Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome. Glad to finally meet you.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Hey all!

TheGreatAlexander here. Most people know me or call me by my real name which is ā€œTed.ā€

ROBLOX is a great platform to do anything you want, and I am so glad that I found ROBLOX because it gave me an opening to the world of technology full of software and game development.

I found ROBLOX when I was around nine years of age, my friend actually introduced me and we would always play games like Sword Fighting Tournament by TheGamer101.

I started developing when I was around fourteen years of age, my friend on ROBLOX started to get into building and he was really good at it, and I wanted to do the same as him; so I did. Developing for many groups, I have reached the point where I am very skilled with Graphics Designing, Building, and UI.

Currently, my goal is to help this group called The Roman Empire, owned by AugustusJuIiusCarsar, to achieve a widespread status across ROBLOX. I am the Community Manager, and I oversee development for this group. I also do lots of managing for their Discord Server, and I help the community in the best way possible. For future goals, I really would absolutely love to create my own group, and to have an entire Game Studio for this group. I would want this group to be very organized, and have an actual system and a sort of lore to follow.

In the Development Community, I am very good with Graphics Designing, UI, and building. Over the past few years I have done a lot of development for many groups that I have been apart of, and I am glad that I have come so far with my skills in these three sections of development.

I would like to be an active member of the DevForum, and I am most certainly positive that I will be. I plan to do a lot with the ROBLOX DevForum, and maybe even make contributions to it.

Thank you all for reading.

Ted Davis
TheGreatAIexander
Ted#3573

2 Likes

Hello, my username is AnimalBot99. I found Roblox back in 2011 while I saw one of my friends playing it. From there I just got hooked to it and never really stopped playing. Iā€™ve started developing on Roblox with some building groups here and there and many groups to follow. But currently my main goals are to really show some of my audios Iā€™ve composed.
Like I mentioned, I like to compose music. Iā€™d like to think of my role as just someone composing a few songs that many can use to add more to their games.
Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Welcome!

Thanks man!

Iā€™m glad to be apart of such an awesome and prestigious community.

1 Like

Hey there! Iā€™m Vexture, or you can call me Ben.

How did you find Roblox?

I started playing Roblox in 2011 when I saw my childhood best friend playing it. I think I got hooked on super mega fun obby and base wars back in the day.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I built and scripted on and off throughout the years, but never made a complete functioning project until 2015 when I created a simple minigames project inspired by Ripullā€™s Minigames. Back then I mostly followed a murder game tutorial as that was trendy back then but I wasnā€™t interested in making another one of those.

Current goals/achievements on the platform

Iā€™m currently working on an open world survival game inspired by Breath of the Wild and Horizon: Zero Dawn! Not much more can be said right now, but itā€™s a solo (inconsistently duo) project that I work on on and off. Work and college take up a lot of my timeā€¦

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programer, Builder etc)

I mostly like to script, but sometimes I try to build cool stuff. Nothing too crazy, I donā€™t know how some of you guys are so good at fully realizing the stuff that lurks in your wild imaginations. I also love to dabble in UI design; I like to make everything look pretty, and I can make a mean loading screen & health bar B)

A few more thingsā€¦
I host a development community called Workspace. Great namesnipe, I know. B)
I learn mostly through experimentation and the Roblox wiki. Itā€™s a great resource!

Anything else you would like to include

Iā€™m studying computer engineering, currently attending community college. I plan on transferring to Virginia Tech after two years. If anybody feels like having a chat, shoot me a message! Iā€™ll be around. Thanks for taking the time to read my post; Iā€™ll see you all in the forums!

big ben#4525

2 Likes

Hello and thank you so much for allowing me into the developer forums, This has made my day and my work absolutely worth it.

But yes, Hello. My Name is Mochro , I have been hovering around Roblox since around 2012, starting off as a guest account and not making an actual account till around 2013 / 2014. Mochro is a newer account and not the old. I found Roblox one day while casually surfing the web , seeing a brick battle game and downloading the launcher and from that i have stayed around.

I started learning and expanding my skills around 2014 when i found a player named Molegul on a free build like server, he trusted me and gave me build permissions and i experiments around with ideas and my imagination ever since that day i have been non stop building , drawing up ideas for games , GUI, stories and other activities on Roblox.

My current goal on the platform is to create a group / player-space for all players of every background and skill set , so the casual player to the most advanced scripter / builder or even youtube peeps to come together and be one as friends and equals with the passion of sharing ideas and learning together or even going around as neutrals or friends to play / build some games, I am currently doing this with a group named Ethereal Developers, and we spread our knowledge and builds to our current supporters.

I am a builder on Roblox , i help build , mould and design games , scenery and levels for different creators on the platform, as well as this i am a designer with the aspect of designing floor plans , game levels , levelling systems and drawing up and describing in depth of function of a game and features work. Some people who know me would say i am a Jack of all trades as i have dabbled in every aspect there is to offer, but i feel i am strong in the imagination tank and building.

I just want to conclude this by saying thank you, thank you very much for allowing me here, I shall spread what i have learnt to everyone here , i shall help out those who need to be helped , as well as learn from others, More than anything however , i am grateful i had the opportunity to be here.

Thank you for reading,
Have a good day / night where ever you are,
Mochro.

2 Likes

Welcome Mochro!

1 Like

hello, itā€™s great to be acknowledged in the devforums. Iā€™m zen_it, zen for short.

I started building in roblox studio about one year ago, however Iā€™ve recently begun utilizing blender to make meshes and additionally GFX. Iā€™m looking forward to becoming acquainted with more developers and I hope Iā€™ll be of some help :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! Iā€™m new here, too. Iā€™ll see you around!

thank you! looks like a lot of new members were accepted in today, I hope we can friends.

Yeah, looks like they just finished another batch of application reviews. I forgot I even applied, it was like 6 months ago haha! I got the e-mail at work. Iā€™m working my shift until midnight, so this made me feel better about that. If you ever wanna talk, shoot me a message or add my DIscord, big ben#4525!

1 Like

Hello! I am so excited to be in DevForum finally!!! :smile::smile:
I donā€™t know what to say, but it feels so amazing to finally be here with all these amazing developers! I want to wish the best for everyone who is here and who will get accepted here first :smile:

In 2010 probably summer, when I was playing flash games over the internet, I saw Robloxā€™s advertise. I was younger than 13, and site looked so promising so I felt like I trust the platform, and decided to create an account. In 2011 October, I created this account.
I started development in mid-2014 but my interest in development started before then. I learned basic C# coding in High School and kept going with Lua in Roblox.
My current goal in the platform is to create the best single-player game in Roblox, getting Bloxy Awards for that and pulling a mass of people into the Roblox just to play my game :slight_smile:
My main branch on development is programming. I canā€™t say I am good at designing but I try to learn as much as I can in building, UI designing and GFX.
I know I mentioned that but I still want to say it again, wishing the best for everyone here and going to be here! Spread the love :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m someonedie and founded ROBLOX in 2009 from an advertisement that Iā€™ve seen on NinjaKiwi when Bloons Tower Defense was the popular trend. I made my account years after Iā€™ve been playing on a guest account, and momentarily later Iā€™ve started making games on ROBLOX Studio. I was extremely bad at it at first, using free models and not understanding the basic mechanics of scripting at first, but over the years, I have improved dramatically and appreciated ROBLOXā€™s platform greatly with each update they provided. Everything I learned from ROBLOX Studio was self-taught, and I have not taken any proper coding classes until my years in high school just two years ago, which is Python. I hope to develop memorable great games that are fun, accessible, fair, and keep morale standards to the players who decide to play. I major as a programmer, and I do occasionally build, but building is not my best specialty. When people nickname my account, I prefer ā€œsomeā€ and generally dislike the nickname ā€œdie.ā€

1 Like

Hello! Iā€™m Halru and I joined near 2011 as I was looking for a fun sandbox game to play online. I got started with development on the ROBLOX platform with graphic designing, which was loads of fun to me as I got started by learning Photoshop, then seemingly into blender and other cool software. I then moved on to 3D modelling on Maya as I attended iD Tech camp workshops (that was really cool too). Then finally I started coding mini projects with Lua in ROBLOX. My current goal in the platform is to create a small, functional game with a small player base in ROBLOX. My current main branch in the community is probably GFX with a tad bit of UI designing and programming on the side.

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m ilyanna! Iā€™m a builder and modeler, been building with Roblox Studio for 2 years now and I like using Blender to make some assets. Iā€™m glad to finally be a part of the dev forums ā€“ makes me feel like an official Roblox developer. Iā€™m excited to meet new friends and Iā€™m also excited for the new things Iā€™ll discover with this forum. =)

To check my things out hereā€™s my Twitter and Portfolio!

2 Likes