Investing into a revamp of my game

Wait. How do you have almost 3 million dollars to pay experts to make a game for you? Is it from previous game profit…?
How many people are you hiring?

1 Like

Honestly, you could have saved yourself a lot of money.
It’s like buying a wedding ring for your partner. You can spent millions or you can spent 3k and there is only a minor difference in size and the sparkle.
60k is so much and you spent it on performance testing… it’s overall just a lot and super risky.
I played Vehicle legends about a year ago and my friends love it and you really just should have saved your money :+1:

A small portion of the budget goes into revamping visuals(20%). The big thing here is fixing up gameplay, that’s what most of the budget goes to.

When you put a decent amount of money into getting a project to be much better/future proofed, it’ll last much longer, thus generating much more long term revenue. At the moment, not a ton can be done with the game in it’s current state, other than adding some new vehicles sometimes, but not many people are excited by that, so the game will just die.

I’m pretty confident in the project. It’ll be released in stages, so in the worst case, I can cancel the rest if Part 1 fails. I will never be happy if I stop here, and I cannot/will not, this is just the beginning for me. I’ve had people tell me to just put my money into generic businesses because those are guaranteed money, but I will be miserable if I do that. Once you pass a certain net worth, the numbers start to mean less. The good side to all of this is that I will still have the old map playable in a separate place, which will be an option in the main menu/map menu, so players will always have the old content as well.

I’ve got a plan B ready if the game totally backfires and goes kaboom, but the odds of a failure this bad are pretty low, though I’m ready in the possibility. Thanks for your care & insight.

3 Likes

I’d think carefully before spending that much on one game. Looking at the average, top vehicle simulator on ROBLOX they usually don’t go above 5-10K concurrent players. What you want to spend is no small amount, 3 Million is an insanely large amount. You have to think if you’d be able to make this amount back or not.

I don’t know what these games make on average, but their obviously not as popular as games like Adopt Me, Bloxburg, etc. And unlike other engines, ROBLOX is somewhat more limiting so IDK how much better you’d be able to make the game before it hits that limit.

I’m not saying don’t do this, but you need to think very long about this as it’s obviously not a small project. Though I’m sure you can make a great revamp for far, far less money.

yes, games do earn that much. adopt me has earned like, what, 12 million dollars? 13 million dollars?

1 Like

30000? thats insane! and yes, if roblox gets more popular, or something changes in car racing games, it would be possible.

. adopt me has earned like, what, 12 million dollars? 13 million dollars?

Are these just arbitrary numbers pulled from the sky? Where are you getting this from?

1 Like

While I don’t think theres a public figure, Adopt Me does have 30 or so developers with annual salaries of around 70-100K USD. A figure like that isn’t entirely impossible.

no they are not i remember watching a devking video, posted in april 2020, saying that gamepasses alone they earned 7 million

That’s great. But I still feel 3 Million is a bit excessive. You should definitely go forward with the revamp but I think you should consider lowering the budget a bit (or alot).

WOW! Most likey there wont be mobile users who can enjoy this! Its Great! If you need a Beta tester i can do it! :slight_smile: Xbox/Mobile/PC! Good luck on the front page.

This is actually a pretty honorable thing to do as a game developer and other developers should consider reinvesting rather than hopping from project to project. It would generally increase the quality standard per game on the platform.

Car games along with FPS have insanely good monetization. For example Bad Business with 2k-3k players came out and said they made 60,000 USD the other month during an interview. This gives these genres of games alot more leg room to increase production.

3 Likes

That. Is. Insane.
This game would be complete with realistic cars which will probably consume most of your budget (modeling + rigging + scripting of cars). How many scripters are there in team?

2.8M… what… where do you get this money

1 Like

If I go into your game studio and add a part can I get the whole 2.8 mil?
Jokes aside, really amazing that you’re doing this! Can’t wait to see the improvements! Maybe it’d be a good idea to document the changes you make so you can do a sort of experiment to see what a bigger budget can do for an older game?

“ROBLOX”, you’re a special type of person, if you haven’t yet figured out that ROBLOX alone, is turning into a multi-billion dollar business opportunity, it’s a platform that offers a lot of chances, and offers even more children with their parent’s money. 2.8M USD from a game like vehicle legends is more then possible, and developers from GTA 5 want to make money. If someone offers them a job, they do it. To make money.

7 Likes

I’ve heard even ROBLOX doesn’t make much of a profit until recently, I don’t know if it’s a good idea to spend that much on one ROBLOX game TBH. I think the same quality can be achieved for much, much less if spent wisely.

1 Like

I totally agree with that, and it’s ridiculous to put all of it back into the game. But it doesn’t mean it’s impossible, or any less likely.

I can agree with that. Unless you are hiring hundreds of people and making an AAAAA game, you’re not going to need that much. Lol

I do really hope your game blows up though. You can’t get rich without taking risks.

A lot of the budget goes into getting real cars in the game, like 50% of the budget is just for licensing fees and 3D modeling labor. I’m already getting it for pretty cheap. Licensing isn’t 100% a guarantee right now, so the amount spent could be lowered a bit, but If licensing falls through, I’ll have to hire vehicle concept artists, which will cost a comparable amount.

We use fake cars right now, they suck. So we’re working on getting actual, full blown, real cars in the game. Like actual designs, actual brands, etc.

1 Like