Inventory Book UI

So I’ve recently finished the base UI for my Inventory Book UI, I also added sound effects and plan to add more. I want to improve the UI because it looks very bland and hopefully adds some spice to it. So I want to try getting others’ opinions on what I could add, remove, or edit.

here is a video of what the Inventory Book UI looks like

Any feedback will be much appreciated and i hope yall have a great day!

5 Likes

Impressive! It requires more detail though, try changing the background to something more darker like gray because it just looks too bright. Also add images for items.

2 Likes

I plan to add images for the items in the future. And I will try making the background abit grayer.

1 Like

Made the UI abit darker, it’s a small change but I think it looks better without it being so saturated!

However, I will keep the times as text for placeholders. I’m trying to determine what items ill have first so I don’t have scrapped assets and everything.

1 Like

Great! it looks alot better now :wink:

2 Likes

Looks nice! The text size could be better, though.

3 Likes

what would ya recommend i do to fix the text size?

1 Like

Smaller text, looks too big like it doesn’t fit in properly.

1 Like

i see, ill try to resize it a bit and use some text constriants

1 Like

I’m looking forward to see the finished product :wink:

2 Likes

I made the Item names & descriptions in the inventory and crafting pages a bit smaller as well as the item requirements in the crafting tabs.

Fixed Crafting + Inventory Text:

Fixed Item Description Text:

Fixed Crafting Description Text:

2 Likes

Also a note for everyone interested in my inventory UI, i plan to make more bookmarks that’ll appear after the player crafts or obtains certain items, such as a guide book, map and etc.

1 Like

Quick question, what will this ui be for? Will you be using it for a game? Will you be selling it?

1 Like

This UI is for a project I’m currently working on called “Hilo’s Travel” an adventure based game with an expansive universe waiting for the player to uncover.

Interesting! I will play it sometime.

looks good! one problem though, make it so the pickaxe cant touch other parts, it just looks weird and you can glitch through walls

1 Like

ive added that feature abit ago, all the pickaxes don’t touch any parts considering that player doesn’t need the pickaxe to hit a rock for it to mine.

i think it looks pretty cool

you should add more too it though

1 Like

The problem is, that I don’t really know what else I could add. Some people told me to make the book cover a bit bigger so it looks more like a book. But that’s all I can really think of when it comes to adding more.
Also, note that the UI isn’t just used for crafting and dropping items, I’ve set it where the player can place placeable items such as torches and etc. and equip tools like pickaxes and axes.

I feel like it could use some mor color.