Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello, I am Gamenew09! I mainly program on Roblox but I do occasionally dip my toes into other subjects as well. I started on Roblox back in 2009 when I ran across it on an advertisement on YouTube. I started developing on Roblox back when I found out about Roblox Studio. At the time, I learned from both YouTube tutorials and Free Models. I slowly started picking up tricks which allowed me to make bigger and bigger games. The games that I mainly made were mini-game inspired in some way, whether it a recreation of Gmod Tower (A Garryā€™s Mod game-mode that allowed you to play a variety of mini-games in separate servers) or an actual mini-game place. One of my goals now is to make a game with First Person Shooter elements that is fun to play and can keep a player base of some kind.

Thatā€™s pretty much it for me! Thank you for inviting me onto the forum, and I hope to gain even more experience along this new path! :grinning:

Hello!

Iā€™m Swattsniper and I found this forum a little while ago. Since then it has really helped me find resources and learn what other developers are doing to solve problems I have. I joined Roblox back in 2012 with my brother and since then Iā€™ve taught my self to make GFXs primarily for military groups. I also love to build, usually for groups, although occasionally for myself where I use a lot of details to portray whatever it is I am building. Additionally, combining my skills for making graphics, Iā€™ve recently been teaching myself to make UIs and script them as well as dabbling in uniform creation. Iā€™m a bit of a jack of all trades, although I think my favorite thing to do, on Roblox at least, is build! My goal on this platform is to honestly just help a person out. If someone wants to start a group Iā€™m happy to provide my services, usually for nothing. Developing is something I really enjoy so a price tag isnā€™t really my priority.

This forum has helped me quite a bit from when I first joined and Iā€™m extremely excited to gain the ability to access more through this membership! Thank you for having me and reading my introduction.

Swattsniper

Hi! Iā€™m Herickman, I can be seen sometimes playing some roblox games (RBLXWare,Electric State) but I spend most of my time on studio making prototypes.

I found roblox back at 2013 when i was watching a youtube video and decided to create an account.
At 2015, I started developing some simple prototypes, but I always wanted to transform one of them into a real project.

Goals:

• Complete a game
  • Learn how to adapt games for mobile and consoles
  • Reach 100 players currently playing in one of my games

Achievements:

• Learn how to save and load games using data stores
  • 300 visits in a prototype game (unfortunately abandoned :frowning: )
  • Get into DevForum

I would consider myself a Programmer, since im not too good at building.

My current project is a recreation of NES and SNES Games into a single place using roblox themed stuff to recreate it.
and i think you probably guessed why my name is herickman now, im a mega man fan

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m metryy. I found Roblox through a friend of mine 7 years ago. I started developing by helping out with small groups/communities, and eventually worked my way up and started making actual games. My goal right now is to increase to further develop the skills to create Roblox games. Iā€™m a Lua programmer but I also have experience in other fields like software and web development. Really excited to get to know you all! :slight_smile:

Welcome Metryy!

Welcome Herickman!!

1 Like

Hello my name is DevLevii,

First,
It is an honor to be a part of the DevForum Community!
I found roblox through my friend when I was 12. At first I really liked to play games that other people created. After a couple years I started programming with JavaScript. This was my first language I ever scripted. That was the day when I liked programming. Later on my best friend (@DevJanick ) told me about development and I was exciting to make a game. So me and my best friend made a group called Fros Studio.
Thats how I started learning how to build,script(in lua),UI design, animating and more.

The goals of me and my best friend (@DevJanick ) for Fros Studio are:

• To grow even further as Developers.
  • To make sure that our fans are happy and that we are gonna update our games more frequently.
  • Releasing more games.

My own goal for one of the Fros Studio games (The Flash Tycoon)

• Modify the game to what the fans want.
  • Hit 10M+ visits.
  • Redesigning the whole game this year.
  • Hopefully making a storyline for the game that fans will love.
  • Adding new systems (combat,abilities)

Group link if you are interested to see the creations!
https://www.roblox.com/My/Groups.aspx?gid=2528917

2 Likes

Hello my name is DevJanick,

I first want to say itā€™s awesome to be a part of the DevForum Community!
I found Roblox by my old best friend when i was 13 years old (late 2011). I first only was interested with playing Roblox but in 2012 i started playing around with the free models and creating my first (free model) game. Then i left Roblox for a year (2013) and returned to Roblox in 2014. (I had other accounts in the past, most of them i even forgot) From that moment i learned how to build myself, how the studio works, how you can make an UI, program, animate, etcā€¦ In late 2015 i got the idea to start a own group with @DevLevii (my best friend) named Fros Studio.

The goals of Fros Studio are (my and @DevLevii our goals basically):

• To keep our fanbase happy with frequently updates torwards our games. (At least 4 every year to each game)
  • To release more new games.
  • To grow even further as Developers.

My own goal for one of the Fros Studio Games (Tix Factory Tycoon):

• Completing the massive new update after a delay of 1 year and 6 months with a completely redesign of the game.
  • Hit 20M+ visits on the game.
  • Hoping that fans will love the new storylines for the game and a lot of the gameplay elements.
  • I just hope the loyal fans will love the new update.

Not releated to Fros Studio goals:

• One of my biggest goals is to never stop using Roblox.

Group link if you are interested to see the creations (our games)!
https://www.roblox.com/My/Groups.aspx?gid=2528917

2 Likes

Been needing to have access for Devforum for awhile because Iā€™ve been needing to respond to some of the new features theyā€™ve added to Roblox Studio!
I can finally look into topics that I need to read!

Otherwise, been on Roblox for a very long time, I remember being awake overnight on a school night, playing a ā€˜build a raft to the endā€™ and really love how Roblox has become to this date with the new features, tools to help fight against users with malicious intent, and even the content and games that has expanded over time.

I would love to finally be able to play around with new features and see if anyone else was having the same issue Iā€™ve had, and ways to try to get my old content back by any means possible.

Iā€™m very glad to finally be a part of the Developerā€™s Forum! I found ROBLOX a long time ago (back in November 2008), looking for an alternative game to minecraft, and then I found it by chance.

So far, I have not been a part of a gameā€™s development, but Iā€™m practicing and working on my animation skills as often as I can so that I may one day contribute to a game. My goal is to create animations for someone to use in a game one day. My role would be an aspiring animator.

One thing I want to include is that Iā€™ve always enjoyed playing games on ROBLOX. From Call of Robloxia to The Quarry, Iā€™ve played a lot of games for fun and I hope to see more good upcoming projects and creations.

3 Likes

How did you find Roblox?
I found ROBLOX from my cousin in 2007 and I found the game interesting and that the game had amazing fun characteristics to the characters and physics so a year later I joined ROBLOX at 8/28/2008
** How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?**
In late 2008 I played ROBLOX with my sister making games. They didnā€™t get much attention but were very fun. Iā€™ve had attention with some games but was only like 200 players in 2 years
Current goals/achievements on the platform
My goals are to achieve a successful game that people will enjoy on ROBLOXes platform. Learn the in and outs of how developers get attention with their games.
What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
Iā€™m mostly a builder but I also do GFX, UI Design, and recently started composing music with fl studio mobile and might change to pc version of fl studio
Anything else you would like to include
I learned my building skills from building games like Build and Race from louis and try recreating things on studio.
I play music in my school (ā€œpercussionā€)
UI Design I started a year or two ago

I help run a group called Bloxhead Studios the owner Iā€™m friends with helps make games we both are builders to the core mostly.
ā€œā€Iā€™ll have fun in this new community to help ROBLOX succeed with High Quality games for any player.

1 Like

Hi! Very happy to be a new member of the community. I join Roblox in 2016, and since, never stop playing. I am a programmer, and for 2019 I will begin a new successful game!

1 Like

Welcome @DarthBladee to the community.

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m new to this forum and I hope to make useful contributions in the community.

I discovered Roblox in either 2011 or 2012, when one of my old friends showed me this ā€œcool blocky gameā€. I was instantly hooked and in a few years began creating content myself! I gave up for about a year in 2014 when nothing seemed to gain traction, but around a year later I realised one of my games had been receiving about 50 visitors a day and was instantly motivated once more. Since then Iā€™ve just been updating and learning more about the platform.

My goal, though not too unique, is to get on to the front page. I think this may have happened on mobile in like 2016 but I didnā€™t see it lol. The most extreme goal I have is to have a completely random stranger either recognise me/my character or have played and enjoyed one of my games.

My role is mostly scripting - I used tend to make most of a game myself, including the building and graphics. I still do, often, but have become more involved with other developers and many other talented people recently through the Hidden Developers Discord server.

Yup, thatā€™s me. Mario118118. :smiley:
Hope to both gain from and give to the developer community!

3 Likes

How did you find Roblox?
I found Roblox back in 2012 when a friend of mine recommended it, and after playing a few games I was hooked.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
After playing all the fun games, I wanted to have a go at making one myself.

My goal is to make tools that can speed up development for the community, or make developing easier.

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
I am mainly a scripter, but I also enjoy building.

Iā€™ve been browsing the devforums for a while, and itā€™s nice to be part of it now!

1 Like

How did you find Roblox?

I found ROBLOX back in 2016 by trying to find a new MMO to play - I was a guest for the most part, haha. I used to be an active member of Club Penguin back in the day and lost interest. I started gaining interest in ROBLOX and well, here I am.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I just wanted to have fun and wanted to earn some robux! I just did some small jobs here and there and yeah!

Just becoming the Vice President of Prince Clothing - one of ROBLOXā€™s most well-known and popular clothing groups.

Without a doubt, my best work is video editing. I use Sony Vegas Pro to edit any kind of ROBLOX video. Sadly, I havenā€™t been successful as there doesnā€™t seem to be a high demand at all for videos on the platform as of now.

Hey.

This is my introductory message.

Iā€™ve been on the platform for a while but only recently took a serious interest in development.

After being inspired by some of the creations that other members of the community have produced, I decided to start scripting in the hope that I could publish an enjoyable game in the future.

Iā€™m very much looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Thatā€™s a lot of new people, woah.

Welcome everyone! Feel free to send me a PM with any questions.

Hey, Iā€™m judqvist.

I found out about roblox after a bunch of my school friends played it, suggesting me to get it as well. This was back in early 2011. I got started with development in 2012 after making some quirky free-modeled games and my interest to create grew.

My current goal on the platform is to inspire imagination and creation for new developers, as I believe creation is a great hobby for the youth. I currently own a group called Firetale Studios, with a game called Mystical Winds with over 100k+ visits. I intend to make a more solid and polished game in the near future with a few pals I met in the community I created, as the contact I have with other developers is limited.

In the community, I would identify myself with being a programmer the most, although my skills could greatly improve. The devforums have been a helpful tool for me as a developer on the platform, and I intend to utilize it the best I can.