Introduction thread for new forum members

Hi there, JohnyGamerTM speaking. Im also known as Johnny O. on some parts of the World Wide Web Nice to meet you all :))

I have started playing Roblox in mid 2015, as I was looking for new games to play on the tablet (since that was my first personal device to access the internet). Sadly, had to change accounts due to some unfortunate events, so I rejoined in march of 2018.(got password-guessed, but I still mamaged to save the old account later on).

One month later, I started to use Studio, as I wanted to recreate one of my favourite games (and guess what, Iā€™m somewhat still making it as I say it). So far I have around 3 projects under developmentā€¦

One of my Goals on this platform are to create games, that may amaze the players, and be able to help others into creating their dream games aswell!

Im somewhat skilled into modelling in CSG;
UI Designing and programming in lua are at a rookie levelā€¦

Thanks for reading and see yā€™all in the near future!

Hello, I am Softed! Nice to meet each and every one of you.

I started playing Roblox in late 2008 on another account and only recently migrated back to this left over account from my childhood. I have been actively reading and using the developer forums to benefit me in my projects ever since it came out, and prior to that spent most of my time on the scripting section on the Roblox forums which is now gone.

At this point, I have about 10 years worth of scripting experience with Lua and other programming languages, and will use this forum to contribute and help out other fellow programmers with their questions / projects. I also try to contribute by making my own scripting tutorials.

If thereā€™s anything else Iā€™d like to say about myself, Itā€™s that I also work as a programmer / developer for my city.

Iā€™ve gotten to know fellow community members throughout the years on Roblox and made some great friends some of which Iā€™d like to mention and thank, because I wouldnā€™t be here if it werenā€™t for them. They are SCS, LordNeo and IcyTea.

To watch SCS progress from a regular member to a Staff on Roblox was a truly happy sight to see, considering it was his dream come through ever since he joined. He not only made me realize thereā€™s joy in helping other people out, but made me realize that your dreams can in fact come true, no matter how impossible they seem. I also had a blast talking to him about scripting and showing him my projects. He gave me a lot of ideas which pushed me to become a better scripter.

LordNeo is probably my longest friend on Roblox, him and I had a lot of fun playing games and talking on the forums together.

IcyTea had really cool game projects on Roblox, and his unique builds gave me a lot of inspiration. He was also fun to talk to on the forums!

With all this being said, I hope to make great friends through these forums just as I have for these 12 years Iā€™ve been on this platform. Thank you for the memories so far, I look forward to the future!

Iā€™m glad to be on the forum! I like looking at other developer creations because they generally look quite awesome! Iā€™ll certainly be looking at more now that Iā€™m here!

Hello everyone! Iā€™m Riles, and Iā€™m very excited that I am now a member of the developer forum!

I first joined Roblox in the summer of 2015. Ah, I remember those times. I would play countless tycoons and obbies, somehow never getting bored of them. And now, 5 years later, I am making a game of my own for others to enjoy! I canā€™t wait to see what the future brings for this amazing community!

Sincerely, Riles

1 Like

Hellllooo iā€™m kinda new here. Itā€™s nice to meet you all and iā€™ll be happy talk to you all in the future!

Howdy iā€™m car1234555 or you can call me Carl for short. I joined Roblox way back in 2013 - 2014, I started building mid 2016 and stopped for a few months but started building again in the early 2019 iā€™ve gotten a lot better now :grinning:

I think thatā€™s all iā€™ve gotta say but iā€™m looking forward to meet you all!

Hi everyone! Iā€™m uhbrn. Iā€™ve been playing ROBLOX since 2011.

I am a Multimedia Artist; I dable in Graphic Design, Digital Art & Music Creation. I also do a bit of ROBLOX Studio Building!

I hope to become apart of a team of fellow developers and help create a game that the platform will enjoy. Glad to be here everyone!

1. How did you find Roblox?
    Well, I canā€™t really rememberā€¦ Sorry. :C
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I got into development when I decided to try it out back in 2013 because why not? Either way thatā€™s about it.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    Nothing much to do but grow and expand my group, and plan a games development.
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Well, just a builder for now.
  5. Anything else you would like to include.
    Nothing much Iā€™d like to put down on this, but perhaps in the future Iā€™ll edit this and give more information in the future.

Hi, Iā€™m new! and its an honor to be a member of the forum.

I found Roblox thanks to my cosine, and if it wasnā€™t for her Iā€™d probably not know aboutšŸ˜…
I got started after using roblox and after playing for 2 months, I really enjoyed it. But than I heard of Roblox Studio so I decided to do some research on it, and found out that I can make my very own game! Iā€™ve always wondered what was that place I had in creations on my profile at the timešŸ˜… Than 1 month of research I finally started developing. But I found that its not easy so I decided to some more research (Lua, building, programing, ui, modeling, and etc.). After a tremendous time of learning and researching I finally learned. But there is still a path that I must continue. My current goals are: 1.Getting better with Programing 2. Becoming an amazing Modeler 3. Becoming an advanced roblox lua scripter and 4. Working on the success of the roblox platform and my games(as well as others). My role in the developer community is Modeler, because after the time of researching modeling on roblox studio I found out that modeling is just the right thing that suits me and I still do modeling and practicing still today.

One thing Iā€™d like to include is that Roblox is the best, and in fact I use roblox on daily basses. If your reading this right now (from the future) Iā€™m telling you to never forget about roblox its the best gaming platform in all of earth (and I full on support it).

Fun fact: I actually made Roblox a hobby of mine nowšŸ˜‰

I was 5 years old, My cousin showed me. I started playing with him on my first account. Really enjoyed playing!
    I started getting into groups, all groups require games and I started to make small games for my smaller groups at age 10. I started getting more into it spending more time everyday. I enjoyed making scripts and kept learning new knowledge every day.
    I started off owning smaller groups and smaller projects and skills.
    I now own Chicken Express (43k Members)
    Developer for Atlanta Hotels
    Past Developer for Dino Daycare
    Past Developer for Sunset Hotels
    Many more but just some notable mentions!
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Iā€™m a programmer. I program in Lua, Python. Iā€™ve also been learning how to design UIs!

Hi there!

I found the game because my friends were playing and did not understand what this game is so I asked them and they told me Roblox I tried to play and I got addicted.
I started building things because I wanted to build a game for myself and my friend.

• Owner of El Paso Border Patrol Roleplay (38k+ Members)

Hello ! Iā€™m a really old player of roblox and since I finished my studies I wanted to create videogames.
I started out by doing some tutorials ( I forgot the name but a website with interactive tutorials in the studio directly. )
I want to make games that people will like and play for fun ( I hope at least ). Iā€™m making my games alone so I make everything myself.

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m steelcurtainit and just officially became a forum member. Excited to make this my first post and become an on-going contributor :grinning:. Iā€™m a life long gamer going all-the-way back to the simpler days of N64 and OG PlayStation. Did I just date myself lol. Also have been working in the industry for the last several years. Anyways Iā€™m excited to be a part of what Iā€™ve seen to be a very welcoming, passionate, and encouraging community and look forward to connecting, learning, and of course sharing.

I actually discovered Roblox through my nephew. I was looking for age appropriate things to play with him when he suggested Roblox and we gave it a try. Been playing and soaking it all in ever since. So much so that I convinced our studio into developing our first Roblox game - Monster Planets. Keep an eye out for it :wink:.

Well I would say Iā€™m still getting started. Definitely more of the Game Design archetype with some very basic Builder chops. Been spending this year really learning the ins/ outs of Roblox and now am full fledge designing our first game which weā€™ll be sharing with the community for feedback very soon.

TBD but the skyā€™s the limit right?!? Ultimately want to get my first game out before the end of 2020 and use that as learning spring board to iterate and improve, but also apply those learnings for future games in 2021 and beyond.

Game Designer with very basic Builder skill, but also have some business and analytic chops.

5. Anything else you would like to include
Think I covered a lot of this up top, so will just say that Iā€™m glad to be here and looking forward to connecting and learning from the community. Also really canā€™t wait to share what Iā€™ve been working on. Last shameless plug I swear - Monster Planets (coming soon).

Hello, here are some things you might like to know about me!

Who am I?
I am a game tester! I would love to upgrade my skills and extend my knowledge.

Where do I plan to show my skills?
I plan to show my skills on Devforum and Roblox .

Extra information/requests
I am a game tester. I will be willing to take any offers to test out games. My payment is preferably R$ but it may be perks such as game passes and stuff like that.

Please, tell me if I posted this on the wrong topic and if there are any extra questions feel free to ask me.

-iiMymindofsxtne.

Hey! Iā€™m zluq and it is a big honour to become a member of the forum. I am currently 18 years of age and have been playing on ROBLOX ever since 2012 when I was 12 years old.

I am currently a Content Creator and a Graphic Designer. I am glad to be welcomed in this community filled with Developers! Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

Greetings! I am Darknut, or simply DN. I finally decided to join the Dev Forum after all these years. Iā€™ve been around ROBLOX since February of 2008- back in the platformā€™s early days! I was in fifth grade at that time. Back then, I thought ROBLOX was the coolest online game- And now I think it is one of the best creative platforms out there!

Initially, I built various places and games throughout the years. I also participated in a couple video contests, the two big ones being ROBLOX Rox 2009 (Gold-Tier Winner), and the First Annual Bloxy Awards 2013 (Winning best trailer at NYC BloxCon!). Eventually, I retired from building games to pursue my true career interest: Graphic Design & Illustration.

Which brings me to now. After going inactive on the platform for a few years, I have returned to provide said graphic design & illustration services to various content creators on ROBLOX! Especially providing concept art for UGC accessory creators, of which dozens of my design handiwork can be found on the avatar shop. Concept Art, illustrations / artwork, and graphic designs- You name it! Art and design is what I like to do, and I am happy to provide it to those who need it! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, my name is Divinus_Venandi, some know me as Leon, Vince, or Ech_Pi.

Iā€™ve been playing roblox for about 6 or 7 years, though Iā€™m not entirely sure how I found the site.

Iā€™m relatively new here on the dev forum, and only really started investing time into this after I began to work on more advanced projects. Initially, I began developing because I wanted to create a community better than that of a former group I had been in.

Iā€™ve only really done 6 or 7 projects, and I think my biggest achievement, (though not my proudest) would have to be my time working for The Church of Decay. (It was my 4th ever project, and I had just gotten into 3D modeling at the time, specifically for that project) and it had a great payout.

Iā€™m a builder and 3D modeler, primarily working in the cult genre of roblox.

I specialize in medieval and the very specific genre of early 1900ā€™s whaling towns. The latter of which being my most recent project style.

1 Like

Hey I am NatF1etch.
I originally found ROBLOX in February 2016, one of my friends recommended me to play the game and I did. I instantly became fascinated at the fact that there are lots of games to play and lots to do.

I got started with development on ROBLOX by opening ROBLOX Studio and I wanted to learn how stuff works inside it and how to make my own game.

My current goal is to make a game that people will enjoy playing and hopefully to even get it on the front page. Itā€™s a pretty hard goal but with enough practice, perseverance, and patience I think I could pull it off.

My role in the developer community would probably be Programmer as it is my best skill out of the rest. I can build but it takes a while for me to build something that looks decent that Iā€™d want to show to others but either way building and programming are my two favorite.

Hello, my name is legowego! Iā€™ve been a ROBLOX player for about 12 years now, peeking into places and the development every now and then, but Iā€™ve REALLY gotten back into it after recently introducing a couple of my friends to ROBLOX. I remember originally finding it back on a game dev forum that I used to visit in 2008, and after watching that classic trailer showing off all the different builds, I knew I had to download it. The olā€™ laptop wasnā€™t exactly suited for a game like ROBLOX at the time, but that sure didnā€™t stop me!

Of course, once I got hooked on ROBLOX again, I found myself messing around with Studio. However, a lot has definitely changed since I last messed around with Studio! With the help of the developer wiki and these forums, Iā€™ve been figuring out the new ways of doing things.

Iā€™ve been working on a tycoon-like game inspired by the more modern freeform tycoon places. Iā€™m still a bit scared about dipping into the player data saving stuff, but I recently got the playerā€™s building successfully saving to JSON, so I think Iā€™m halfway there! Iā€™m admittedly a bit worried about the DataStore character limit compared to the size of my game, but I suppose Iā€™ll cross that bridge once I get there.

Outside of ROBLOX, I have dabbled with different aspects of game development. I gotta say that ROBLOX is definitely what helped further my interests in game development. I feel that in ROBLOX, I am most comfortable with building and programming, but Iā€™m definitely down for some graphic and UI design.

All in all, Iā€™m excited to be messing around with Studio once again, and Iā€™m glad to be here!

Hello everyone! I just got promoted to member and Iā€™m really excited to be participating in conversations with you guys! I found roblox about 5 years ago, when i saw one of my friends playing Redwood prison. So then I found out that he was playing roblox, and I created my first ROBLOX account, kingarthurofcameloti (very creative i know). And eventually, I created my current account, Filipinos_Rules, which I changed the name of mainly because everyone thought i was filipino, WHICH IM NOT.I got started on development on Roblox about a year ago, when i knew literally nothing about coding/scripting, and i built a few obstacles and posted it as a game. And recently, around October, Me and my friend started working on a game called The Porg Obby. I have not really achievent anything on this platform, but I hope to become a really good coder/scripter. My role is mainly programmer, but i do building and other things. My partner P0_RG does more of the building. Iā€™m going to be asking a few questions on the forum, and again, hi!

Hello there!
Iā€™m DarknessDo123, iā€™ll be using this topicā€™s format:

I stumbled upon it on my old laptop that was passed down by my mother, my brother apparently played Roblox on it.
    I was exploring Roblox, and i found Roblox Studio, unfortunately i am bad at making games.
    Iā€™d like to be a tester for Roblox games, i like helping the Roblox community!
    Tester
  5. Anything else you would like to include
    Iā€™m new to testing, and i would like to get some tips, give me some!