Introduction thread for new forum members

:congratulations:

3 Likes

Welcome to the jungle my man.

4 Likes

WASOOOUUPPPP NEW MEMBERS WHOOOOO

3 Likes

Im Cory and i am a developer since 2010. I am a builder that likes to build Medieval styled. I also advice people with their games if they ask for my support. I’m currently building maps for people and still learning how to code. I forgot how i found ROBLOX because i am a player since 2010. I started developing on ROBLOX because i wanted to create my own games that i wanted to play with only my friends.

Thanks

5 Likes

Thanks man!

1 Like

Hey, I’m CodeSleepRepeat! :slight_smile:

I was first introduced to Roblox by a former classmate of mine in our video production class.

I got started truly developing in Roblox Studio in June of 2013 and haven’t stopped since. Since then, I’ve achieved goals I never imagined I would’ve. Some of these consist of; having 2 Roblox-endorsed models part of the “Official Model Maker” program with my most-popular being my Go Kart , I had a game in 2014 that made it #1 Top Paid which I DevEx’d the earnings and used the money to improve my development setup and further my Roblox career, and most recently being accepted as a member into these DevForums.

My goals are endless as I always strive to improve myself as a developer with every piece of code I write. I’m primarily a programmer, but I do other areas of development if need be.

I’m proud to be a part of this community and hope to utilize this tool as well as be a beneficial addition to these forums!

Thanks and have a great day! :smiley:

7 Likes

Hello! I am CrypticXII.

I have about ROBLOX since 2010. I was brought into the “Clans & Guilds” and groups brought into ROBLOX. I did lead a group with 115k+ (Veloxic Empire) members but went to development. I loved the idea of each clans “forts and training facilities.” That is where I first started my drive for building and scripting.

My goal is to get along with everyone here on this forum and to learn from new ideas. In the community I am mainly a builder but also have experience in scripting.

Thank you for inviting me is to this forum and I can not wait to be in contact with everyone!

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Sky! (excuse the long name - I’ve yet to save up for another 1k robux aha)

I initially joined Roblox in 2011, simply a player before beginning my journey of actual development only a year or two ago (I dabbled in development around 2012-2013, only to create a pretty rubbish game (which somehow became extremely popular aha)). I tend to create games that I myself enjoy, so they are typically inspired by games I play outside of Roblox.

I’ve knowledge in only a few languages, namely Lua (ofc), Python, HTML (& the like) as well as some java&javascript. I prefer working with lua & python but I guess that’s just because of familiarity, I would like to eventually expand to other languages.

My only goal is essentially to create a game that I would enjoy playing. Success doesn’t really cross my mind (though it would be a bonus!). I hope one day that a project I start, I’ll actually have the patience to finish.

Thanks! Looking forward to the future here.

3 Likes

Hello peoples!
My name is NyxGames, or Nyxie, depending on what you prefer to call me.
I am primarily a script, who has focussed a little on building and animation.

I spend most of my time experimenting with scripts and mechanics, as well as designing prototype games and helping out friends with their games.

I’ve been on ROBLOX since 2011, found it through a website ad, and basically started developing on it that same day.

I may not be the greatest at anything I do, but I am passionate, and love developing and gaming.

Thanks
NyxGames

5 Likes

I hope you all enjoy those first, exciting moments viewing the topics on the forum! Welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

@CodeSleepRepeat (sweet username!)
@CrypticXII
@SkyDiver051202
@NyxGames
@fewkz

7 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate it! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey, welcome! Congrats on you making it in, same for @NotSoPhilly!

1 Like

Hello! I’m Dave, commonly known as railworks2
I don’t remember how I found Roblox, it was 7 years ago.
I started some light GFX last year, playing around seeing what I can do. Taking jobs with groups to make experience. If you ever want to see some of the stuff I do, here’s my DeviantArt
I hope to help change the Roblox community for the better, plus get my dream limiteds (Clockwork collection)
I primarily do GFX but I dabble in a range of stuff like scripting.

Other stuff, I love suits way too much and I’ve been in the cafe/restaurant world for the last few years.

(moderation note: my name is public information and is on my social media)

6 Likes

Hello, my name is K_iyo, but everyone just calls me Kiyo. I was accepted to the DevForum as an Upcoming Developer on 1/24/18. I’ve been apart of the Roblox community since 2012 and was apart of many of the clans and war communities until 2015. Since then, I’ve been helping with game creation in ways that include Building, Modelling, Scripting, and Animation. My goal for this platform is to help Meridian Studios on their creation of Expanse. I love to be apart of communities and helped with Hidden Developers’ discord and events for almost a year.

Recently I’ve been working exclusively with Blender, if you wanna see any of it, check it out here

5 Likes

Hello,
My name is Aerodos12. I am currently a game designer by trade and a shocked DevForum member. I found Roblox many years ago through advertising, but I didn’t start remembering my password until February 11, 2015. I started developing and designing Roblox games in Fall 2015 through resources such as the Roblox wiki and YouTube. Throughout my junior high and high school years I have learned up to 19 (not bluffing) programming and markup languages, some in school, some on my own. However, my most fluent computer language is currently Lua. I am honored to be here as a full member, but I feel there’s one particular goal I have in mind that I feel is crucial to being a true professional developer on Roblox: improving my primary skill - also known as Roblox scripting. I want to finish the project I have been working on for almost a year strong - not effortlessly. So that’s who I am. A scripter who feels as if his acceptance was somewhat of a miracle. I want to thank @Lilly_S and the rest of Developer Relations for believing in my skills even though at the time of my nomination here the game was buggy. Looking forward to calling this place home.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Scar,

I’ve been playing Roblox since '08 and first found out about in in '07 when my brother was playing a hotel game which looked really interesting. I first started developing on Roblox when a person made a bet with me back in '13 about making a café (I think that’s what it was), anyways, I then started with a BC-Only café and then went on to create free models that the public could use to create their own (that being said, my models sold hundreds of copies daily and then the genre just blew up; however, I stopped doing things related to this a year later and started working on actual projects.)

I am currently working on a game which is loosely based off of Star Wars: Battlefront because the game has always been really fun, but I think it had major flaws which make the game unplayable, so why not recreate it here? Submitted an early test of the gun mechanics and UI and it got me to where I am now.

I am a Programmer, UI Designer, Builder, and Graphic Designer (specifically line art for things like sprites)

It’s great to be accepted and I hope to further my development skills from where I am now, along with help the community with a lot of passion and drive. Also much thanks to @TheGuyWithAShortName for supporting me on my ventures as a developer, I wouldn’t be here without him.

Thanks,
Scar

6 Likes

How did you find Roblox?
My Best Friend @Sathopian.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
My Best Friend @Sathopian invited me to make a game with him as a builder on 12/25/2015

Current goals/achievements on the platform
Make a Successful Front Page Game.
Delivering a message to every Roblox User possible that Free Robux is a Scam and NEVER ever ever tell anyone your Password and also use 2-Step-Verification.
Teach others how to Program in RBLX_Lua and Make a Successful Game on Roblox via my Youtube Chanel.

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
Primary Role: Programmer
Secondary Role: Builder, GFX, UI Designer
(I am currently a Solo Game Developer, which means I do/make everything needed for a game to be completed)

Anything else you would like to include?
I applied a long time ago and being accepted is a wonderful feeling to have from time to time,
I have found many bugs/glitches while Developing and would like to report them but can’t, and now I still can’t because I am a “Basic User”, I’ll just wait for the 6 month trial to end I guess that’s the only thing anyone can do at this point.

Also if you type my name RuizuKun_Dev in Roblox Chat the text is filtered so maybe someone can do something about it?

With that said, Thank you for having me here and Have Fun Developing!

Sincerely , RuizuKun_Dev

4 Likes

Hey everyone!

I’m Baloomi and I’ve been playing Roblox since 2009.
I’ve started making games in 2014. Everything was a self-learning process.
My point was to do it for fun, but when DevEx was introduced I felt I had an opportunity and I went for it.
I develop games solo, but I’m not amazing in any skill involved in game development. Let’s say I’m decent.

Since I reached my goal of getting into DevEx it’s just the matter to keep aiming higher for me.

3 Likes

Welcome everyone!

3 Likes