8 years or so now. I remember when I first joined the wonderful games that were unique and were fun. :slight_smile:

I got started with developing on the Roblox platform with the ro-aviation industry. I haven’t built for actual people, but I was really young, piecing together things with no organisation, no increment settings, kind-of guessing what I was making without planning it, and that was what went on for a ton of builds. I do move on from and to ro-aviation and other things, but I usually build for fun.

My goals as a ROBLOX developer would be to try get myself accustomed to blender and making assets for myself, to where I can be able to build items for a team and make my own stuff. I also want to get better at scripting, because I currently am a novice but I am sort-of decent at building when I have interest.

I would say my roles would be as a builder and programmer as I have slight knowledge in both, and have little interest/experience in other fields of development.

I am happy I finally got to be a member, as I’ve been trying to figure out how long it’d take, and I’m excited to be able to post and chat within this community.

Hello! My name is datguytoday and it is so nice to finally be apart of the community!

I first found Roblox when my little brother showed it to me and I became instantly addicted to playing. I first started developing around a year ago. Just doing silly experiments and trying to figure out how Roblox Studio works. I gave up after a little while but I just recently started getting back into it and I am learning pretty fast! My current goal right now is to finish my own personal game that I am creating whether it is good or not. My role in the developer community would have to be a Programmer. I really enjoy programming even though I am not that good at it yet. I already need some help on a script that I am struggling with so I am off to create my first thread/topic! Bye and thanks for reading :D!