Introduction thread for new forum members

Love the name, very topical.

Looking forward to seeing what you make!

2 Likes

Welcome!! Love the name!

2 Likes

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself, since I am now a new addition to the Developer Forums.

My name is kryst_l, better known as kry. I’ve been a member of ROBLOX since 2013, and started my journey of gaming development in 2016. I am quite inactive nowadays, but I hope to make a big contribution when I happen to have more time. I am still quite the beginner, which is why I searched out this website to get some more tips on scripting. I’ve been attempting to get in for a while, so I’m really excited to be a part of this community.

I thank everyone who has decided to allow me in, and I really look forward to future development.

6 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Oh very cool. I remember talking to you on Twitter once, super happy to see you here!

2 Likes

Welcome!!

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome! :smiley:

1 Like

Nice to see you also got in too ekosi.

2 Likes

Nice to see you got in too!

1 Like

Hello!

Although I believe that many of you already know me, I will introduce myself to the public that doesn’t. I am Joy, a 16 years old teenager living in Canada. I joined ROBLOX in 2009 on a different account, after seeing multiple advertisements, which got my attention.

I’ve been programming since 2015, and I find it extremely interesting how you can make pretty much anything from scratch! Anyways, I hope I can contribute as much as I would like to in the ROBLOX Dev forum! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome! :handshake:

4 Likes

Welcome!!

3 Likes

Yes!
Another Canadian!

3 Likes

Hello! My name is [redacted], I like to make some super GFX! Hmu if you want some :wink: oh and, Nice to meet you all.

5 Likes

Hey! my name is Ash, and I like to make whatever tends to pop into my mind!

I joined ROBLOX in 2008 after my brother and his best friend showed me the site. I started developing with free models, but can’t remember much past that. My current goals for the platform are all over the place, but right now I’m working with Raslito on a small game that pays homage to the old school ROBLOX “Destroy ____ to win!” style of games, but it’s more modernized. I can almost every aspect of game design on my own fairly well, but I prefer to program or model things.

6 Likes

Welcome!!

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m astrospacekid on Roblox and astrospacekid on twitter.

I’ve been accepted into the dev forum for a few months now, but have been very, very busy with school (I’m an industrial design major in college, I’m learning to make technical drawings and product concept models for engineers) so I’m just getting to this post now :sweat_smile: .
I’ve been playing and building games on Roblox for 9 years now, which has been a huge part of my life. I’ve always tried to be a part of the larger Roblox community over the years and have been to events like Bloxcon 2013, a couple Maker Faires and even visited Roblox headquarters in 2014. I’m very excited to now be a part of the dev forum! I plan on learning more Roblox studio skills over the summer after my fast approaching spring semester, and I hope I can possibly attend RDC 2018 as I found last years stream online very helpful and just generally interesting.

Overall, I’m just generally excited to get to use the dev forum as a resource!

7 Likes

Welcome!!

2 Likes

just a Game Developer that love’s to use/ make 3rd party apis, creating games such as a live time weather calculator for a current location, subcriber counters, and other fun stuff. before roblox i was doing unity engine. so i got quite some knowledge

3 Likes