Is {1,0} {1,0} The Full Screen Size?

I’m trying to make a gui that covers the whole screen. If you make the size {1,0} {1,0} will that cover the whole screen. I tried it and when I’m creating the gui it covers the whole screen but when I play the game there’s a space on the top.
While Creating

While Playing

Also why is there a bar at the top showing the stats? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks for reading!

19 Likes

Setting the size to {2,0} {2,0} should do. But you’ll have to change the position accordingly {-1,0} {-1,0} to make up for the size.
As for the stats you can go to (while you’re playing) Settings>Performance Stats>Off

15 Likes

Hey there. You can disable it by adding this code into a LocalScript, then placing that LocalScript in StarterPlayerScripts.

wait()
call(function()
    local starterGui = game:GetService('StarterGui')
    starterGui:SetCore("TopbarEnabled", false)
end)
8 Likes

The topbar is 36 pixels offset so add that your size and make the y position 36 too.

4 Likes

There is an IgnoreGuiInset option for screengui as well.

23 Likes

Just enable IgnoreGuiInset on the screengui object

7 Likes

Another way you can make a GUI cover the whole screen is by setting the size to {1, 0, 1, 36} and then setting the AnchorPoint to 0, 1.

Related thread:

Edit: Forgot to adjust the position, you should also change the position to {0,0,1,0}. However I would recommend using IgnoreGuiInset because it is a clearer way of making a gui cover the top bar and a much simpler solution.

@Wunder_Wulfe: Thanks for picking me up on that mistake.

5 Likes

You forgot to adjust the position to {0,0},{1,0}
Used to do this though:
size {1,0},{1,36}
position {0,0},{0,-36}

5 Likes