Introduction thread for new forum members

SAME IM ABOUT TO CRY

No I’m serious this is beautiful

13 Likes

Hello! I’m honoured to have been accepted into the forum! I’d like to thank TypicalType, worthyshiningkazoo and speedydude900 for nominating me to get here and supporting me and my game.

I suppose I should introduce myself; I’ve been here since 2009. I made this trash fire called “Build to the Survive the Killbots” and got first spot on the front page at 600+ players with it…and immediately thought I was hot stuff. I’ve grown a lot past that, thankfully. Nowadays, I’m working on the game Monster Islands. If you haven’t heard of it, don’t go looking for it…at least not yet; the main game aspect is currently undergoing huge upgrades. I’d say my biggest strengths are scripting and music composition, although I still have a lot to learn in both, and I’m also getting there with building and animation.

Can I showcase one of my music works? I’ve seen some introduction posts do that, and I want to show this because it took me three months to make this thing and you bet I’m going to rave on about it!! ahem Below is an Original SoundTrack I created for Monster Islands for the first form of the final boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDiEJwReGqY

Thanks for the opportunity and I’m looking forward to interacting with the forum. :smile:

19 Likes

Hello everyone, just got an email this morning saying I was accepted into the forum, was so excited! Pumped to be a part of this! I’ve been playing Roblox since 2008 and since then I’ve been learning and expanding my knowledge on how to create games. Now I’m accumulated enough to be able to make an entire game on my own, that being Captivator! :smiley:

Link to my game for those curious:

13 Likes

so far 27 people got in according to this. Probably makes sense though because theres was a long period where no one came in

“Welcome Everyone” x27

10 Likes

hey i got accepted

30 Likes

Hello everyone! You can call me polar. I’m sure you’ll see me snooping around the forums a lot as I work on developing my new game, Floopcity, with Roblox intern @cowbear16.

Here’s a little blurb about me:
Roblox has been a central part of my life since 2008 when I first started playing with my brother, Brandon LaRouche. During the years since I used my experience with Roblox to further develop myself and the community to the point where we both are today. It has led me to great and relevant experiences and to develop useful skills including those in numerous languages such as Lua, C++, C, C#, Python, and Java.

Roblox has led me to great experiences that establish my professional skills and qualifications. Among other things, during the last several years I have developed and published several iOS applications alongside @cowbear16 reaching over 600,000 users and millions of interactive sessions for Double Trouble Studios LLC., of which I am the Chief Creativity Officer.

I spent 2016 away from Roblox but I’m glad to say that I’m back and just as dedicated as ever.

Finally…
If your interested in our upcoming game ‘Floopcity’ or any of our iOS applications, shoot me a message here or on twitter (@polarpanda16).

I’m always open to chat or answer development questions if you’re stuck (if I can help).

13 Likes

Hey guys! Josh here,

Been waiting for the Dev Form invitation for quite some time, glad to finally delve deeper into the Roblox Dev community! For those who don’t know me, I’m a Blender 3D artist/Builder and have worked for several development teams over the course of 8 years. I’ve met a lot people in the Roblox community since I’ve joined and look forward to meeting more talented developers in the forum!

13 Likes

Hello all! Most people call me Joe and I’ve been around since 2009 but started building in 2011

My speciality are in building and a graphic design but I’m slowly learning new other skills along the way including animation and scripting! Can’t believe been accepted and I can’t wait to learn more with the inspirational people in the dev forums :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Dang. a lot of people have gotten in all the sudden

9 Likes

How’s it going! I’m DrRobertFord, but most known for my past username MathMinded. By that username you can kind of guess I have a passion for math. I’ve been on ROBLOX since 2009 and have always enjoyed building. I’m still getting past the fact that I have been accepted and can’t wait to start engaging in great conversation on the forum. Hope you all have a great day. :smiley:

13 Likes

Hi, I’m new to the Dev forums and excited to be here! But unlike a lot of other people here I don’t script or build or even really do GFX. I can animate though and I do roblox animations using Autodesk Maya which is a 3D Program like CInema 4D or blender if you’ve heard of those two. I’m also looking into importing my animations into games so that other devs can have custom animations in their next project. Excited to be here :smiley:

8 Likes

Thank you for this amazing opportunity, it’s such a pleasure to be here!

8 Likes

Yoooooo you got in! Congrats!

8 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m DeathTherapy, user since 2008 and developer since about 2012. I haven’t released many popular titles of my own, but I’ve partnered with WolffeCW to create games for the Clone Army of the Republic group for a couple years now, and it’s taken up the bulk of my focus. I first got started in scripting with flight mechanics, and still love trying out new ways to simulate them. Even as an outsider, this forum has been extremely helpful, so I’m excited to be able to now join the conversation and participate as well.

7 Likes

After working hard for 3 years to get on this forum I am happy to be an official member ! I am honored to be part of this forum. I’m very thankful for this.

I’m marcus760 the one known for RRP kind of. I’m the creator of that game and I plan on making plenty of other games for the players. I’m really a one man army, I scrip, build, make GFX, I pretty much do everything myself. I hope I can help others benefit from this site and learn plenty of new things while I do so

8 Likes

Really excited to join the Developer Forums!

Thanks everyone

10 Likes

Again, please follow these instructions:

Let’s stop more of these N/A and default avatars from appearing. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That didn’t help me to fix my char, I had to log in, change my char, log out, change back, log in again, then press F5 until it returned the JSon to true, then log out and back in to get it to work.

Is there any easier fix for changing your char? [I’m probably not but I know my method :man_shrugging: ]

1 Like

Typically, you have to refresh that link until it returns true, and then log out and back in to the Developer Forums.

3 Likes

wow so many people with broken avatars thats how u can tell whos new and who isnt

6 Likes