Introduction thread for new forum members

I’m Sage_Prodigy, and I joined ROBLOX around 2012 on an old account of mine but really didn’t take scripting serious till around late 2016. Ever since then I’ve wanted to make games for the community. ATM I am making an MMORPG called Kai Adventures. I am excited for the future of the community and my games!

1 Like

Welcome! Hope you pursue your games soon :smiley:

Welcome Sage. Enjoy your stay :yum:

1 Like

Hello, my name is LuxEyes and I am fairly new to the roblox developer community. I work as 3d-artist, map designer and project manager. I am extremely excited to join the developer forum and I cant wait for whats to come!

2 Likes

Hello my name is 32250 i’m new to the developer community. I found roblox through a friend back in 2011 and i have been actively using it since 2015 in 2016 I got in development by a friend teaching me how to build some stuff and i have been making more since. One of my goals is to make a game that people might like.

1 Like

I have been a new member for like 2 months but never got to post here, so here I go.

• How did you find Roblox?
    I forgot how I found Roblox, but I feel like I found it from a game advertisement.
  • How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    When I first started back in around 2013, I actually liked to build and script, but I didn’t know how to script back in the day. My old games look like they don’t even have free models when they do. I used this trick by using a Survive the Disasters kit, inserting free model text that will copy the message text, and I have myself a round-based system. Now, I don’t even use free models anymore. Free models are basically the stuff that helped me script, since I see functions that I keep on seeing and memorizing, then write it in my own scripts.
  • Current goals/achievements on the platform
    :white_check_mark: Achieve at least 5 million visits [includes group games]
    :white_check_mark: Make a game that reaches front page for at least 1 day [includes group games]
    :white_check_mark: Get an active YouTuber with 2 million subscribers to play my game [includes group games]
    :x: Make a game all by myself, without help, reaching the front page for at least 1 day
    :x: Be a member [not a new member] of DevForums
    :x: Be nominated for Bloxy’s
    :x:Have a featured game [includes group games]
  • What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I program, make shirts, and script UIs.
  • Anything else you would like to include
    I don’t know, maybe I’ll say two people from the Star Video Creator Program (LandonRB & NightFox) played a game by my friend that I scripted that was also played by Flamingo aka AlbertsStuff [it was a meme game lol]
2 Likes

About Me

Hello, I am TheHauntedCanadian! I am a new member to the Roblox Developer Forum. I joined Roblox in 2012, which is also when I started to use Roblox Studio. I have also released a game back in 2012, which for my first game, even though I am not proud of it, I wouldn’t consider it the worst game either. I have became pretty experienced with both scripting and building over the past years I have been on Roblox and I plan on continue with gaining experience.

How I found Roblox / How I got started with development on the Roblox Platform

I found Roblox through a group of friends who use to play the game and recommended that I’d sign up and join them in playing games. One of the first games I played on Roblox was Sandbox, which inspired me to try building in Roblox Studio.

Current goals

• To release some games to the platform that I hope the community will enjoy.
  • To continue improving my scripting and building skills

Achievements

• The first game I’ve made received 30K+ visits and 627 favorites, and was also on the front page for a bit back in 2012.
  • I own a group with 1200+ members
1 Like

I recently received a message to introduce myself here.

I don’t exactly have game development experience, but my forte is at design. I love coming up with new games that I filled up a notebook with just games. I am currently going lone wolf by learning every aspect of game development from sound, programming, building, and other assets needed. So far my long term goal is to make one of my game ideas to Roblox!

How did you find Roblox?

My answer is not roblox appropriate

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I started developing, by reading every single bit the wiki had to offer

Current goals/achievements on the platform

Finish one game idea on my notebook

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)

Design is my passion.

1 Like

Welcome @Sublivion @Rawblocky @TheHauntedCanadian @pokl1 @Formidable_Beast to the community.

3 Likes

Hello there members of the Devforum, I’m Osewell.

I joined Roblox in December 2014 after a friend recommended it to me, I first got into using Studio sometime in 2017, at the time I was intimidated by the whole idea of scripting, but got through that and am now starting to learn more advanced languages such as C#.

My current goal is to finish making a game and have more than 10 people actually play it.

My main role in the developer community is a scripter, but occasionally I will make a build.

Thank you for allowing me to join this community and i can’t wait to see what will happen in the future!

1 Like

Welcome @Osewell!

Thank you

1 Like

Heyo ! Before starting the small introduction, I definitely want to say that it is an honor to be now part of the forum.
I am a scripter, it’s been more than a year and a half that I’ve been scripting stuff and even made my own project. I am definitely looking forward to help and assist in making Roblox grow bigger and work with teams to give out the best games in Roblox !

1 Like

Hello, I’m Noreate! I’m a 17-year-old dude who’s been a member of Roblox since 2011, and it’s an honor to be accepted into the dev forums (even though I only got accepted since I’ve been lurking here for months).

I found Roblox after a friend of mine telling me about a cool website that allows people to create and play games, which I got hooked on immediately since I loved video games. I used to just play games on the site for about over a year or so before having all of these cool ideas for games. So I started getting into Roblox Studio, trying my best to learn how it works and throwing places together with free models, which were pretty bad.

Currently, I am a builder and 3D modeller (using Blender), hoping to improve my coding skills in order to achieve my goal of creating and releasing a game I’ve been wanting to make for years.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m new here.

Back in 2009, I was 8 and my cousin showed me ROBLOX. It was summer holidays, and I played “Sandbox” for about 1h our 2. I loved that game, but later forgot about roblox until next summer in 2010, when I created an account and played… During 2010, and 2011 I don’t remember much what I was doing, I kept creating new accounts when I wanted to play as I didn’t remember passwords (ahah). Then created this account in 2012.

I started development from building back in 2015, I loved building random stuff, however I wouldn’t call this development. Later on, in 2015 I’ve found out how Tycoon kits worked such as berezaa’s tycoon kit and made a tycoon. Made some money off it, and remade another one (kind of low quality eheh), and with the few money I had a I sponsored the tycoon (It was a new feature), and directly got thrown to front page in just few hours. This was the start.
From this, I was trying to update my tycoon but didn’t know any Lua. I opened random scripts, and this is how I started learning. For months, trying to make low-quality games but opening scripts, and more scripts, trying to change them, remaking stuff I saw…ect.

My goals are to make games, as today, I mostly hire builders for an amount of robux, and make the whole game myself, building parts of it too, scripting entirly. So I’m more likely a lonely developer. I love being free of what I can do, in a team, you can’t do everything… And you might have pressure from others, eheh. Haven’t got much time for roblox this year, but my goal is to make games. I love tycoon-themed (more likely quality, not crappy kits), and survival games.

I’m a scripter, and a builder (I only build quick stuff, as I don’t really enjoy building).

Thanks for inviting me :pig:

1 Like

Welcome all new members! Remember to review the rules for the forum, PM me with any questions you may have. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey everyone!

My name is Dylan but most people refer to me as dev because of my user.

I honestly don’t recall how I found Roblox since it’s a long time ago. I got into development because I was very interested in the game Deathrun and clans, and I wanted to be able to make things myself.

I haven’t really “achieved” anything yet on Roblox (sounds pretty sad lol) but I have plans to make a game.
I’m a scripter and I’m gonna start learning Blender next week (I’ve become quite interested in modeling)
And that was about it, lol.

Oh and fun fact, apparently I was made a ‘new member’ because of my activity on the forums…? But on some topics it says you can only become a ‘new member’ by sending in an app (which I honestly dont recall doing haha)

Thank you!

Hiya! I’m market known as monkey, Jonas,…

I own main Server Guard, and more!

A friend introduced me to roblox, and I loved it!
    I played prison life a lot and wanted to know how to make a jail open by pressing a button.
    I am still trying to build my entire game that’s “playable”. With this I mean that I never know what to make lol.
  • What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I’d love to be known as programmer. That’s me! I’ve made complex systems and so on.
    Nothing. Send me a pm if ya wanna know more… :slight_smile:

Cya,
Jonas

Hello, I’m tony!

Honestly no clue on how I found roblox, it’s been too long.
    Kinda just started to read scripts and see how scripting worked
    Current goal is to create a successful game
    I am a Programmer
    Nothing

Thanks for reading