Introduction thread for new forum members

Hi, Im 334901766 and I uh… script…

I’m Skilled_BaconHead! I’ve been developing for 2 years now! Didn’t started too serious but now I have improved. I mostly do graphic stuff and I’m beggining to learn some scripting but not that much…

hello everybody
I’m a new member here.

1 Like

Hi! My name is Slayer, and I first started playing Roblox back in 2012 on an old account. Got into developing last year.

1. How did you find Roblox? I really don’t remember, it was quite a while ago and I was only around seven at the time.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? At first I was just a random with no building experience who used free models. Since then, I’ve been working my way up to becoming a professional builder.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform: My final goal is to become a well known Roblox game developer.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc) I am a builder who also wants to learn scripting.

5. Anything else you would like to include? I really don’t know what else to say, so…

Hello! :wave: I’m sushiodevs, and I joined the Developer Forum.
You can also call me Josh! I never used tutorials a lot as a fact!

How did I find Roblox?
I found Roblox on youtube in 2016, and asked my dad to install it on my IPad!
Then after a few years, I get a PC and usually play roleplay games. Then, I thought that I wanted to make a group of my own, so I did, but it did not work out, bad map, no training, etc.

How did I get started with development on this platform?
Development unveiled itself to me when I made the group mentioned up there ^^.
The map was so bad! The baseplate was white, with studs, no roads, and just free models.

After I kinda stopped there, and just continued to mess around with studios after that.
Then I found a lot of solutions lol.

My Goals and achievements on the platform
My goals are:

• Find a job to do, and find more motivation to do it-

• Explore more skills, and hacks to development.

• Maybe more, can’t think of any more.

My achievements are:

I can’t think of any other than having 1k+ plays on one of my games, It blew over, unfortunately.
I thank my friend for the developing assistance for the game.

What is my role in the developer community?
I do building! I was learning scripting but might continue.
I also do some sort of art and GFX.

That’s all I guess! Wish to know some of you, maybe work together too!

Hello, since I am new to the developer forums I just thought I would hop into this conversation and have an introduction of myself.

My username is painfultacoking, I have been apart of roblox for over 4-5 years and I have had two accounts. I found roblox off of some friends of mine and have enjoyed it ever since I got the app on my ipad. I then downloaded it on my computer and have been developing for a while. I got started off of just making simple games, which had no scripts and were not that good. After 1-2 years, I got better at developing and started to join groups on roblox to develop. I would say my main goal would be for my group to continue to grow and become successful. I mostly build but I have been teaching myself to script as time passes. Anyways, I hope I will be a good addition to the developer forums!

Hi! I’m Nosadfaces.
I am really glad that I got accepted and now a member of the DevForum!

I found Roblox off a Youtube Video of someone playing Bunny Island by TheCoderBunny in 2016, and in fact, it was the first ever Roblox game I played! I started developing around early 2017 when I first bought Builders Club and opened my first Roblox group, it consisted of a Cafe that was poorly designed since I was new to developing at the time. The group now has over 80 members and still growing, which I’m glad for! However, I have multiple groups and games now and I believe all the members in all of my groups add up to about 315 members, which amazes me at how far I’ve gotten. I am mainly a game designer considering I am a solo developer of my “game brand”, but I mainly specialize in Building and currently learning UI Design (really fun to do btw). I hope that I can expand my groups and have popular games in the future!

Greeting! I am Cynical_Billy, mostly referred to as Cynical.

I joined Roblox back in 2013, after seeing an ad for it while browsing the internet. I was only a player on the platform until 2014, when I first discovered Studio after fumbling around on the site. Ever since I was little, I’ve always been intrigued by games and how they were created, which is what drove me towards attempting to make my own. My current goal on the platform is to release a fully functional game, and attempt to nurture it to the front page. What I mainly do is building and modeling, while also doing a bit of scripting as well. Here and there whenever I need to, I also design my own UI. That’s really about all you need to know about me. I look forward to seeing and being able to experience the future of Roblox.

Hello! I’m GreyJan and I joined the platform back in 2014. (2012 if counting old accounts!) I found out about ROBLOX through an advert. The first game I played was Build a Tropical Islame Empire! Tycoon by bravenickdude .

I’ve only recently gotten into serious developing despite having spent the last 2 years taking Computer Science courses (and getting an A at the end!) I hope to bring my programming skills from other languages across to Roblox and am aiming to enroll in the DevEx program by the end of 2021.

Feel free to contact me!

Roblox
Twitter
Discord: GreyJan#7350

Greetings everyone. I am CodeGenerator3000 and I’m pretty new to the platform. I’m not much of a player but I am game developer (used to work in the industry a long time ago - think Playstation 1).

How did you find Roblox?
My kids started playing. We got them to learn programming so to help them out I decided to learn Roblox programming as well (helps that programming is my profession).

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
There is a video game I have been trying to make for over 10 years. I made it on Flash and then flash died, so I was not happy to have to recreate it again in HTML5. But Roblox made it easy - solving problems of scaling, advertising, coding, etc. I was eager to try again.

What are your current goals/achievements on the platform?
I am the creator of Space Avengers:
https://www.roblox.com/games/5747723026/Space-Avengers?refPageId=af6b7526-5a39-4008-8376-796417e51d0b
I’m planning on developing more ‘space like’ games in Roblox.

What is your role in the developer community?
Coder, game designer.

Anything else you would like to include?
Also busy starting a VR arcade. Might look into Roblox’s support for VR.

1. It was a free game I found on the XBoX store.
  2. I somehow found the Roblox developer page a long time ago.
  3. Make a front page game.
  4. I’m a programmer and GFX designer and logo maker.
1 Like

Hi, I’m shooter7620. It’s been so long since I first found Roblox that it’s a little difficult for me to recall how I first got there. Let’s just say while I was browsing around on the Microsoft Store, I happened to find Roblox so I decided to play as a Guest for my first time. I got started with development when I wanted to develop something of my own without usage of free models so I started with learning to script, although I’m still unfamiliar with many aspects of Lua and the default game scripts. My goals for now are to become well-versed in programming with Lua, and to learn building with curvature. I like to think of my role in the developer community as a programmer.

1. I found Roblox in 2014 from a youtuber in my country I used to watch.
  2. When I started developing games on Roblox my knowledge on game development was very slim and I mostly only used free models when it came to making games in studio and I also built on games with the now gone feature called “Build”.
  3. I have achieved many things on Roblox such as getting 90k+ place visits and getting pretty rich by trading limiteds on the platform. My current goals for the future on the platform is getting to a place where I can live of developing Roblox games (a man can dream).
  4. I mostly do programming in the games I work on so my role could probably be called programmer.
  5. No, not really.

Hello, I’m plenty of new here but already looked almost all trough topics to read all these neat posts :wink:. Wish to have a good time here!

Well I started playing roblox in 2012 .(As a guest! I din’t know how to make an account :sweat_smile:) From what i know it was probally because mine friends in school sayed that roblox was a shockingly good game- Oops! Platform :expressionless: (That no lies roblox is reaaal good!), and It was really fun to play it everyday! After that in 2014 I made an account to be able of having access to things that I din’t have as a guest (Like chatting).

In 2016 I started wanting to be a developer, because I liked the idea of a game made by me being played by a variety of people, but well I was just 9 so :upside_down_face:
Letting the time pass from where I am today, 2020 (Oh well this year) from where i started to have a will for scripting and make games! I still learning and there’s alot from me to learn!

(Sorry for mine bad english!)

1 Like

A little late to this but I feel like doing it lol
1. How did you find Roblox?
Pretty strange story, back in 2011 at a friend’s birthday, one of his brothers was playing Roblox on a computer. I was interested in it, but didn’t want to ask. A few months later, an ad for Roblox appeared and I began playing as a guest. It’s been 9 years since. My current account was made in 2012 however (had at least 2 previous ones that I lost due to forgetting my password)
2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
A story I told in the “what age you began developing” thread, but basically I first started making stuff in 2013 with free models but began taking development more seriously in 2018.
3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
I really don’t have many goals, I guess I want to be a somewhat known creator though
4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
I’m not great at building, and I can’t do anything with Lua, but I’m great at music, art and animation! Just sucks people are rarely looking for those lol
5. Anything else you would like to include
I’ve been making music since 2015, taking art seriously since 2018, and animating since 2014(!)

3 Likes

I found roblox about 7 years back, I was 8, I found roblox out of sheer coincidence from youtube.
I can’t really remember but I’m pretty sure it was from a video, after that I kinda just flowed smoothly into roblox lua, and can now almost dev, I can say for sure I’m bad at it though.
Well for one at the time of posting this, fix my studio, two, become a more professional programmer, and three, hopefully become a successful game developer.
4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
Programmar, learning a bit of UI.
hi

I’m not sure as my memory isn’t that good, but I probably saw it through a youtube video around five years ago when I first joined.
I was developing from when I first joined, but when I actually got “serious” about developing was around lockdown this year. :eyes:
I hope to learn Lua better and become an advanced programmer.
I have only released one real project: (Thought it’s not very good)
https://www.roblox.com/games/6116134802/ALPHA-Mountain-Bunker-Tycoon#!/game-instances
I do a bit of everything, Intermediate UI, Basic Programming and Intermediate Building.
While I’m probably not “qualified” to be a proper game tester, if you have a game you have made and would like me to play it and give feedback I always love doing so :slight_smile:

Greetings!

I’d like to introduce myself; though i’ll try and be succinct.
I’m GuardedJumper155, a member of the platform for ca. eight years.

Building/Asset Development hasn’t necessarily been relevant to me until recent; having only been seriously building for a couple months now.

Nothing is quite set-in-stone for what I’d like to achieve yet; still figuring that one out, haha. ^^´´

1 Like

- How did you find Roblox?
I found roblox on YouTube while watching some YouTubers playing it.

- How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
I started with developing at the begin of 2019, but really started using all my knowledge that I learned during all the time now in September 2020.

- Current goals/achievements on the platform?
I have a goal/achievement directly now for the begin of 2021, it’s that the game I work on with my small team now for 2 weeks straight even during christmas and all would be accepted for Egg Hunt 2021. Yes, it’s hard to get in, but for one time we do our best to make people experience in it not boring with the theming of egg hunt and all if we would get accepted. We readed trough many Tweets and Comments about the subject so that we don’t do all these mistakes and at the end people won’t miss the quest they had done in our game.

- What is your role in the developer community?
I am Builder and Programmer, but currently I am mostly scripting, because I am the only one in my team that scripts.

- Anything else you would like to include?
Yes, I wanna wish you all a Happy New Year 2021 and hope that all your goals/achievements will be successfully appear in that year.

1 Like
  1. I found Roblox by watching YouTubers Playing the game.
  2. I discovered Roblox Studio and I started messing around with it. I was then very interested in making my own games?
  3. Growing a good group.
  4. I mainly script. (Lua)
  5. I have been on the platform for 4 years now.