Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello guys, my name is lanzhoucowboy1, my English is not that great and im sorry but we all are in same, happy, ROBLOX community .I am builder and still learning, I all ways get inspired by other people’s work and I am keep trying to make my own stuff just good as other people’s. I am also trying working on modeling in blender. I think modeling is very cool skills. I find ROBLOX back in 2017 my brother told me about ROBLOX and I think ROBLOX is a very cool game! earlier in my life 2018 I was so inspired by other people’s game I was thinking man how can I be good at making a game on ROBLOX just like other devs and I keep researching on Google and Youtube and I find Roblox Devforum. That is basically it, and I learned DONT GIVE UP IF YOU DONT KNOW SOME THING KEEP TRYING UNTELL YOU DID WHAT YOU LOOKING FOR and, now I find a good place where millions people from all over the world can help me with my game and I was so happy. :smiley:

1 Like

Greetings! I am JixiPW and new to this Roblox dev. forum.

1. How did you find Roblox?
    My son told me about Roblox.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I started reading the Roblox API.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform.
    Develop a RPG game atm.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Programmer.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    Hi all!

1 Like

Hello fellow Developers!

I am Adama_NII and a new member at the Devforum. Thank you for letting me be a part of your community.

My friends at school played Roblox. They asked me if i wanted to join them. And I have been here since.

My father is a programmer. We played Roblox a lot. Then one day we agreed to go further and make our own game(s) with roblox.

Currently I am developing on a RPG game with my father. But I have a lot of ideas for new games in the future.

I mostly program, but I am happy to learn all aspects of game development…

1 Like

Hi my name is salah789 I have been in the developer forum for a long time but never actually become a member.

I found it on a advertisement in the old days
I started to play with studio several years ago
Having popular game
I do programming and building as well
I am happy to meet you all.

What’s up everyone? I’m goldenguy9 and I have been playing ROBLOX since 2013. I have been a scripter since around 2017 and my skills are always improving. I have no really “big” games, my most popular one is “Climb 99999 Stairs to win!”. However, I plan to work on some big things in the future. See you all around!

I’m dragon21x50 and Iam a UI designer and learning how to script.
I’m from UK and am 13 years old, I wanted to be in the developer forum to help people and for some help for myself
Many people also call me Crystal, you can call me that if you want

I found out about ROBLOX by my brother, he told me its a very fun game and it actually is!
my current goals are to become a successful developer and make fun games on the platform for people to enjoy
my role in the developer community is UI designer and im also learning to program

1. I originally found roblox on an AD from a flash website, Decided it looked interesting, and then i just got hooked.
  2. I always liked trying to make games, But i didnt really begin making an actual game until 2019.
  3. Currently working on my own game, SCIOPHOBIA reboot, and ive made Capital Zone, and New Delaware.
  4. Im an builder, 5 years of experience.
  5. Always open to new ideas.

i found roblox when my sister played it, that was when i was like… very young
and i got started when studio was installed with roblox player
my goals are to make enough robux to use devex and get money
my role is a builder, a little bit of scripter (ALWAYS SCRIPT ERRORS WHICH MAKE ME RAGE :angry: :angry:)

Hello Everyone!, Just got accepted in today!! :D, i would like to introduce myself:
First of all im a young developer, i like to program, build, ui design,and mesh for my projects, at the moment im not available for hiring, however i work on my projects which i will be posting here like a development diary, i love constructive feedback, and i would like to contribute this excellent community of developers, by making different questions, contributing with some ideas or solutions and most importantly be good and nice with the people here!, thanks for reading and that would be all for now, im going to attach some of my work here, just to make a little showcase.

4 Likes
  • I found Roblox In 2017 while my friend played it so I asked him
  • In 2018 I started design games on the Roblox platform.
  • Game designer of some groups.

Hello! I am JadensLua. I have been learning how to script for 3 years but finally got the hang of it a few months ago. (I know right, so long!) I was very excited to join the developer forum because I had been checking my notifications constantly every time I would come here for a tutorial! :joy:
I love how helpful this place is, I am very happy to be accepted into it.

I found Roblox at a daycare 6 years ago and my friend introduced me to it. It was with the old username invite system! I forgot her username though lol.

I got started with development when I wanted to make my own roleplay games. This was when I had zero knowledge on scripting and building and I was inserting free models into a place on studio.

I do not have any goals/achievements yet.

I am a builder and programmer. I hope to get into GFX and UI design though!

I am Tom Joe James

I found Roblox While I was Searching For a Game Development Platform

Currently I Did not Start The Development

To make a Game

game Designer

2 Likes
  1. How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox from my step sister. She started playing Roblox after finding an ad about it in the library that she went to, and while on the computer created an account.
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I really liked making things and had this mindset of something that I wanted to create back in 2014. It was all really block-like and new to me, but it was a lot of fun and took a bit of time for me to understand better.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I hope to one day either become a more successful developer as a 3D modeler or builder, and possibly even figure out how to program a game of my own.
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Builder and a beginner 3D modeler
  5. Anything else you would like to include

I first found Roblox five years ago when my younger brother started playing Pokemon Brick Bronze.

At twelve years old, my interests started to peak into development when I realized I could create my own games. Soon after, my first game was a tycoon (Thanks to Zednov’s Tycoon Kit)!

Once I realized I could be getting paid for doing what I love (Creating games). I’ve made it
a personal goal of mine is to use the Developer Exchange for the first time!

It’s hard to say my role inside this community, so I’ll say what I’m good at! Programming, Building, and UI Designing.

I appreciate Pokemon Brick Bronze a lot! Not only because it’s an amazing game, but for being my first impression on the platform. If my brother played another game, I might’ve not continued playing Roblox.

Hello guys!
I am new in this community and I intend to stay for a long time so I bet you guys will be seeing me often.
I am completely new to the Roblox site itself, it’s just been about 6 months since I joined the platform.
My current goal is to learn the basics of scripting, I have made some GFX for a game and that’s it and I surely think will be contributing some decent work in developing games and the site in general.

Hello there! My name is Solar_Pirate and I’m a Game Designer and Project Manager.

I found ROBLOX in 2017, when I was 11 years old, and played it with my friends a lot. I discovered Roblox Studio and started playing around with it. I wanted to create a simulator type game with my friends for fun and see how it would do in the platform. I told them about this idea and they all seemed to respond positively.

I worked with my friends on this fun project and we all brainstormed ideas for our game and important concepts we would need to learn. I managed this project and helped construct the game mechanics/design. I created reachable deadlines and delegated tasks and lessons to each of my friends so we could create a good game.

In the end we celebrated as we published our game and it got a good amount of visits and players in the first 2 weeks. We considered this a success and it was motivating to each of us as developers.

I’ve enjoyed the game design process and I’m now going to be starting more projects and create original gameplay mechanics by pursuing opportunities on the platform of Roblox.

This year (late 2020) I’m going to be starting my second roblox project titled “Duel Blox”. Planned to be a high quality PVP round based game.

Thank you very much for accepting me into the Roblox Developer Community and I’m very excited to work with and see the creations of the incredibly talented developers of Roblox.

1 Like

Yes, finally. It took me about a month to gain access to this developer forum, even though I had plenty of time. Now, my tale of coming to the Roblox platform is fairly short. Back in 2015 - 2016, my cousin was into this game with a bunch of lego characters. Naturally I’d ask him plenty of questions concerning the game, and he explained how many games he was playing are made by the community. So, 1-2 years later, I got the game on my mobile phone. That’s how I joined the platform, anyway.
A while later, I found the Studio application. My first game was just a baseplate with hundreds of potentially infected free models. It took me a long time to understand how the studio worked. By that, I mean just last year. Now, I just fix models, make some games for my group, and all that good stuff.
Like almost every other player on this devforum, I want to get rich. Rich and famous. But to get there, I have to do well in game building, modeling, and programming. So far, I’m just trying to get a good grip on Lua, and meshes. In the recent 5 months, I’ve made a group based on a game called “Mortem Metallum”. We get all of our funds from clothing purchases, and premium payouts. Though some people may take the funds of their groups for themselves, I have never paid any amount to myself. It is always given back to the members for their individual wants & needs, unless I find those “needs” pointless, and the “wants” outrageous.
My role in the developer community would be “Modeler”. Though I can do translation with Polish, and I know little German & Russian, I wouldn’t want to get paid to translate for someone. I love fixing models, and making stuff that is of little use, but still, useful. I usually assign this stuff to my groups.
Yep. That would be all. Thanks for reading, I put quite some time into writing this, and looking through stuff. marquee :smirk:

Edit: I was on as a guest at some point, before I registered, not sure when.

Hello I’m a new dev and I started playing roblox 2 years ago, of course if you see my profile in roblox It’s way under that I had 4 accounts on roblox 3 of them got hacked but now I’m secure with this account I think I’m good at building it’s been 3 months since I used roblox studio I don’t have blender that’s why I don’t do GFX or Icons. I have a certified certificate to show that I’m verified. And btw I need a Icon and Thumbnail creator for 35-50r$ for January 5, 2021 :blush:

[Temporarily Closed] so you guys can apply on January 2
Thank you, Rain4ce