Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello, I’m Frost. I am very honored and excited to have been added into the Roblox Devforum.

• How did you find Roblox?
    I found out about Roblox back in 2010 when my friend introduced it to me. I started out playing a lot of games and have continued ever since.
  • How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I probably started in 2012 by taking and editing open source scripts and places on Roblox in an attempt to slowly learn Lua.
  • Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I’m currently co-developing my first non-showcase and round-based game on Roblox. I’m very excited to continue development of it.
  • What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Programmer / Scripter, I also do a lot of the UI Design in my games, however, it is by no means my strongest area.
  • Anything else you would like to include
    Nothing else.

How did you find Roblox?
I actually found ROBLOX through a friend of mine that was playing it, we had a sleepover at his house and he showed me it, we had a great time and I’ve been hitched ever since!

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
I was apart of a roleplaying group with a well-scripted game, I was good friends with the Owner of the group and he was the only developer that worked on the game, I begun looking into programming because it sounded interesting and he helped me, this friend was Vikingboy, if he’s reading this, Thanks man!

Current goals/achievements on the platform
The only goal I have on this platform is to learn and make friends, and to create things that others will enjoy for a long time.

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
I am a programmer.

2 Likes

How did you find Roblox?
I found this back in 2010 and enjoyed the experience with some friends.

I got started probably around 2011-2012 with scripting things, but not really a full game.

My goals is to:
Make 1 successful game that people will enjoy
Improve on my skills in programming

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
I am most likely a beginner in Programming.

Anything else you would like to include
Nope, but I would say hello to everyone.

Hello, I’m b3wz, or Bryan!

How did you find Roblox?
I found Roblox through a friend of mine 6 years ago. I was always interested in the development side of Roblox, but never got into it until a year ago.

How did you get started developing on the Roblox platform?
Another friend of mine got me into scripting, and ever since, I’ve been scripting almost every day.

Current goals on the platform
My current goal is to release a game I’ve been working on for a while.

My role in the developer community
I script, and sometimes do UI Designing, and GFX.

Hello everyone! My name is Microsorex.

I found ROBLOX in 2010 when my brother told me about it. He had signed up about 4 months prior to me signing up.

I got started when I decided to play around with the toolbox in Studio in 2014. I eventually wanted to move onto working onto actual games without using the toolbox, so I began to practice scripting and building. ROBLOX has inspired me to learn more languages, such as Ruby.

I want to become a developer who can appease people without being too arrogant or seeming like I just develop for the soul purpose of money.

I’d say I’m a programmer. Not a great one, but I’m decent.

Thank you for accepting me!

Hello.

How did you find Roblox?
Sometime in 2012, I found Roblox through the advertisements on other game sites. I played Pirate Wars 2, and then I made an account.

As a child, I was interested in coding and programming. After experimenting with other languages, I slowly delved into studio. It just grew on me from there.

My current goal is to make a game on my own. So far, so good.

What is your role in the developer community?
Programmer, Modeler, Artist

I wish to express my thanks for acceptance into the development forums.

Hey! I’m AbiZinho! I am an aspiring developer (consider me a programmer) who has learned a lot, but is willing to dive deeper into the sea of imagination!

How did you find Roblox?

I found Roblox through a cousin of mines, and we just played for fun. I was always amazed at what people were capable of doing, and instead of actually playing, I was marveling at how incredible some games were, whether if it was the UI, Physics, or the Engineering aspect of the games.

One of my friends had introduced me to Roblox Studio. At first, I was really interested in making things work and experimenting with features to interpret different concepts and functions. After a while, I started making my own games just to show to friends and test out my new found knowledge. You can say I really enjoyed making things run in a way that can’t be done manually.

1. Become a “Member” in the Roblox Developer Forums
  2. Use Developer Exchange at least once
  3. Make it to the Front Page and stay there for at least 18-24 hrs
  4. Make a game entirely on my own, and sponsor it
  5. Reach 100 Million visits in a single game

I am a programmer, with several years of experience in RLua, JS, Html and CSS, Python, and more. I am also a mediocre UI Designer. So, if you need a programmer or UIDesigner, you know who to message! :wink:

I also have discord in case anyone wants to DM me for information of any kind (@AbiZinho#0001). I’m really excited to be a part of this community, and I hope I meet new people, learn new things, assist others who may need help, and make out to be a useful member in the Developer Forums. Have a great day, and thank you for promoting me to New Member! :grin:

1 Like

Welcome @AbiZinho @pheonixmario @Microsorex @b3wz @yoshi8080 @Syntaxious To the community.

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome @jordonh23 ! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks!! I am very happy to be apart of this community. Appreciate it.

3 Likes

thank you for accepting me. I am happy to be here on the forum. I will report bugs as well as to help out with people who have questions about stuff. thank you very much. now I do not have to email roblox to report bugs no more. now I can use the forum to report it and get a faster response. thank you very much.

Hello, my name is Zaldy, AKA iNaurto04. I used to be a developer, and I rarely play games and I rarely animate things on Roblox stop motion.

How do you find Roblox?
As of 2011, I found an old Roblox logo icon from desktop. I tried to upgrading Roblox, and then I’m bored. So I close it. After weeks, I upgraded Roblox, back in 2011. Once I saw a site, I heard a commercial, and the sounds went loud, when I was a kid, due to headsets are loud.

As of 2012, I was going to computer shop on Philippines, I saw a person playing Sandbox on Roblox with random account. I played castle template thing, and it’s so fun. Also, I played Canoe without a paddle with nameless account.

As of 2013, my friend Louie wants me to play Roblox with his account named ‘iNaruto04’, instead of ‘iNaurto04’. I played some memory games from the past like traps, temple run games, and all of memories. After I’m done with account, I played Natural Disaster Survival, and Zeppelin Battle as a guests. Also, I created random accounts, and I’m done with that. So I created iNaurto04. I remember playing older games. It was my childhood. Also, I don’t remember my actual first account, since I got the Hot Wheels spinning top gear, and Love Pink shirt.

So, I was messing around with free models and doing some stuffs on it. I used to be apart from closing logo group, making Teletoon logo and old Cartoon Network logo, despite it’s a fair use to do that. On February 2018, I decided to make my own models, instead of just doing that. I also make a temple with lots of parts. I.e, I rarely built things and I also rarely animate stuffs, of course.

I had no goals, unless I was interested on that, and I’m becoming member soon just to post memes or something like that.

Modeler (Sometimes I built, sometimes I don’t)

Soon, I’m becoming apart from Roblox Developer Fourm community. Thank you for accepting me for promoting to New Member. I hope we’ll be happy about my experience.

1 Like

Hello, I am new here and thought I should make a little introduction.

I mostly do a lot of scripting, but am getting better at building as well. I am really happy to be here. :smile:

That happened to me too

How did you find Roblox?
Glad you asked! The most unusual and unlikely place, Newgrounds! Unusual because it was the first advertisement I ever followed through on.
Roblox was and still is a platform where anyone can create anything. And I wanted to do that! For the first few years I created simple places with no objectives that I treated as a virtual home.
Professionally, I am a software developer, Roblox is my hobby! Within this hobby I do scripting (mostly), building, and user experience design (not always ui).
Make an infinite furniture store!
I guess I need to take back my criticism about this forum being too elitist! I was invited for actively using the forum. Appreciate that!

Hi! I’m excited to finally be part of the dev forum!

Well I first joined Roblox in 2008 and heard it was like a hub for lots of games made by its community members. I loved the idea and freedom of the game environment.

After I first joined Roblox, I started playing some games that people had made. I originally got very curious about how a few particular games were created and I obtained a deep desire to learn. I was still young at the time, but learning the fundamentals of how things worked intrigued me. I tried making some scripts and would spend months just trying to teach myself basic things. In time I decided I wanted to make my own game and even now I’m still learning new stuff all the time.

Well my current best achievement is that I’ve built up and designed my own game almost entirely by myself. I plan, build, and program everything I need. I don’t have a development team helping to push out updates or features, but I have a clear focus on the idea I have for my work. My current goal is to start another independent development on another game.

• What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I’ve had to implement a wide range of capabilities to independently develop my own game. Most of my time is spent programming, and I find it’s the most enjoyable part of my experience. Coming up with an idea, or being given a suggestion, and then theorizing how to make a foundation or system for it and then creating the network of possibilities that it follows with. It’s exciting and programming has always been a big part of my life.

I’m happy to be included in this community where I may give feedback or help other aspiring developers. I spend most of my time listening to bug reports, making updates, going through my own community feedback, and learning along the way. It’s a lot of work, but it makes me happy. :smile:

Hello everyone! I just got invited to the Dev Forums, And I am very excited to be able to talk to you all! :smile:

-How did you find Roblox?

I am not very sure how I found ROBLOX, I believe i was surfing through the wonders of YouTube in 2012 and found several videos about it, and decided to make an account. Unfortunately, I believe my computer couldn’t support ROBLOX back then.

But in 2014, I found out that ROBLOX is on mobile. so I figured, “Hey, I guess I can give this a shot!” so here I am. Playing the many wonders of ROBLOX, and meeting new friends.

-How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I got started building on ROBLOX around mid 2015. I started figuring out how slowly ROBLOX studio worked! I like to build occasionally.

-Current goals/achievements on the platform

-My current goals/achievements on the platform is… Well, I am not exactly sure yet! I still have lots to accomplish and learn! :slight_smile:

-What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)

My role in the Developer Community is to be an Artist. I love to draw, I draw quite frequently! And I hope to improve my art and become more knowledgeable about developing.

-Anything else you would like to include

I hope to be able to make friends here, and learn from you all! :happy1:

-Crazyblocks234

Hi, my name is ChilledCW. I joined Roblox in 2014, however I have known Roblox since 2012. I started building in Roblox studio about 3 years ago, making very simple weapons. Over these 3 years I have self taught myself how to build and use studio to its potential. I aim to make a successful game on the Roblox platform and perhaps even establishing a group. Maybe when I have time, I could learn a bit of programming. I think that is all about me :smiley: ! I’m really happy to be apart of the forums :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello. my Name Is darktron905 I Am really Proud to be a part of this Community!

-How did you find Roblox?
I Found Roblox In 2016 I am not sure how i found Roblox Back in 2016 but i Remember watching a YouTube Video About Roblox.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox Platform?
A few Months After I joined Roblox in 2016 I liked Programming And Building So i Started Building Basic Things And Learned How To Script Cool Things In 2016.

Current Goals/Achievements On the Roblox Platform.
My first Achievement Was 10,000 Place Visits in like early 2017
My second Achievement Was 30,000 Visits in 2018 I Always Update these Games after a few days.
My Goal Is To get 50,000 Place Visits

What is your role in the Developer Community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
My role In the Community Is Builder And Programmer I always Liked Building/Programming Awesome Games.

Anything Else You Would Like To Include?
Helping Out Builders And Programmers In The Community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First off: hi, I’m jebjordan. Happy to finally be on here and able to at least reply to things. (Hopefully I can make it to Members eventually, so I can be a part of the full community.)

Not sure… but I think it was something along the lines of seeing an advertisement way back in 2009/2010 or so?

I started by… well, playing Script Builders and editing scripts, then eventually making my own, as well as playing around in studio.

Uh, not much. I make a bunch of modules that won’t be used yet, but should someday be helpful to some people hopefully.

I’m a programmer mostly. Not the greatest with frontend (ui / gfx / building)

I like gaming and coding, and my sense of humour is pretty hard to explain or understand.
    I’m from Canada and I try to be nice to people, as much as I can of course.

3 Likes