Introduction thread for new forum members

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Congrats on joining the forum!

Thank you.

I am happy to be apart of this Community.

1 Like

Glad to have you here!

1 Like

Hey im DieselTraction!

I found Roblox because some of my friends played and encouraged me join, after that i was hooked!

I decided to start developing because it gave me a sense of achievement and also satisfaction. I made my first game: a simple train simulator and from then on i just kept improving.

My goal is to contribute to every train sim in roblox and also make my own train sim.

My role in the community is Builder, Programmer and UI Designer.

One last thing: thanks for adding me, iā€™m very excited to be a part of this community!

2 Likes

Welcome everyone! I canā€™t wait to see how you all will contribute to the forum.

2 Likes

Hey, whatā€™s up? Iā€™m helloguys34. Iā€™ve been playing ROBLOX since 2011, and have recently been developing in animation (and a little bit of coding)!
Iā€™m very new (and extremely excited!!!) to be apart of the devforums. Iā€™m glad that my development skill has been deemed sufficient enough to be apart of this prestigious community, and I hope that other the next few months/years I might be able to better my skills!
Canā€™t wait to collaborate with you all! :grin:

2 Likes

Hello everybody! Iā€™m gskw and Iā€™ve been on Roblox since 2013.

I originally discovered Roblox when my younger brother had started playing it (moreover, he found out about it on YouTube in 2012). As I had some previous experience with coding (HTML/JS/CSS, to be specific), I found the Studio environment interesting. I taught myself Lua and found myself enjoying development.

My most notable achievements so far include an implementation of the classic Finnish card game Tuppi. The game allows you to play against (a somewhat dumb) AI as well as real human players. Perhaps my proudest piece of work is my UDP network packet analyzer. I havenā€™t been able to update it for a while now, but I am looking forward to releasing newer versions of it in the near future.

As for my role on the forums, I should be probably a Programmer. Iā€™m looking forward to being a part of the community!

6 Likes

Hey there, canā€™t believe Iā€™m accepted itā€™s an honor being here and I canā€™t wait to be with fellow developers across the DevForum!
I found ROBLOX a long time ago probably when I was 5 years old. I searched up ā€œbuilding gamesā€ and I just scrolled down until I saw ROBLOX. I watched the trailer and I said to myself ā€œLEGOS!?!?!?!ā€. It wasnā€™t Legos, it was something better. It was something I would have never thought I would be apart of. I never knew you could build honestly whatever. From there was momcr. I ask myself every day why I named my account that. Then, I went to ScriptedScript then to the best name ever (not) Existencez.
My biggest achievement in ROBLOX is to be apart of a game that makes users happy whether itā€™s front page or not, a game that makes people happy. Something that users are excited about, play the game with their friends, honestly a ā€œchillaxā€ game.
On the ROBLOX platform, I build, translate and compose music.
Last but not least, to any new members or veterans here on the forum I would love to give you a BIG Hello!
:grin:

2 Likes

Hello all, you can call me Haz. I am excited to be a part of the developer forums, and I canā€™t wait to see what interesting conversations we have!

I found Roblox in June of 2010, I was 12 years old. At first I only cared about playing games, and I had absolutely no interest in developing anything of my own. Then I played Age of Empires 3, and from then on I really wanted to make something cool like that! I started building at first, then I learned graphics design (still learning), then some scripting (I was so horrid), then I learned a bit about marketing and storytelling. You could say I am a jack of all trades. For the past year I have been learning to perfect my animating and scripting, and I think I am pretty good at this point. Iā€™ve made guns that shoot/aim attractively at all angles, taunts and emotes, arrested poses, front flips and back flips, movement in all 8 directions with sprinting variations, AI zombies and samurais, minigames, skin modifications for guns/backpacks/body armor/helmets, advertisements, game icons, weapon/health/stamina HUD, GUI stores, menus, and more.

My most proud achievement, that is still a WIP, is Flippy Kid. (I was inspired by the simplicity of Flappy Bird, but ended up making a game that was FAR more complicated.) This is mostly made by myself alone (the sounds/music are copyright-free and not crafted by me).

Another project that I am proud of, but unfortunately abandoned (for now), is unnamed. It is a side-scrolling platformer in which you only have two controls; jump and shoot. Your character runs automatically, but by shooting your character gets hurled backwards a few studs and thus gives you a movement mechanic. This is intended to be very easy to play on mobile as I have noticed a lack of ā€œgood-feelingā€ games for mobile. This one is made by myself, but built (mostly) by my step brother Mack4044.

My current goal is to release a game that earns enough robux to DevEx at least $2,000 USD. This is because my dream job is to develop video games, and why not do that here on roblox!?

As mentioned above, I consider myself a builder, scripter, GFX artist, marketer, producer, and whatever else needs to be done. If you are interested in a partnership, or a team project, feel free to contact me. If not, you can expect to see me frequently here on the dev-forums participating in lots of interesting debates and ideas!

Thanks for reading!

2 Likes

Welcome! I hope you have an amazing time in the community!

3 Likes

Welcome to the Dev Forum! Your projects look amazing, great portfolio!

3 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

I know right. Love the truck.

5 Likes

thanks!

2 Likes

Heya! My Nameā€™s Nate and Iā€™m a fairly known member in the Roblox Anime community!
It is an honor to be accepted in the devforums 90 degree bow
My name means Video Games Nate/Nathan, but shortened to be creative (at least I thought when I was a kid)
I discovered roblox through friends a couple of years ago, as a Grade 6 playing around in a fairly basic build my friend made, yet I found hilarious to play because of the amounts of traps and secret he placed in it. I never thought Iā€™d progress to make 3D Photoshop GFX on Roblox.
Iā€™m known for my GFX, but I love to help people do things more than GFX. I love testing games for developers and giving constructive criticism and adding ideas, and I run a Discord Server teaching Anime and non-anime GFX for aspiring designers. Iā€™m very friendly so feel free to talk anytime, Iā€™m as socially awkward as anyone.
Youā€™ll know I made a GFX when the wierd ā€œNateā€ Signature is in the corner! Iā€™m not limited to just my Anime desires.
If you wish to see my GFX, Hereā€™s my portfolio: vidgamenate - Hobbyist, Digital Artist | DeviantArt

Look forward to being here, (Thats just me on the outside, the inner me is screaming with excitement)
vidgamenate/Nate

1 Like

Good day, developer forum! My name is visualsLord and I am willing to contribute as much as I can to this community. I joined Roblox in 2008; under another account, but sadly I have lost access to it. It happened that I at the time didnā€™t benefit from having a decent computer so Roblox didnā€™t worked on mine. In 2011 I came back, being invited by some friends to play among them, and so I did.

In 2014 I started building small assets, and places for my groups that I of course created with my dear friends, in 2016 I was contracted by the developer of a popular RPG at the time, ā€˜The Legendary Swordsā€™ to develop some maps for itā€™s sequel. Lately, in 2017 I have been invited to work for Red Manta LLC, known as Abstract Shark Games at the time; from there I started working professionally and have developed a lot of skills, later being contracted by loleris, BuildIntoGames, Haggie125, ObscureEntity, and a lot of more wonderful people!

My general goal was and will always be creating a game that will achieve front-page, and I will not quit until I achieve to do so.

And if itā€™s not obvious enough, Iā€™m a builder! Although, I will try and learn programming as soon as I can, hopefully. And I wish to see how I will evolve in the next year.

Looking forward to develop my relations here,
-visualsLord

2 Likes

Welcome, if you need anything feel free to DM me!

2 Likes

Welcome, if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

2 Likes